Sign in to follow this  
khenma

[event] Run for your life npc request

Question

hi guys, i would like to request from everyone to release a run for your life event npc.

how should it work?

1. players will join the rfyl npc when the event started in 3 mins time. players will be warped to 2 small room connected to each other.

2. after 3 mins. no any other players could join the event, or lets say rfyl npc will be gone or off.

3. then in 1 min. the event is about to start and 1-3 monsters will be summoned and attack the players (take note.. the using of potions should be disabled. attacking monster is disabled..so their ability to survive depends on their equips.

4. once there's a last man standing. monsters will be automatically kill/ unsummon.

5. the winner will be rewarded with the powerful equips/items.

Edited by khenma

6 answers to this question

Id'd be nice if you elaborated on your idea a bit more, since you give a general idea but when programming or scripting all ideas must be crystal clear so that you get exactly what you want.

These are the questions that have just arisen on my head after a quick read:

• When or how should the event be started? At a certain time or by a given command (e.g. by a GM whisper)?
  • What the map should be? Scripting can't make maps and I don't know any map with these features.
  • A random amount of monsters, or always the same? What kind of monsters?
  • We can disable item usage (and drop) via mapflag on a certain map, but there's currently no possibility of disabling attacks against the monsters. Only way I can think about it ATM is giving the participant an item that makes them be 90% that are removed once they get off the event, but there should be a smoother way I'm neglecting at the moment. Would be PvP on? In that case my idea of giving them 90% won't work.
  • Some monster can kill more than one person at a given time, what to do in that case? It's a tie? Or just avoid monsters that can kill more than one person at a time?
  • Should there be no penalty to be applied upon death?
  • etcetera.

Hope I helped giving you some more insight on this process.

Id'd be nice if you elaborated on your idea a bit more, since you give a general idea but when programming or scripting all ideas must be crystal clear so that you get exactly what you want.

These are the questions that have just arisen on my head after a quick read:

• When or how should the event be started? At a certain time or by a given command (e.g. by a GM whisper)?
  • What the map should be? Scripting can't make maps and I don't know any map with these features.
  • A random amount of monsters, or always the same? What kind of monsters?
  • We can disable item usage (and drop) via mapflag on a certain map, but there's currently no possibility of disabling attacks against the monsters. Only way I can think about it ATM is giving the participant an item that makes them be 90% that are removed once they get off the event, but there should be a smoother way I'm neglecting at the moment. Would be PvP on? In that case my idea of giving them 90% won't work.
  • Some monster can kill more than one person at a given time, what to do in that case? It's a tie? Or just avoid monsters that can kill more than one person at a time?
  • Should there be no penalty to be applied upon death?
  • etcetera.

Hope I helped giving you some more insight on this process.

• It should be at a fix scheduled time maybe every 4 hours
  • Map: g_room1-3 64 183
  • Always the same for the moment, can be change, hmm the attack of monster should be adjustable, Mostly High level monster with high damage
  • hmmm pvp off. ^_^
  • it can be avoided that the monster would kill more than one.,but more than one will do, if so, then there will be no winner. ^_^ or maybe tie (hmmm.. when 2 more players left>> set time limit 3minutes count down..
  • no penalty
  • if there are 3 more players left which is not yet kill by the monster, its should be decided that the player who have more HP left will be the winner

