Sign in to follow this  
Dyst0rtiion

Unable to connect to map server

Question

After days of stuffing around trying to get my Hercules server up and running, i have hit a brick wall.

I've encountered so many issues which i have eventually resolved but my latest issue is timing out the connection when connecting to my map server.

Important information:
I am hosting the server on a local machine (I.P 192.168.1.148) and am trying to connect from another PC (192.168.1.156)

I have previously ran rAthena servers, so i'm not a complete noob.

The Login, Char and Map servers all talk to eachother in the console window, and all login to my SQL Database.

All of the ports have been forwarded correctly - i've done this process hundreds of times.

Server is being ran on an Ubuntu Server VM, ran on a Window10 machine (192.168.1.86) with a Bridged Network Connection.

This same Win10 machine is concurrently running a Minecraft server and a WoW private server with the same Bridge Network configurations - so the VM config works.

I have tried to change my Address in my clientinfo.xml to my DNS (dyst0rtiiongaming.ddnsgeek.com), my LAN IP and my WAN IP. I have the same issue regardless of this configuration.

I'ts a bit hard to get a log from the Hercules server to show the error, but it says (and i typed this out - rip me):

[Status]: Connection of the account 'Dyst0rtiion'accepted.

[Info]: closed connection from '192.168.1.156'.

[Info]: request connect - account_id: 2000001/login_id1:1594713555/login_id2: 1639272176

[Info]: loading char data (2000001)

[Info]: char load request (150001)

[Info]: loaded char (150001 - Dyst0rtiion);   status memo inventory cart skills friends hotkeys mercenary

[Info]: selected char: (account 2000001: 0 - Dyst0rtiion)

[Info]: Subnet check [192.168.1.156]: Matches 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

[Info]: Closed connection from '192.168.1.156'

I've attached a screenshot of powershell network tests to prove i have TCP access to the required ports on the host machine, and all of my conf files so you can see their configurations.

If i've left anything out, let me know!

Login-Server.conf

Spoiler

Map-Server.conf

Spoiler

Char-Server.conf

Spoiler

PowerShell Screenshot

Spoiler

1424549516_LYK7VLp-Imgur.thumb.png.085fe04527efb3e1fd6d4ca7c7f2dd19.png

Edited by Dyst0rtiion

1 answer to this question

for detect configuration issue can help packet logger

Create if missing in hercules directory log

Use plugin from here https://github.com/HerculesWS/StaffPlugins/tree/master/4144/packetlogger2

try to connect and give me created packet logs. (your char password and pin will be in logs)