Sign in to follow this  
Ind

N> Help Testing New Instances

We heard you, and we're very close to releasing it, while the adjustments were few I'd like to have it properly tested just to be sure we didn't miss anything.

Includes:

[*]npc/instances/EndlessTower.txt

[*]npc/instances/NydhoggsNest.txt

[*]npc/instances/OrcsMemory.txt

[*]npc/instances/SealedShrine.txt

[*]npc/re/instances/BakonawaLake.txt

[*]npc/re/instances/BangungotHospital.txt

[*]npc/re/instances/BuwayaCave.txt

[*]npc/re/instances/HazyForest.txt

[*]npc/re/instances/MalangdoCulvert.txt

[*]npc/re/instances/OctopusCave.txt

[*]npc/re/instances/OldGlastHeim.txt

Please post in this thread for any issues you encounter, I'll be committing it into the repository once we deem it to be all green.

InstancesUpdate.003.patch

Thanks.

working on it

• [*]npc/instances/EndlessTower.txt [*]npc/instances/NydhoggsNest.txt [*]npc/instances/OrcsMemory.txt

seems bug free ,  GM_NPC works too

rathena use instance_db.txt   setting   instance  timeout , but  hercules  use   instance_set_timeout

can we have both ?    :)

Maybe it'd be too much of a mess, and I'd prefer the instance_set_timeout script command rather than the database, since it's way more configurable and flexible (you only have to script the edit, not messing elsewhere) than using instance_db.txt

I know  instance_set_timeout  is better ,but  if rAthena  release  new  instance 

, We need to do annoying  converting works , the original purpose  stand on  being 

compatible with  rAhtnea instance. I don't  disagree to keep instance_set_timeout,

but  we should consider the convterting works  is annoying

Edited by Angelmelody

I know  instance_set_timeout  is better ,but  if rAthena  release  new  instance 

, We need to do annoying  converting works , the original purpose  stand on  being 

compatible with  rAhtnea instance. I don't  disagree to keep instance_set_timeout,

but  we should consider the convterting works  is annoying

we considered adding it while we were reviewing it prior to writing the update and we decided not to add it, we found it highly inconsistent -- many of the values in the fields are selectively used so even if you change for example a map name in the db you still have to change the many occurrences in the script, therefore it just adds up work, and besides that it also enables limitations on the system which would otherwise not exist (e.g. hardcoded number of instances). As for converting, the differences are very few (diff this vs theirs and you'll see there are like ~15 different lines per script), and we'll be the ones doing the updating anyway