perculis

Custom Quests Lists (bad argument #1 to 'ipairs')

Question

I vaguely remember a thread about the exact same issue I'm facing these days, but I can't find it using either the forum's search engine or Google, so I apologize in advance if this was already answered somewhere else. My problem, however, is not only the common "bad arguments to ipairs", which I believe deals with a missing list table, but not knowing how to customize the lists (dropdown menus) to my liking.

For a few days now I've been trying to put the new quest window to good use, adding new missions and the like. However, I'd like to also be able to insert new lists in the episode tab, local and so forth. So, as a form of test list, I created a file called local_testequest_list.lub, following the steps of the official Dewata's quest list, only changing the scrfilename = [[TesteQuest]] followed by a new entry in the quest/quest_function.lub file.

I'm using the 2013-03-20eRagexe client and my files are in the data folder instead of some grf file. As far as troubleshooting goes I tried changing back and forth to .lua files, another version for the quest_function.lub as well as comparing names, to make sure that I didn't get the syntax wrong. Sadly, nothing seems to solve my issue. :(

quest_function.lub: http://upaste.me/bf4f92077fc5050f

localquest/local_testequest_list.lub: http://upaste.me/618a92063f1e1c58

localquest/questinfo/l_teste_list.lub: http://upaste.me/2f83920824db004b

I'm not sure if custom lists are even possible since I noticed that the local_begintutorialquest_list.lub that comes with the folder will cause  errors too. I haven't seen any private serves using the new quest window to its fullest extent so I also apologize if this is not possible due to client restrictions.

Thank you in advance to anyone who bothers to read this.

9 answers to this question

Hello perculis

yes it is possibl to add custom quest lub files ,   the most existing servers are adding new Tabs into a existing lub file . BUT  with the NEMO patcher you can add your own lub files .

Since the quest_lubs are hardcoded into the client ,  NEO made a patch to add custom entrys for it.

if you dont got NEMO Patcher , you can Download it here.

http://herc.ws/board/topic/2905-nemo-client-patcher/

when you download it , you will need a  .txt file what contains the path and names of your custom lub files.

example:

i made a txt file called  endlessro.txt

and i want to have ingame a EndlessRO quest tab

then you have to add into txt file this 2 lines

localquestlocal_endlessroquest_list               <------------ Just an Examplelocalquestquestinfol_endlessro_list                  <------------ Just an Example    

if you want them displayed ingame in the  Episode Tab you can need to write this in the txt file
epquestep_146quest_list  <------------ Just an Exampleepquestquestinfoepsoid146_list   <------------ Just an Example 

if you got the txt file rdy , open up nemo and select the Read custom quest lubs , and browse him to your  txt file and patch it.

after your done with it be sure to add the corrext values into the quest_function.lub  what is loacted in the  quest/ lub folder.
makeLocalQuestList(LOCAL_EndlessroQuest_List)QuestTable.EndlessroQuest = EndlessroQuest_List 

after your done with the quest_function.lub  be sure to create the correct custom quest lubs , Be sure the names are all matching

/localquest/local_endlessroquest_list

LOCAL_EndlessroQuest_List = {					{						name = [[EndlessRO Quests]],						imagefile = [[ep_test_sample.bmp]],						list = {									{										name  =	[[Test entry 1]],										list = {												{													name =[[Test entry 2]],													scrfilename = [[EndlessroQuest]],													questID = 15000,												},											},									}								},					},		}

/localquest/quest/l_endlessro_list.lub

EndlessroQuest_List = {[15000] = {				NPCFromName = [[4_MAL_CAPTAIN]],				NPCFromMap = [[malaya]],				NPCFromSpr = [[4_MAL_CAPTAIN]],				NPCFromX = 290,				NPCFromY = 340,				NPCToName = [[Guard Leader]],				NPCToMap = [[malaya]],				NPCToSpr = [[4_MAL_CAPTAIN]],				NPCToX = 290,				NPCToY = 340,				Item = [[]],				PrizeItem = [[ < image = "6497">Lesser Agimat<end> (3) < image = "6497">Lesser Agimat(PC)<end> (6)]],				Title = [[Hello Neo Its Working]],				Info = [[Hello Neo Its Working]],				Hunt1 = [[ < link = "PORING">Poring<end>]],				Hunt2 = [[]],				Hunt3 = [[]],				Time = [[0]],				LV = [[0]],			},}

Hello perculis

yes it is possibl to add custom quest lub files ,   the most existing servers are adding new Tabs into a existing lub file . BUT  with the NEMO patcher you can add your own lub files .

