Rynbef

Voting closed. A new patcher is coming.

Hey guys,

I'm wanna create a new programm for the community but I don't know what. Its can be an old programm which needs remaked or a new programm which isn't exists yet. Please leave an idea and if u mean a programm should remaked. Please make a list of all features the programm has, which things a good or bad and which things whould nice to have  Of course its can be a web application too. 

Ps: I don't create a Str editor.

Best regards,

Rynbef~

Edited by Rynbef

A remake of RSM/FBX converter, or a brand new one would be nice. I can barely ever get it working and the error messages are very vague. And personally, even just something that can make a model's particular texture be two-sided will be a huge help, lol.

Or maybe some kind of program to help create Effect Tool files easily (see attachment for info on what the average file looks like). The way I see it in my head is like the Server Database Editor where you just input the numbers and it adds a line.

But the most helpful and groundbreaking one would be something that can properly convert .rsm2 files to .rsm, and/or can convert the new 2019+ version of .rsw to ones usable in pre-2019 clients. Someone managed to convert them one time, but only the person that did it knows how, and they sort of dropped off the face of the earth.

event_02.lub

Edited by Guest
Attachment Added

A palette viewer/editor with option to create random ones and such

8T96L40.png

(the image above is from the "Act Editor" tool by @Tokeiburu, just open an job act sprite and select Edit-> Palette Editor...) but its kinda buggy, specially the pick color thing

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm waiting for more suggestions and maybe I will create a poll later.

Rynbef~

13 hours ago, evilpuncker said:

(the image above is from the "Act Editor" tool by @Tokeiburu, just open an job act sprite and select Edit-> Palette Editor...) but its kinda buggy, specially the pick color thing

Heya,

Sorry for sneaking in your thread... someone pinged me @@! I want to point out that your version of Act Editor is quite outdated (latest versions are on the mediafire links in its respective thread, or here). There are no known issues with the pick color tool; please forward them to me if you can reproduce it easily.

17 hours ago, Ciar said:

But the most helpful and groundbreaking one would be something that can properly convert .rsm2 files to .rsm, and/or can convert the new 2019+ version of .rsw to ones usable in pre-2019 clients. Someone managed to convert them one time, but only the person that did it knows how, and they sort of dropped off the face of the earth.

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth...! I am simply not very active on Hercules' forums. I released the downgraded RSM2/RMS1 files on Borf's Discord. I believe I saw the models being reuploaded in other places afterwards...? Anyhow, I had also converted the RSW files with its objects, but never released those maps (someone had to do that manually ;x...). Though the models' conversion isn't perfect (the rotation frames' quaternions weren't converted properly), so some models ended up with oddities. A tool to convert those models will not be released however as it is simply easier to use a newer client instead to load those maps/models.

@Tokeiburu ur the boss of tools :)

I'm would be rly happy if u give me a suggestion ur the Tool/Editor Creators God :D

Rynbef~

5 hours ago, Rynbef said:

@Tokeiburu ur the boss of tools :)

I'm would be rly happy if u give me a suggestion ur the Tool/Editor Creators God :D

Rynbef~

Well the most popular requests have already been suggested, all of which are rather huge undertaking:

• A more friendly STR editor (which you've already said you're not interested in).
  • A palette editor meant towards the creation of palettes for the job sprites/head sprites, as mentioned by evilpuncker. Either fully automated or for "manual mass creation" (as in choosing colors that would automatically create palettes for the other classes). It is hard to create a friendly interface for such a project though. The job sprite files are also different for some servers, so it's hard to account for everyone when doing such a project. It's quite a messy one that would leave you more frustrated than anything at the end of the day.
  • A, yet again, new patcher similar to Thor. I don't think one is really necessary as Thor already does everything you'd want from a patcher though.
  • Edit: A new map editor, similar to BrowEdit. BrowEdit 2.0 is still being worked on, though.

Those are certainly the requests I've received the most that I can remember. (I have a feeling those aren't the programs you'd be looking to make...!) But sorry, those are my best guesses.

Edited by Tokeiburu

I've often thinked about a new Patcher like the Thor patcher. And the src of other Patcher make its easier to understand the formats of the files. That my favorite suggestion currently.

My other idea was a new weethumbnail. U can see the sprite as preview as thumbnail in ur folder structure.

And I want add more great features:

- if there is a act file in the same folder with same name the thumbnail will animated like the act file says in the idle animation

- if there is no act file in the same folder the thumbnail will show the images animated with 200ms delay

- U can right click on the file to extract the images and u can select images and right click on them to make a sprite

- and maybe a configuration program

- and another maybe: u can extract act files to json file and backwards

Any meanings?

