Olrox

Sunagakure - Naruto village hidden by Sand

1. Concept

Hi everyone!  Here comes my third naruto map from a lot to come. Currenly I've been working with a plenty amount of servers that are based on this anime, and they have asked me these kind of works.

Suna.png

78268116_ZUOEUXD3.jpg

5a3dea5893efb0_full.png

The first reference was used for the modeling part. All the models were new and they were modeled/texturized upon the request of this work. I took 4 elements of that image to improve the style of the map an make it near as possible of how it is in real.

The second reference was mostly for getting the idea of how this city is "in a hole"? of mountains. Its kinda like a crater. And last, the third reference was for getting the idea of lights, pathways.

All together was enough to recreate the map to a great level, that I hope you will like.   :D Comments are always appreciated, thank you in advance for taking your time to write a review.

2. Features

Sunagakure comes with a lot of new features in mapping I've tried here. Some to mention:

• [*]Its not a night map but its global shadow is tweaked to have that twilight style [*]The main 8 roads/stairs.  At first I did them by doing a terrain edit in browedit, but, I had an issue: you really cant rotate those roads in brow to make the diagonal ones. What I did was, using the full map exporter to FBX (documentation of it on in my Olrox tutorials)  I took the terrain part  I did of the main center road from the map, and I imported it into Maya and rotated it. Then I created a custom model in brow and I used the -set gat colision 2- to make the gat cells accurate to the surface of it. [*]Last, maybe I've to mention the effects. There is a heavy sand storm present in the map if you go to the center. Also, I added some tornados to enhance the idea even better. Last, there is @fog present to match all together :D

3. Video *watch in HD 720p*

Videos comes with a new intro btw :P just to match the new and revamped Olrox GFX services I have.

http://youtu.be/ghE1Y4KnyDo

4. Screenshots

Some screenshots. There isn't a particular order or purpose on the screens here, just some overview screenshots and maybe some others that has to do with close ups.

sunagakure_end_0000_Layer-1.png

suna_0007_Layer-2.png

suna_0006_Layer-3.png

suna_0002_Layer-8.png

suna_0005_Layer-5.png

suna_0004_Layer-6.png

suna_0003_Layer-7.png

suna_0001_Layer-9.png

Although there's not much room to move around or place NPCs around (like an official town), it's still really nice! I extremely like the in-depth architecture and detail you put into making the map. The effects and background music really suit this map. Nicely done.

@everyone

Thank you. I appreciate those nice ratings :D

Although there's not much room to move around or place NPCs around (like an official town), it's still really nice! I extremely like the in-depth architecture and detail you put into making the map. The effects and background music really suit this map. Nicely done.

Yea actually that was the idea of the map. To focuss on the style/great overall look rather than functionality like npcs. If you look at the references, the buildings are really crowded, I decided to follow the idea here.