Vejova

How to phpmyadmin with existing mariadb?

Question

Hello again everyone,

So now that I have a working server, client, and Browedit (yay), I'm trying to install phpmyadmin and then fluxcp. My problem is that all of the mpa installation guides I've found assume that I want to create a new db during install, and they say nothing about linking or using my existing server db. 

How do I go about installing phpmyadmin while linking it to my existing RO database?

Are there any steps that I need to change/modify during install, like the server directory that I install it to (e.g., /Hercules instead of ~) ?

NB:  i'm using VPS/Debian to install and not windows. I went through the fresh install once just to see how it works, and I did manage to connect to my VPS fine. But I couldn't figure out how to import what I wanted.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

4 hours ago, Vejova said:

Hello again everyone,

So now that I have a working server, client, and Browedit (yay), I'm trying to install phpmyadmin and then fluxcp. My problem is that all of the mpa installation guides I've found assume that I want to create a new db during install, and they say nothing about linking or using my existing server db. 

How do I go about installing phpmyadmin while linking it to my existing RO database?

Are there any steps that I need to change/modify during install, like the server directory that I install it to (e.g., /Hercules instead of ~) ?

NB:  i'm using VPS/Debian to install and not windows. I went through the fresh install once just to see how it works, and I did manage to connect to my VPS fine. But I couldn't figure out how to import what I wanted.

Thanks!

try my Guide maybe you can figure it out.. 

you can import things thru sql command. or in phpmyadmin install it on your debian. you need to install php/ phpmyadmin and configure it.  if you want to.
You can also perform a remote connection to your vps without phpmyadmin so you can easily connect your sql to your MYSQL Query browser
In default it was set as no connection other than 127.0.0.1 so you need to enable your ip restriction to able connect it on your windows.