aabarreto

Login Background

Question

So, I finally managed to run my server, thanks to the advice of Daraen and using anacondaq's guide.

Now I'm trying to learn a few first steps, as in changing login background...

I used this website tool: http://rathena.sourceforge.net/tools/login_background/ and the image below, a 1024x768 .jpg (I made sure of the resolution and extension), created a .grf for both login backgrounds and tried to merge with my GRF Editor, when the following error appeared:

image.thumb.png.b177134e11b8828a694a9afcfb83ee04.pngimage.png.28668a995a045e380fcb7f92abdf41fb.pngimage.png.03164d1f1518f16f99a64d55f2d89e73.png  

8 answers to this question

4 hours ago, aabarreto said:

So, I finally managed to run my server, thanks to the advice of Daraen and using anacondaq's guide.

Now I'm trying to learn a few first steps, as in changing login background...

I used this website tool: http://rathena.sourceforge.net/tools/login_background/ and the image below, a 1024x768 .jpg (I made sure of the resolution and extension), created a .grf for both login backgrounds and tried to merge with my GRF Editor, when the following error appeared:

image.thumb.png.b177134e11b8828a694a9afcfb83ee04.pngimage.png.28668a995a045e380fcb7f92abdf41fb.pngimage.png.03164d1f1518f16f99a64d55f2d89e73.png  

There is no real need to create a special grf to change the login screen, replace it directly in the data.grf/data/texture/À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º/.
the images must be in .bmp.

try this 

loginscreen.rar

EDIT:

Result 1611774441-works.jpg

Edited by Daraen

27 minutes ago, Daraen said:

There is no real need to create a special grf to change the login screen, replace it directly in the data.grf/data/texture/À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º/.
the images must be in .bmp.

try this 

loginscreen.rar 1.46 MB · 0 downloads

EDIT:

Result 1611774441-works.jpg

I deleted my server to start it over, learning more things... But I did try this on a private server I play and it didn't work... Maybe because they force whatever is in the data server? I don't know... Anyway, how to slice it into 12 pieces? And I should just extract the folder with grf editor and replace the items or I did it wrong?

2 minutes ago, aabarreto said:

I deleted my server to start it over, learning more things... But I did try this on a private server I play and it didn't work... Maybe because they force whatever is in the data server? I don't know... Anyway, how to slice it into 12 pieces? And I should just extract the folder with grf editor and replace the items or I did it wrong?

Personally I proceed like this:

- I download the image I want in the login screen.
- I go to this link: https://pinetools.com/split-image and I split the image into 4 * 3
- I reopen all the images in an image editor, paint, photopea, photoshop whatever, and I re-save the 12 images in .bmp format
- Finally, I go to my client file, I open data.grf, I go to data / texture / À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º / and I replace the existing files with my 12 images in .bmp formats

Then I save and start the game.

Your image will appear.

Note that the client reads two types of login screen, it charges one randomly from your client. But for my part, no problem if you follow what I tell you to the letter.

5 minutes ago, Daraen said:

Personally I proceed like this:

- I download the image I want in the login screen.
- I go to this link: https://pinetools.com/split-image and I split the image into 4 * 3
- I reopen all the images in an image editor, paint, photopea, photoshop whatever, and I re-save the 12 images in .bmp format
- Finally, I go to my client file, I open data.grf, I go to data / texture / À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º / and I replace the existing files with my 12 images in .bmp formats

Then I save and start the game.

Your image will appear.

Note that the client reads two types of login screen, it charges one randomly from your client. But for my part, no problem if you follow what I tell you to the letter.

Would you mind to explain the randomness? Are there two "packs" os 12 .bmp files and it picks one of those packs at random? Can't I change both?

1 minute ago, aabarreto said:

Would you mind to explain the randomness? Are there two "packs" os 12 .bmp files and it picks one of those packs at random? Can't I change both?

In your data.grf you will find these files.

If you want to have one and the same connection image, copy paste your image cut in 12 in .bmp format and paste it in a folder.
rename your images as displayed on the screenshots and save them in your data.grf> data / texture / À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º /

2.png.f0b863f37f7b84dfeedf2abc6dd12ac2.png1.png.19c369edb3db2277a3f85c68cb18c159.png

2 minutes ago, Daraen said:

In your data.grf you will find these files.

If you want to have one and the same connection image, copy paste your image cut in 12 in .bmp format and paste it in a folder.
rename your images as displayed on the screenshots and save them in your data.grf> data / texture / À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º /

2.png.f0b863f37f7b84dfeedf2abc6dd12ac2.png1.png.19c369edb3db2277a3f85c68cb18c159.png

I believe I managed to find out what's wrong. The server uses two more .grf and probably loads from another one... I'll try the others.
Anyway, I don't know if I get how to save it inside data.grf... I can make it extract the folder and replace the files there, but I'm not sure how to replace inside the .grf... Will look into it as well, but it won't work just replacing in the extracted folder?

Edit: ok, learned how to replace the files in the .grf

Edited by aabarreto