Ind

Introducing Hercules' Map Zone Database

I hope there's also percentage reduction for skills

it is already possible using the following:

mapflags: ("adjust_skill_damage RK_HUNDREDSPEAR    250")

The 250, means what? Additional '250' damage or additional '250%'? If yes, then how can we reduce it. Can we use a negative value? Thanks for the reply!

50 = half damage

100 = normal damage

200 = twice

sorry for digging old post. Is this can be improved?

for example i have 2 zone PVP TYPE.

Type 1: PVP with potions enabled

Type 2: PVP with potions disabled

with current zone system, PVP map automaticaly using PVP ZONE settings, which mean we cant set 2 version of pvp types.

I hope someone can do patch for this.

Thanks

Why I can't use Arrullo and Deep Sleep Lullaby in WOE?

/* GvG zone is applied to all maps with a gvg mapflag */
name: "GvG" /* changing this name requires MAP_ZONE_GVG_NAME to also be changed in src/map/map.h file */
disabled_skills: {
AL_TELEPORT: "PLAYER"
AL_WARP: "PLAYER"
WZ_ICEWALL: "PLAYER"
TF_BACKSLIDING: "PLAYER"
RG_INTIMIDATE: "PLAYER"
WE_CALLPARTNER: "PLAYER"
HP_ASSUMPTIO: "PLAYER"
HP_BASILICA: "PLAYER"
CG_MOONLIT: "PLAYER"
WE_CALLPARENT: "PLAYER"
WE_CALLBABY: "PLAYER"
CR_CULTIVATION: "PLAYER"
NJ_KIRIKAGE: "PLAYER"
CASH_ASSUMPTIO: "PLAYER"
BS_GREED: "PLAYER"
SC_FATALMENACE: "PLAYER"
SC_DIMENSIONDOOR: "PLAYER"
}

Cause this thing is bugged and mapflags forced through script/command are failing to apply, thus the zone is considered "normal" by default.

The solution is to make castles forced GvG zones through gvg mapflag (guild dungeons as well). There's also a bug with magical damage reductions not applying at all and the only workaround I found was manually adding every single spell to skillmodifier mapflag file.

Unless this was fixed recently?

name: "GvG" /* changing this name requires MAP_ZONE_GVG_NAME to also be changed in src/map/map.h file */
}

well..someone hard coded it in the src..

case SC_MANHOLE:  case WM_SOUND_OF_DESTRUCTION:  case WM_SATURDAY_NIGHT_FEVER:  case WM_LULLABY_DEEPSLEEP:   if( !map_flag_vs(m) ) {    clif->skill_mapinfomessage(sd,2); // This skill uses this msg instead of skill fails.    return 1;   }   break; 

:meow:

Then what should I do? Do I need to remove it in src? I think it's better to remove it in src because in official Lullaby and Arrullo can be used in WOE

Then what should I do? Do I need to remove it in src? I think it's better to remove it in src because in official Lullaby and Arrullo can be used in WOE

if you have proof to show to devs just report it in bugtracker and it should be fixed soon

}

well..someone hard coded it in the src..

case SC_MANHOLE:  case WM_SOUND_OF_DESTRUCTION:  case WM_SATURDAY_NIGHT_FEVER:  case WM_LULLABY_DEEPSLEEP:   if( !map_flag_vs(m) ) {    clif->skill_mapinfomessage(sd,2); // This skill uses this msg instead of skill fails.    return 1;   }   break; 

:meow:

Where in the src is this? skill.c? And how to enable the skill in woe?

Edited by xathenx

Why is the map_zone.conf configurations not accurate? Adjusting skill damage doesn't really reduce damage the way I wanted it.

For example I tried to reduce damage of Psychic Wave. I put '50' on the adjust skill damage value. It doesn't reduce the damage by 50%. I tried putting '1' and it still has huge amount of damage. What is the exact calculation for this? :(

Cart Tornado is also set to '1' already but still deal 150k damage lol. 

Edited by Kong

{	/* GvG zone is applied to all maps with a gvg mapflag */	name: "GvG" /* changing this name requires MAP_ZONE_GVG_NAME to also be changed in src/map/map.h file */		disabled_skills: {		AL_TELEPORT: "PLAYER"		AL_WARP: "PLAYER"		WZ_ICEWALL: "PLAYER"		TF_BACKSLIDING: "PLAYER"		RG_INTIMIDATE: "PLAYER"		WE_CALLPARTNER: "PLAYER"		HP_ASSUMPTIO: "PLAYER"		HP_BASILICA: "PLAYER"		CG_MOONLIT: "PLAYER"		WE_CALLPARENT: "PLAYER"		WE_CALLBABY: "PLAYER"		CR_CULTIVATION: "PLAYER"		NJ_KIRIKAGE: "PLAYER"		CASH_ASSUMPTIO: "PLAYER"		BS_GREED: "PLAYER"		SC_FATALMENACE: "PLAYER"		SC_DIMENSIONDOOR: "PLAYER"		SA_ABRACADABRA: "PLAYER"	}		disabled_items: {		Assumptio_5_Scroll: true		Greed_Scroll: true		Pty_Assumptio_Scroll: true	}	/* 5 second duration increase on GvG */	/* knockback disabled */	/* GvG Mode Damage Reductions */	/* - weapon_damage_rate -40% */	/* - magic_damage_rate  -40% */	/* - misc_damage_rate   -40% */	/* - long_damage_rate   -20% */	/* - short_damage_rate  -20% */	mapflags: (		"invincible_time_inc	5000",		"noknockback",		"nobranch",		"nomemo",		"noreturn",		"nosave",		"weapon_damage_rate	70",		"magic_damage_rate	40",		"misc_damage_rate	60",		"long_damage_rate	60",		"short_damage_rate	70",		"nocashshop",		"adjust_skill_damage	GN_CART_TORNADO	1",		"adjust_skill_damage	SR_TIGERCANNON	12",		"adjust_skill_damage	SR_GATEOFHELL	40",		"adjust_skill_damage	SO_PSYCHIC_WAVE	4",		"adjust_skill_damage	SO_CLOUD_KILL	90",		"adjust_skill_damage	SO_POISON_BUSTER	80"	)	},

@@evilpuncker this part for GVG/WOE. 