Here compatible in Herc

turbo_roomc,136,98,4	script	Novice vs. Zombie	4W_M_01,{		.@nvzName$ = "[^0000FFZombie Vs. Novice^000000]";	.@menu$ = "Join the event:Nothing!";		if (getgmlevel() >= .gmsetting) { 		.@menu$ =  .@menu$ + ":Start Event"; 	}		switch(select(.@menu$)){				case 1:			if (BaseLevel > 1 || Class > 0){				mes .@nvzName$;				mes "Novice Base Level 1 only can join the event...";				emotion e_sry;				close;				}						if(.nvzStart == 1){				mes .@nvzName$;				sc_end SC_ALL;				sc_start SC_DEC_AGI,300000,10;				percentheal 100,100;				warp "quiz_01",42,369;				end;				}			else if ( .nvzStart == 2 ) {				mes .@nvzName$;				mes "Too late, the event has already started";				close;				}								mes .@nvzName$;				mes "No Event right now";				close;						case 2:			close;				case 3:			mes .@nvzName$;			mes "start the event";			donpcevent strnpcinfo(0)+"::OnStart";			close;		}	// beginning Time OnClock0130:OnClock0830:OnClock1330:OnClock1730:OnClock1930:OnClock2230: OnStart:	.nvzStart = 1;	announce "Zombie Vs. Novice event Will begin in 3 minutes Please Make A Level 1 Novice Inorder To Join The Event",0;	killmonsterall "quiz_01";	sleep 5000;	announce "NPC entrance is in the Market right side name of NPC is ' Novice vs. Zombie '!",0;	//	enablenpc "Novice vs. Zombie";	sleep 55000;	announce "Event Zombie Vs. Novice will begin in 2 minutes Please Make A Level 1 Novice Inorder To Join The Event",0;	sleep 60000;	announce "Event Zombie Vs. Novice will begin in 1 minute Please Make A Level 1 Novice Inorder To Join The Event",0;	sleep 30000;	mapannounce "quiz_01","In 30 seconds the monster will be started!",0;	sleep 25000;	announce "Event Zombie Vs. Novice will begin through ~5~",0;	sleep 1000;	announce "Event Zombie Vs. Novice will begin through ~4~",0;	sleep 1000;	announce "Event Zombie Vs. Novice will begin through ~3~",0;	sleep 1000;	announce "Event Zombie Vs. Novice will begin through ~2~",0;	sleep 1000;	announce "Event Zombie Vs. Novice will begin through ~1~",0;	sleep 1000;	announce "Event 'Zombie Vs. Novice' has begun!!",0,0x00FF00;		.nvzStart = 2;	initnpctimer;	mapannounce "quiz_01","Round 1!",0;	monster "quiz_01",42,369,"Zombie",1015,1;	monster "quiz_01",52,369,"Zombie",1015,1;	monster "quiz_01",30,369,"Zombie",1015,1;	sleep 10000;	mapannounce "quiz_01","Round 2!",0;	monster "quiz_01",42,369,"Zombie-2",1015,2;	monster "quiz_01",52,369,"Zombie",1015,2;	monster "quiz_01",30,369,"Zombie",1015,2;	sleep 10000;	mapannounce "quiz_01","Round 3!",0;	monster "quiz_01",42,369,"Zombie-3",1015,3;	monster "quiz_01",52,369,"Zombie",1015,3;	monster "quiz_01",30,369,"Zombie",1015,3;	sleep 10000;	mapannounce "quiz_01","Round 4!",0;	monster "quiz_01",42,369,"Zombie-4",1015,4;	monster "quiz_01",52,369,"Zombie",1015,4;	monster "quiz_01",30,369,"Zombie",1015,4;	end; OnTimer5000: 	if ( getmapusers("quiz_01") == 0 )	{		killmonsterall "quiz_01";		announce "'Zombie Vs. Novice' has ended with Event, as all have died",0;		disablenpc "Prize";		stopnpctimer;		end;	}	else if ( getmapusers("quiz_01") > 1 )	{		mapannounce "quiz_01",getmapusers("quiz_01") +" player still survive on Event.",0,0x00FF00;;		initnpctimer;		end;	}		initnpctimer;		end;		 	OnPCDieEvent:			getmapxy .@mapnvz$,.@xnvz,.@ynvz,0;		if ( .@mapnvz$ == "quiz_01") {			sleep2 1;			.nvzStart = 0;			warp "prontera",155,183;			atcommand "@alive "+ strcharinfo(0);			dispbottom "you have lost...";		}			sleep2 1000;		if ( .@mapnvz$ == "quiz_01" && getmapusers("quiz_01") == 1 ) {			mapannounce "quiz_01","You have won, approach please to npc Prize.",0;			enablenpc "Prize";			killmonsterall "quiz_01";			stopnpctimer;			end;		}			end;		OnInit:		.gmsetting = 60; // in which level the GMs can control this event ?			disablenpc "Prize";		end;}	 quiz_01,42,369,3	script	Prize	715,{	announce " " + strcharinfo (0) + " has won in Zombie Vs. Novice Event' ",0; 	getitem 7711,2;	getitem 607,10;	getitem 22860,2;	.nvzStart = 0;	warp "prontera",155,183;	sleep2 250;	disablenpc "Prize";	end;}