Neo-Mind

WARP - A successor to NEMO

Have you tried the RessourceHacker software? I know that you can modify the executable icon on it. I personally use it to configure a personal launcher for my game server. Try to open an executable where the Ragnarok online icon is present in order to extract the icons to add them to your executable.

By the way, my question is irrelevant, but how did you display a warning window like the one you see on your screen shoot, that interests me.

EDIT: Found it. sorry for inconvenience!

Edited by Daraen

1 hour ago, Daraen said:

Have you tried the RessourceHacker software? I know that you can modify the executable icon on it. I personally use it to configure a personal launcher for my game server. Try to open an executable where the Ragnarok online icon is present in order to extract the icons to add them to your executable.

By the way, my question is irrelevant, but how did you display a warning window like the one you see on your screen shoot, that interests me.

EDIT: Found it. sorry for inconvenience!

I already try use reshack but that one only change the exe icon not the title window icon...

and for warning window is license.txt...just diff always show license...and need to use langtype 7/8

13 minutes ago, hadiesyafiq said:

I already try use reshack but that one only change the exe icon not the title window icon...

and for warning window is license.txt...just diff always show license...and need to use langtype 7/8

I use langtype 18 and it work.

Can you give me your exe, i can try for you if you want

Edited by Daraen

For the icon on the taskbar, you need to use either "Restore Inbuilt Icon" or "Use Custom Icon" (if you want to use your own icon).
For the title icon, I was expecting that to be included in these patches, let me have a look.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:27 PM, hadiesyafiq said:

hi @Neo-Mind when i use WARP the title icon is not show..how to show the icon?

here some picture to refer...on the red mark

iconproblem.png

Try using the patch "Restore Inbuilt Icon". I have fixed the issue with the title bar icon.

In case you want to use your own icon then the "Use Custom Icon" patch should be selected instead.

FYI, I have also added Custom Shields & Custom Jobs patches in WARP and yes it supports all clients from 2010 - 2021.

New features
Custom Shields:

• Maximum Shield count can be customized now (limited to 127 for now).
  • You can also validate a shield id based on the job id by modifying the ValidateShieldID function in ShieldTable_F.lub.

Custom Jobs:

• All the Lua files are now in a different folder called 'JobInfo' to avoid mixing in with others.

• You can specify different strings based on servicetype. For e.g. "korea" and "america" can have different strings. 
    To achieve this, you need to specify an override table with the name LT_<servicetype number>.
    For e.g. LT_0 specifies overrides for korea servicetype. Check PCNames.lub to get a clearer idea. 
    At present, it is only used for name changes & palette path changes.

• Scaling for Baby Jobs can be changed. You can change this in Shrink_Map inside PCIDs.lub.
    There is one caveat though, due to client limitation, the factor needs to be specified as IEEE hex string.
    (no floating-point support in Lua function calls 😒)

Common to both:

• You get the option to copy the files to your patched client area. The files are copied only if you apply the patch.
  • For Custom Shields, the max shield value also gets updated in the copied file automatically.

I was planning on more amount of changes in Custom Jobs, but it's on hold for now.

Just want to point out, that the whole RO emulation scene, all the private servers and new people learning how this stuff works prolly wouldn't exist anymore without your efforts and tools. You got my highest respect and appreciation.

On 4/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, Neo-Mind said:

FYI, I have also added Custom Shields & Custom Jobs patches in WARP and yes it supports all clients from 2010 - 2021.

New features
Custom Shields:

• Maximum Shield count can be customized now (limited to 127 for now).
  • You can also validate a shield id based on the job id by modifying the ValidateShieldID function in ShieldTable_F.lub.

Custom Jobs:

• All the Lua files are now in a different folder called 'JobInfo' to avoid mixing in with others.

• You can specify different strings based on servicetype. For e.g. "korea" and "america" can have different strings. 
    To achieve this, you need to specify an override table with the name LT_<servicetype number>.
    For e.g. LT_0 specifies overrides for korea servicetype. Check PCNames.lub to get a clearer idea. 
    At present, it is only used for name changes & palette path changes.

• Scaling for Baby Jobs can be changed. You can change this in Shrink_Map inside PCIDs.lub.
    There is one caveat though, due to client limitation, the factor needs to be specified as IEEE hex string.
    (no floating-point support in Lua function calls 😒)

Common to both:

• You get the option to copy the files to your patched client area. The files are copied only if you apply the patch.
  • For Custom Shields, the max shield value also gets updated in the copied file automatically.

I was planning on more amount of changes in Custom Jobs, but it's on hold for now.

is there a guide in custom job, how to implement it with JobInfo??