aabarreto

Can't run the server

Question

Good afternoon!

I'm probably the worst dev-pretender out there... I really know close to nothing. I'm trying to run my own server following this guide:

Now, for the problems:

1. In step 4 (4a and 4c) I'm not sure what I should do... Should I just copy the content from import-tmld into import and keep the other files, then just paste everything?

2. I did as stated above and soon before step 5 I tried to run the servers... But they don't., as you can see the in the image that follows.

Anyway, I did everything exactly like told in the guide, making the exception for the doubt in the item "1" above. What am I doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.cfea4e891ca74f7f976869943156e656.png

In Hercules I have a different error...

image.thumb.png.ea93b56f405fff2be7e0d1e5f8b86e69.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Also, all those are in red in Hercules:

image.png.98d0991ac51dda6d54373efee3d42fd0.png

Those are my files in "import" folder from Hercules

battle.conf char-server.conf inter-server.conf login-server.conf logs.conf map-server.conf msg_conf.txt script.conf socket.conf sql_connection.conf

And those are all my files in "import" folder from rAthena.

atcommands.yml battle_conf.txt char_conf.txt inter_conf.txt inter_server.yml log_conf.txt login_conf.txt map_conf.txt packet_conf.txt script_conf.txt

11 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Neffletics said:

I haven't checked the attached files but it seems like the MySQL user is not working. 

What should I do? The user isn't supposed to be "root", I guess, but "qwert", as in the files I edited...

15 hours ago, aabarreto said:

Good afternoon!

I'm probably the worst dev-pretender out there... I really know close to nothing. I'm trying to run my own server following this guide:

Now, for the problems:

1. In step 4 (4a and 4c) I'm not sure what I should do... Should I just copy the content from import-tmld into import and keep the other files, then just paste everything?

2. I did as stated above and soon before step 5 I tried to run the servers... But they don't., as you can see the in the image that follows.

Anyway, I did everything exactly like told in the guide, making the exception for the doubt in the item "1" above. What am I doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.cfea4e891ca74f7f976869943156e656.png

In Hercules I have a different error...

image.thumb.png.ea93b56f405fff2be7e0d1e5f8b86e69.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Also, all those are in red in Hercules:

image.png.98d0991ac51dda6d54373efee3d42fd0.png

Those are my files in "import" folder from Hercules

battle.conf 1.48 kB · 0 downloads char-server.conf 2.32 kB · 1 download inter-server.conf 1.49 kB · 0 downloads login-server.conf 1.49 kB · 0 downloads logs.conf 1.47 kB · 1 download map-server.conf 2.02 kB · 0 downloads msg_conf.txt 0 B · 0 downloads script.conf 1.49 kB · 0 downloads socket.conf 1.49 kB · 0 downloads sql_connection.conf 2.33 kB · 0 downloads

And those are all my files in "import" folder from rAthena.

atcommands.yml 1.33 kB · 1 download battle_conf.txt 0 B · 0 downloads char_conf.txt 1.07 kB · 1 download inter_conf.txt 759 B · 0 downloads inter_server.yml 1.92 kB · 0 downloads log_conf.txt 0 B · 0 downloads login_conf.txt 207 B · 0 downloads map_conf.txt 590 B · 0 downloads packet_conf.txt 0 B · 0 downloads script_conf.txt 0 B · 0 downloads

Check your database in

http://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin

and check the user you used.

3 hours ago, Kuya Jeo said:

Check your database in

The guide didn't say I needed to use phpmyadmin, so I just don't have it... I'll take a look on how to use it

4 hours ago, Kuya Jeo said:

Check your database in

Ok, I gave it a try using xampp... And got a bunch of errors (it's written in Portuguese, but you may see the error codes)

image.thumb.png.ea864af35a57c57f0c3025095e87571f.pngNow I'm trying to figure out what's going on...

4 hours ago, Kuya Jeo said:

Check your database in

Ok, I managed to make it work... Now, another problem. I configured everything to port 3306, but xampp will only open while using port 3307, since the 3306 is already occupied... Any idea of how to solve it?

On 1/25/2021 at 11:44 PM, aabarreto said:

Ok, I managed to make it work... Now, another problem. I configured everything to port 3306, but xampp will only open while using port 3307, since the 3306 is already occupied... Any idea of how to solve it?

End the process that's using port 3306. 

More info: https://veerasundar.com/blog/2009/10/how-to-check-which-application-is-using-which-port/

Edited by Neffletics

1 hour ago, Neffletics said:

Thank you, but I ended  up giving up on doing it myself and posted a freelancer job offer online in my region, lol

If you or someone be interested in getting paid with brazilian poor money, please tell me, lol

1 hour ago, aabarreto said:

Thank you, but I ended  up giving up on doing it myself and posted a freelancer job offer online in my region, lol

If you or someone be interested in getting paid with brazilian poor money, please tell me, lol

It's just that port 3306 was probably being used by another program. that's just it.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:27 AM, aabarreto said:

Then I'll try everything again tomorrow...

Sometimes Skype's using this port. Try to close all of your apps before you run your database.