Ind

Introducing Hercules' Map Zone Database

Hi, just want to ask how to reload this conf file? is there a command? or it's really necessary to restart servers? Thanks!

Edit:

Just wanted to ask regarding disabled items, is it really designed to consume the disabled items when used?

For example, I set ID607: true for PvP Maps, when I used item 607 in a pvp map, the item is consumed but the effect of the item is not working since it's disabled, is it really intended to work like this?

If not, isn't it much better not to consume the item and just throw a message like "You cannot use this item here."

Thanks!

Edited by Samuel

Hi, just want to ask how to reload this conf file? is there a command? or it's really necessary to restart servers? Thanks!

No Idea. It would be sooo awesome if we could reload it without restarting our server.

Hi,

Just wanted to ask regarding disabled items, is it really designed to consume the disabled items when used?

For example, I set ID607: true for PvP Maps, when I used item 607 in a pvp map, the item is consumed but the effect of the item is not working since it's disabled, is it really intended to work like this?

If not, isn't it much better not to consume the item and just throw a message like "You cannot use this item here."

Thanks!

// Will disabled consumables (disabled by map_zone_db.conf) be consumed when trying to use them?// 1 (official): yes// 0: noitem_restricted_consumption_type: 0

sir @Ind;

Is there a % based regarding on skill damage cap on Map Zone Database?

for example, if I put 50, the skill will increase by 50%, and -50 then, that will decrease the damage by -50% 

IF it could run bonus script when player enter the zone would be better , just suggestion ;)

ooo thats an interesting idea.

>> 

makes much more sense to change it like that, I'll post in this thread when the update is in the repository

Update: https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/commit/fbd043f22a4b7ffa5eb6244897f923198200056f

http://herc.ws/board/topic/559-about-adjust-skill-damage-mapflag/

any new instructions for this?

same as before, except it works the reverse. I updated the description for skill_damage_cap in the map_zone_db.conf files.

sir Ind i hope you can add

zone "ALL"

disable_skill: MG_Sight: "Player"

disable_item: red potion

zone "PvP"

enable_skill: MG_Sight: "Player"

enable_item: red potion

so sight and red potion will be usable only on pvp zone and disable in almost every other zone

Edited by kerbiii

sir @Ind;

Is there a % based regarding on skill damage cap on Map Zone Database?

for example, if I put 50, the skill will increase by 50%, and -50 then, that will decrease the damage by -50% 

yeah i want this feature too

Edited by icabit

weapon_damage_rate

magic_damage_rate
misc_damage_rate
long_damage_rate

short_damage_rate

What exactly includes each of those? Magic is easy enough to guess, but which skills are considered misc? What exactly is weapon_damage_rate?

Also, does any of the @reload commands can be used to reload this file? Or do I have to restart the server everytime?

Edited by PunkBuster

weapon_damage_rate

magic_damage_rate

misc_damage_rate

long_damage_rate

short_damage_rate

What exactly includes each of those? Magic is easy enough to guess, but which skills are considered misc? What exactly is weapon_damage_rate?

Also, does any of the @reload commands can be used to reload this file? Or do I have to restart the server everytime?

misc are for skill that are misc type like rapid throw of kagerou

yes you need to restart everytime you change something

Is there a list of all skills that are "misc type"?

Also, I am really curious about what weapon_damage_rate exactly does.

Does this file only work with damage to players, or damage to monsters as well? I need my nerf the damage done to monsters on certain skills. Will this file work?

I am nerfing several skills, and I've had problems with a few:

-Hell's Plant;

-Gates of Hell;

-Severe Rainstorm;

-Chain Lightning;

I tried nerfing those skills to only 1% of their normal damage, but the reduction doesn't match that. They're only slighly weaker, nowhere near 99% weaker.

Edited by PunkBuster

The issue re-appeared with Overbrand, but I think I know the issue. The first hit is being affected, but the second one isn't. Looking at the src I see that the code defines them as OVERBRAND_BRANDISH and OVERBRAND_PLUSATK. The mapflag command doesn't accept those, so it's impossible to nerf the skill with mapflags(and thus mapzone).

Hope this will also support this feature.

disable_job: <job id> or <bitmask>

Hope this will also support this feature.

disable_job: <job id> or <bitmask>

that is weird xD what would it do? if you mean disabling certain job to warp to specified zone then its better to make it with pcloadmap event, because an implementation of this with map zone db doesn't really makes sense unless you want something else like job doesn't doing damage, but I guess you only want them to not go.

the Manage_Skill_Damage of lilith reduce or put more % damage, we dont have to cap! please help! to configure this in hercules!

Edited by AdmCronus

the Manage_Skill_Damage of lilith reduce or put more % damage, we dont have to cap! please help! to configure this in hercules!

Please. Use the correct sections for support.

any way to reload this conf file? or just restart the server?

now how do i disable an Item Type for example I have a PVP no Potion. wanted to disable all healing type Items.

same like AnnieRuru's mapflag noitem

Edited by THPO

any way to reload this conf file? or just restart the server?

For Now its restart server I suppose.

now how do i disable an Item Type for example I have a PVP no Potion. wanted to disable all healing type Items.

same like AnnieRuru's mapflag noitem

I hope there's also percentage reduction for skills

it is already possible using the following:

mapflags: ("adjust_skill_damage RK_HUNDREDSPEAR    250")

I hope there's also percentage reduction for skills

it is already possible using the following:

mapflags: ("adjust_skill_damage RK_HUNDREDSPEAR    250")

The 250, means what? Additional '250' damage or additional '250%'? If yes, then how can we reduce it. Can we use a negative value? Thanks for the reply!