Since the quest_lubs are hardcoded into the client ,  NEO made a patch to add custom entrys for it.

when you download it , you will need a  .txt file what contains the path and names of your custom lub files.

I wonder how I missed that program, it looks like such a great tool and a nifty alternative. :D

My custom lists are nice and working already after following your simple step-by-step guide.Thank you so much for introducing me to it, ossi0110.

Before I mark this as solved, just one more question, any idea on how to insert a quest list in the event tab? I hope I'm not asking for too much, it's ok if it's not possible, I will take what I can get. As far as I can tell the quest_function.lub file only has options for function makeEPQuestList and function makeLocalQuestList so I'm a tidbit confused.

Edited by perculis

Hello perculis

example:

i made a txt file called  endlessro.txt

and i want to have ingame a EndlessRO quest tab

then you have to add into txt file this 2 lines

localquestlocal_endlessroquest_list               <------------ Just an Examplelocalquestquestinfol_endlessro_list                  <------------ Just an Example    

if you want them displayed ingame in the  Episode Tab you can need to write this in the txt file
epquestep_146quest_list  <------------ Just an Exampleepquestquestinfoepsoid146_list   <------------ Just an Example 

if you got the txt file rdy , open up nemo and select the Read custom quest lubs , and browse him to your  txt file and patch it.

after your done with it be sure to add the corrext values into the quest_function.lub  what is loacted in the  quest/ lub folder.
makeLocalQuestList(LOCAL_EndlessroQuest_List)QuestTable.EndlessroQuest = EndlessroQuest_List 

after your done with the quest_function.lub  be sure to create the correct custom quest lubs , Be sure the names are all matching

/localquest/local_endlessroquest_list

LOCAL_EndlessroQuest_List = {					{						name = [[EndlessRO Quests]],						imagefile = [[ep_test_sample.bmp]],						list = {									{										name  =	[[Test entry 1]],										list = {												{													name =[[Test entry 2]],													scrfilename = [[EndlessroQuest]],													questID = 15000,												},											},									}								},					},		}

/localquest/quest/l_endlessro_list.lub

EndlessroQuest_List = {[15000] = {				NPCFromName = [[4_MAL_CAPTAIN]],				NPCFromMap = [[malaya]],				NPCFromSpr = [[4_MAL_CAPTAIN]],				NPCFromX = 290,				NPCFromY = 340,				NPCToName = [[Guard Leader]],				NPCToMap = [[malaya]],				NPCToSpr = [[4_MAL_CAPTAIN]],				NPCToX = 290,				NPCToY = 340,				Item = [[]],				PrizeItem = [[ < image = "6497">Lesser Agimat<end> (3) < image = "6497">Lesser Agimat(PC)<end> (6)]],				Title = [[Hello Neo Its Working]],				Info = [[Hello Neo Its Working]],				Hunt1 = [[ < link = "PORING">Poring<end>]],				Hunt2 = [[]],				Hunt3 = [[]],				Time = [[0]],				LV = [[0]],			},}

if I use <image> in my lub file, client crashes, any alternatives for this?

When viewing some of the quests that are on the quest window crashes the client. I realized that are those ones with the:

use of  <image> for example:

[9155] = { 
                NPCFromName = [[Tribal Chief Paiko]],
                NPCFromMap = [[dew_in01]],
                NPCFromSpr = [[4_M_DEWZATICHIEF]],
                NPCFromX = 15,
                NPCFromY = 49,
                NPCToName = [[Tribal Chief Paiko]],
                NPCToMap = [[dew_in01]],
                NPCToSpr = [[4_M_DEWZATICHIEF]],
                NPCToX = 15,
                NPCToY = 49,
                Item = [[ < image = "6405">Cendrawasih Feather<\end> (15)]],
                PrizeItem = [[]],
                Title = [[Help Leader!]],
                Info = [[^0000FFBring 15 Cendrawasih Feather and Return to me.^000000"]],
                QuickInfo  = [[]],
                Hunt1 = [[]],
                Hunt2 = [[]],
                Hunt3 = [[]],
                Time = [[0]],
                LV = [[0]],
            },

Then this happen:

I'm guessing I am missing some sort of lua file, but I'm not sure which. Any help?
The client is set to show errors, however there is no error shown with these ones..

16406431_947823385348614_797452317996624

Edited by iraciz