Minuvas

Proximity Voice Chat

Question

I am aware this is a challenging and complex ask. 

Looking for a plugin that will enable voice chat for players in proximity of each other. 

Please let me know if you're up for the challenge. 

6 answers to this question

We're not on Among Us T_T.
It will certainly be more complicated than what you let appear in your request, and if someone decides to do it, it will surely pay off because I doubt that anyone has the motivation to develop such a thing for the glory °°

Edited by Daraen

On 1/23/2021 at 6:08 PM, Minuvas said:

I am aware this is a challenging and complex ask. 

Looking for a plugin that will enable voice chat for players in proximity of each other. 

Please let me know if you're up for the challenge. 

This is a good idea but we will wait for professionals to do it or pay for it.. because it will need a lot of work.

55 minutes ago, simplexjay2 said:

why not use discord

What he meant was not just about normal voice chat but with proximity. Like if you are near a player you can communicate.

I dont think its possible with the current clients, but i can think its doable with robrowser.

Maybe if someone creates a plugin for the client (i saw something about that some time ago), it might also work, but i dont think sending it directly to the server, as it only read packets, so it might be neccesary to makes the server configuration to expose who is near who to a third party service and let this third party service manage it...

Its an interesting idea (that I as an anxious guy would not really like to use, but see the potential for it for others).