Sign in to follow this  
FalcoChris

Is this possible?

Question

Hey, I would like to make a server just for myself and 2 other people. Can I host it on my PC and have them join me? If so, can someone point me to a thread that has instructions please. Thank you.

5 answers to this question

You can follow this guide, use your machines IP instead and run Herc on e.g. Xampp or, which is imo the better option, get a small vps (there are some for 1$/month) and host it there.

On 5/10/2021 at 11:17 PM, FalcoChris said:

Hey, I would like to make a server just for myself and 2 other people. Can I host it on my PC and have them join me? If so, can someone point me to a thread that has instructions please. Thank you.

yes, you can do something like this .... how about you check your options

(1) host it in your pc at home and if you have a good internet connection that is great no lag and if your pc turns off.. your friends can connect
(2) host it in a vps and even if you or your friends have not good internet it is fine since vps have good bandwidth
(3) link >>>

, but if you want to learn about it then it is this will be the great journey you will ever do ...**reminiscing days on eAthena >> cReAM >> 3CeAM >> Rathena >> Judas Fork >> Hercules**

On 5/13/2021 at 2:20 AM, Promeister said:

Easiest way i managed to make my friends connect to my server is by using Hamachi.

hi! i'm interested by that, do i have to do something else after my friend is connected to my hamachi server ? or can he just connect to my ragnarok server after that ? Nothing else to set on my or his Ragnarok client ?

Thanks for reading me 😃

On 10/27/2021 at 4:22 AM, Vortex_Impact said:

hi! i'm interested by that, do i have to do something else after my friend is connected to my hamachi server ? or can he just connect to my ragnarok server after that ? Nothing else to set on my or his Ragnarok client ?

Thanks for reading me 😃

he needs to create a basic account and just share your host name and password.

On 11/6/2021 at 11:09 AM, Promeister said:

he needs to create a basic account and just share your host name and password.

it doesn't work, he is well connected to my hamachi but when he want to connect on his ro client it does "failed connect to the server"