@@Kong

double check if you are editing the correct map_zone file (pre-re or re folder, or even if it is reading the file, make a mistake like write anything wrong in the file to see if it show any error in console) (it may sound dumb but once I edited another map_zone from another folder and wondered why it didn't work lol)

@@evilpuncker

Lol. That's not the case obviously. I'm using renewal and I can see the changes I make in the map_zone.conf but it's not accurate. Setting it to 50 does not halve the damage. Setting it to 1 does not make 1% of the total damage.

then something is wrong, I've just tested it with 

"adjust_skill_damage RK_HUNDREDSPEAR 50",

and it halved my attack (at least against monsters) from 200+ to 100+

try the mapflag in another zone to see if it works

Edited by evilpuncker

Any update on this? It keeps breaking so GvG mapflag set though scripts or command doesn't enable GvG related stuf.

It goes like this:

Boot the server, everything's working, PvP-specific skills and gear aren't working in castles since WoE isn't active.

WoE begins, GvG mapflag is applied and now all that stuff can be used.

WoE ends, GvG mapflag is turned off, now this is where it breaks, the next time WoE starts, mapflag won't properly apply and all WoE-specific stuff will be disabled since maps are treated as normal zones. Setting it manually with @mapflag doesn't work either. Only solution is to reload scripts or reboot and having to do this after every WoE isn't exactly desirable.

Edited by Anisotropic Defixation

zones: ({	/* All zone is a dynamic (very special) zone that is forcebly inherited by ALL maps automatically */	name: "All" /* changing this name requires MAP_ZONE_ALL_NAME to also be changed in src/map/map.h file */	disabled_skills: {		//both examples below disable napalm beat (id 11) to players		//MG_NAPALMBEAT: "PLAYER"		//ID11: "PLAYER"	}	disabled_items: {		//Both examples below disable apple (id 501)		//Apple: true		//ID501: true	}		mapflags: (	"adjust_skill_damage	CR_ACIDDEMONSTRATION 	25"	"adjust_skill_damage	AS_SONICBLOW			25"	)

is this correct i want to reduce the damage to all maps including pvp,gvg

=============

not working

=============

Reduce Damage Calculation is not working Properly

please test for Magic, Physical skills

pre-re server / Base:255 Job:120

Edited by koko24

Any update on this? It keeps breaking so GvG mapflag set though scripts or command doesn't enable GvG related stuf.

It goes like this:

Boot the server, everything's working, PvP-specific skills and gear aren't working in castles since WoE isn't active.

WoE begins, GvG mapflag is applied and now all that stuff can be used.

WoE ends, GvG mapflag is turned off, now this is where it breaks, the next time WoE starts, mapflag won't properly apply and all WoE-specific stuff will be disabled since maps are treated as normal zones. Setting it manually with @mapflag doesn't work either. Only solution is to reload scripts or reboot and having to do this after every WoE isn't exactly desirable.

This is probably the reason why mapflag configurations I set does not apply consistently on gvg / pvp maps.. :|

zones: ({	/* All zone is a dynamic (very special) zone that is forcebly inherited by ALL maps automatically */	name: "All" /* changing this name requires MAP_ZONE_ALL_NAME to also be changed in src/map/map.h file */	disabled_skills: {		//both examples below disable napalm beat (id 11) to players		//MG_NAPALMBEAT: "PLAYER"		//ID11: "PLAYER"	}	disabled_items: {		//Both examples below disable apple (id 501)		//Apple: true		//ID501: true	}		mapflags: (	"adjust_skill_damage	CR_ACIDDEMONSTRATION 	25"	"adjust_skill_damage	AS_SONICBLOW			25"	)

is this correct i want to reduce the damage to all maps including pvp,gvg

=============

not working

=============

Reduce Damage Calculation is not working Properly

please test for Magic, Physical skills

pre-re server / Base:255 Job:120

I agree with you the damage reduction is not consistent nor near the set configuration at all.

so the damage reduction is working just fine only for me?  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

testing hundred spear

disabled (normal damage):

fwtIOK6.png

c6SW6B6.jpg

enabled (halved damage):
wNPW0mV.png

reW6Gnp.jpg

Edited by evilpuncker

so the damage reduction is working just fine only for me?  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

testing hundred spear

disabled (normal damage):

fwtIOK6.png

c6SW6B6.jpg

enabled (halved damage):

wNPW0mV.png

reW6Gnp.jpg

Test it on PVP / GVG mapflags. specially during WoE where gvg mapflag is enabled by a script. 

I believe the conflict is when you are setting damage adjustments on mapflag "ALL" and then you set the same damage adustment for "PVP" or "GVG" mapflags. The PVP and GVG mapflag based it's damage adjustment on the "ALL" mapflag. It means when you set it to 200 on "ALL" and you set "50" on PVP, it will make 50% damage of the "ALL" damage. It does not override.