Ai4rei

RO Patcher Lite, v4.2.2.1316 - last updated 2023/12/18

RO Patcher Lite

rsu-cover.png

About
Replacement for Gravity's RO patcher. Works faster and doesn't consume your entire memory for just seeing it crashing, aside from this, it works almost exactly as the official patcher does, so that it shouldn't break, unless Gravity changes something vital to their patcher. It works on every 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft* Windows* platform and is free of any cost.

Known Issues
None.

Download & Website
http://ai4rei.net/p/rsu

License
88x31by-nc-nd.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 International License.

Edited by Ai4rei

I didn't think their would be anymore releases for a long time since the program appears to be perfected. Its a great program that does a great job at updating your kRO and RE files. Not only that, but it also has a few extra's that helps greatly at times. Like a command function that repacks your data and rdata grf files. I was shocked to see the size of my data.grf go down by a few 100 MB's first time I got a message recommending me to repack it. I do wish their was a easier way to access the advanced features in the GUI at times. Maybe a secret spot on the GUI you can click to unveil a advanced options GUI.

You will generally need only "Kro". If you need test server (sakray) content, which is just some weeks ahead of main server, you will also need "Kro RE".

This depends on the server you play, though.

are you going to do any workaround for this: itofk8J.png seems like gravity is doing patches with longer file names so we can't view its size

All I receive is an error:

"Failed to receive xxxxx..."

and 

"Failed to connect to file server."

In case you connect to Internet over wireless, try fixing that first.

Might be a problem between you and the patch server then, works fine for me.

i noticed, it's DO NOT work fine for many locations around the world.

I have tons of different servers in different country. And in countryes like: Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Kazahstan in different ISP it's do not work at all.

My suggestion:

add a feature which make possible to add own proxy servers for gravity updates.

P.S., i can setup some http server + cron on server for all to download very fast updates from RO

It could be done with a plug-in. Note, that FTP is the main requirement for the patches, HTTP alone will not do it.

is this going to happen? :D that would be awesome!