Rynbef~

Edited by Rynbef

Oops, sorry for the late reply! I've never used weethumbnail, but I have heard from a handful of people it would be nice to have a new version. I do personally like the idea of a new patcher. I am only familiar with neoncube and the one I use cannot delete files from the GRF or game folder. What Tokei suggested would be cool as well, a palette file generator that does so en masse.

OK it seems no more votings placed. The community voted for "a new patcher". And I will create it. I'm rly happy to create a new patcher. I'll start a new topic after I've created the mainly functionality.

But don't be worried about the voting. The other ideas are great too and maybe I'll create the other tools too. 

Rynbef~

Dear community,

the voting is over and the community decides that I should create a new patcher.

I will use this topic for suggestions. I've planned a lot of features but I don't want to share it yet but u can do this. I whould be rly happy if u write suggestions for the new patcher. Which features should the patcher have?

Rynbef~

10 hours ago, Rynbef said:

Dear community,

the voting is over and the community decides that I should create a new patcher.

I will use this topic for suggestions. I've planned a lot of features but I don't want to share it yet but u can do this. I whould be rly happy if u write suggestions for the new patcher. Which features should the patcher have?

Rynbef~

It's weird choice from community to choose patcher as most of the patchers are already customisable.

Required features of patchers:

1) Patching (inside grf and outside grf)

2) after patching complete, click start button to launch the client.

Additional Features (existing in current patchers):

1) Notice View (where owners can update the changelog,news,etc)

2) Customisable buttons (add button image anywhere in patcher and do action like start exe / open url)

3) Customisable backgrounds (all elements in patcher can be configured)

Features which doesn't exist in patchers, but some pServers do:

1) Integrated login from patchers.

2) Deleting files from grf (there exists lua to do so for new clients, but not sure if it deletes from inside grf or outside grf)

3) Account details shown in patcher.

4) Master Account logins and selection of child accounts to login

I can't think of what features a patcher should have that existing patchers can't do, apart from SSO login

Which features should the patcher have?

News, changelog, customizable buttons and backgrounds and the ability to delete files from GRF and from outside the grf like Dastgir mentioned. These are very important at least to me. Especially deleting files from/outside GRF cause sometimes things are patched in by accident or to the wrong location and then it can be "stuck" there forever lol.

Thank u very much. I've a great idea to make the Patcher and all Buttons customizable. And u will be able to use animations and much much more. In the configuration window u can create the Config file and use a login field or use the Ingame login field.

And I will make the patches encrypted. They will decrypted and the patched to the GRF or Folder.

U can create a patch where u can select files and instead of "patch file into grf" u can choose "delete files from grf" or "delete files from RO folder" and if u don't want select the files u can write it in a textsrea with path instead.

Rynbef~

Edited by Rynbef

6 hours ago, Rynbef said:

Thank u very much. I've a great idea to make the Patcher and all Buttons customizable. And u will be able to use animations and much much more. In the configuration window u can create the Config file and use a login field or use the Ingame login field.

And I will make the patches encrypted. They will decrypted and the patched to the GRF or Folder.

U can create a patch where u can select files and instead of "patch file into grf" u can choose "delete files from grf" or "delete files from RO folder" and if u don't want select the files u can write it in a textsrea with path instead.

Rynbef~

Encrypted patches are of no use, it will just add extra processing for decrypting when patching.

I don't want that someone steal my self made sprites or maps. Thereforce u can enable or disable patch encryption.

Maybe it will be open source. I'm thinking about.

Rynbef~

Edited by Rynbef

On 11/8/2020 at 9:12 PM, Rynbef said:

I don't want that someone steal my self made sprites or maps. Thereforce u can enable or disable patch encryption.

Maybe it will be open source. I'm thinking about.

Rynbef~

That doesn't do anything.

What you are talking is related to GRF Encryption.

What you said before is: Encrypted patch is stored, it downloads and decrypts in local to merge it with grf? See? It serves no purpose as they can get it from grf itself.

Yes but I will allow to enable grf encryption too.

Rynbef~

39 minutes ago, Rynbef said:

Yes but I will allow to enable grf encryption too.

Rynbef~

Are you creating patcher or client mod? Grf encryption just by patcher is not possible.

Sorry, I am just confused, what exactly are you creating?

I create a patcher and I'm using the encryption of the GRF Editor for patching encrypted patches in an encrypted grf.

Rynbef~

Sorry but this makes no sense. The patcher doesn't care if the content is encrypted or not. It's the client which must be able to read it which is usually done with a dat file.

Any patcher can use any encryption by default