Sign in to follow this  
PunkBuster

Always show emblems over character heads

Question

I've got a server running on PK mode. I want guild emblems to show over character heads all the time, like in WoE. In other words, I want the Emblems over character heads to display in all maps, not just on mapflag gvg maps. I cannot find where in the src this behavior is governed. Anybody has any idea where I should be looking?

Maybe this could be a .conf setting too? It would certainly be useful to other people.

1 answer to this question

[eAthena]Okay after fiddling for hours, I figured it out. It turns out that this behavior is controlled by the ragexe.exe, not the SRC in particular.

if(map[sd->bl.m].flag.pvp) {
		if(!battle_config.pk_mode) { // remove pvp stuff for pk_mode [Valaris]
			if (!map[sd->bl.m].flag.pvp_nocalcrank)
				sd->pvp_timer = add_timer(gettick()+200, pc_calc_pvprank_timer, sd->bl.id, 0);
			sd->pvp_rank = 0;
			sd->pvp_lastusers = 0;
			sd->pvp_point = 5;
			sd->pvp_won = 0;
			sd->pvp_lost = 0;
		}
		clif_set0199(sd,1);

I changed that last line to 'clif_set0199(sd,3);'. It sends a packet to your client that makes it think you're in a GvG map, but without actually making GvG damage and restrictions apply(like disabling pushback or using guild.conf WoE damage options apply). It effectively did what I wanted but with two drawbacks:

1) No Visible Damage

2) No /nc

Fixing the first issue was easy, I just had to hex my client to show WoE damage and it worked. The problem is the /nc not working, which is not something anybody has ever bothered to hex before(to my knowledge). If we can figure out a way to hex this, it could be made into a feature.

Edit: This is eAthena code, not Hercules. Apparently in Hercules/rAthena this function is called clif_map_property.

Edited by PunkBuster