Sign in to follow this  
evilpuncker

Clan system WITH guild system

Question

Hello everyone, I was thinking about doing the good and old race system (the one with palettes from a lot of years ago) in my server with the brand new clan system, that is perfect (look at this beauty and imagine the possibilities 😍) BUT,  there is a big problem, a player can't be at a clan and a guild at the same time, and I don't really think they will like it since they like to be part of a guild and fight in WoE. if it is possible to "force" players to join a clan (and have all the benefits of the db/clans.conf setting file) while not prohibiting it to be in a guild

okay, my request is kinda simpler than the above, is it possible to run only the Buff part from the clans.conf by something like sc_start SC_CLAN_INFO, 1 (and it will run the Buff script from clan id 1 on the invoking character?

Spoiler

I've used @AnnieRuru charms plugin for this before, but wanted to do it as a status to be more appealing visually 🙃

2 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, evilpuncker said:

is it possible to run only the Buff part from the clans.conf by something like sc_start SC_CLAN_INFO

OnPCStatCalcEvent ?

prontera,155,185,5	script	fhdskdjf	1_F_MARIA,{
	mes "join annieruru fan club";
	next;
	if (select("Yes","No") == 2) close;
	#annie_fan_club = true;
	close2;
	recalculatestat;
	end;
OnPCStatCalcEvent:
	if (!#annie_fan_club) end;
	bonus bAllStats, 100; // Makes you imba
	end;
}

Hello, I recently brought this up in the discord so I figured I would share my findings here.

For clans to work with a guild, you have to remove, or in my case comment out, all four guild checks in the clans.txt

//		if (strcharinfo(PC_GUILD) != "") {
//			mes("Did you finish things up with your old guild?");
//			close();
//		}
		if (getcharid(CHAR_ID_CLAN)) {
			mes("Eh, you're already in a clan. Hey, this isn't funny.");
			close();
		}

and the clans.c file:

// Already joined a guild or clan
/*	if (sd->status.guild_id > 0 || sd->guild != NULL) {
		ShowError("clan_join: Player already joined in a guild. char_id: %d\n", sd->status.char_id);
		return false;
	} else */ if ( sd->status.clan_id > 0 || sd->clan != NULL) {
		ShowError("clan_join: Player already joined in a clan. char_id: %d\n", sd->status.char_id);
		return false;
	}

in order for both to work together, I haven't seen any side effects from this. This works on both renewal and pre-renewal, just make sure you recompile.