Sign in to follow this  
dfabsgwapings

Custom Skill Effect

Question

How can I add custom skill effect or change the skill effect to a different one like on this link. I followed the instruction to simply extract this to data/texture/effect but the effect that is showing is still the original.

6 answers to this question

The only possible issue that comes to mind is that the file name on my download is not the same as the one your game client will read. You will have to search around the GRF for the correct one, as I recall there being multiple storm gust files. Once you find it, rename the .str file, and it should work.

If it doesn't work, let me know. I'll try to help if I can. 

@Ciar Sure I will look for them and by the way this happens to all skill effect that you have. I tried them all but nothing works. but I will try your suggestion and Ill let you know what will happen.

Make sure you're extracting the files to the proper location (You said you did but just making sure!)

And if you're placing them in the data folder outside GRF, I think there's a patch in NEMO to enable it.

@Ciar I tried to locate the name in data.grf for the skill effect name and it is actually the same (.str), I even ttied to change everything in data.grf to your skill effect but for some reason its dtill showing the old effect, I even tried to put it in data folder outside and patch the client using NEMO and its still the same.

Im kinda confuse because I already chamge the one in data.grf but its still showing the old effect. why is that?

Do you have a Data.ini file? Perhaps it is set to read another GRF before data.grf?

Now I'm wondering if others have had a similar issue and never reported it.

Yesterday I tried to change the look of Skill and the same thing happens here. But when I use the @effect 89 command it appears, but the Skill when it is used shows the old one. I believe the name of the str file is another, because I changed the name from stormgust.str to stormgust--.str and still keeps getting the old hahahaha Skill.

The change is cool. I tried to find where the texture connection occurs with Skill to see the file name but I haven’t been able to yet.

Sorry for my bad ingles (google translator).

EDIT: I managed to make Modern Lord of Vermillion 1.0.0 work, maybe it helps who’s trying too. In my case my data.grf determined the Skill in data\texture\effect\lord_of_vermillion\lord_of_vermillion.str so just create the lord_of_vermillion folder and within changed the name of Skill lord.str to lord_of_vermillion.str

CONCLUSION: we will have to find where Skill is depending on your data.grf unfortunately I haven’t found the file that makes this link yet, because it would be easier to know the current name of each Skill(I don’t even know if such file exists hahaha).

EDIT: I found my Storm Gust. On my data.grf was called storm_min.str. I switched the files and it worked here now.

Edited by delber

On 6/27/2020 at 2:49 AM, Guest said:

The only possible issue that comes to mind is that the file name on my download is not the same as the one your game client will read. You will have to search around the GRF for the correct one, as I recall there being multiple storm gust files. Once you find it, rename the .str file, and it should work.

If it doesn't work, let me know. I'll try to help if I can. 

I have a question here. To make it call LoV skill for example, in skilleffect.lua will active LoV.str right?? I want to edit crimson_r.str. Can u help me? Lua file is protected by server. So i can't fix it. I need to edit crimson_r.str :(

Untitled1.png