Olrox

[Showcase] Colosseum - PvP/GvG or Event Arena

1. Concept

Hello. This is one of those times that I'm proud to show one of my best maps I've done so far, since it comes with plenty of new features. Coliseum, is really an impressive map, full of life thanks by the use of animation in rigged 3d models.

This is a commision I had, however its not a private map. Its available to anyone who wills to pay/invest on his server. Anyone interested, contact me as usual.

650px-RO2_Colosseum.png

The whole main idea was to create a circular colosseum although the ambience style was intended to be a little different than this. I was inspired by the movie -gladiator- where there is a clandestine colosseum outside of Rome where slaves are forced to fight.

I loved those flags that I guess covers the sun/sand in the reference for the spectators. I really had to try that on my map. Thats what I did, and that structure was a must to add animation aswell.

2. Features

Colosseum comes with new features in mapping that I've been trying so far:

• [*]Rigging and animation in Palm Trees and Flags: This animation is based in bones/articulations and its working thanks by the GR2 project of animated mobs in 3D. They are loaded as none-clickeable NPC in game. Please watch the video to get what I mean!

• [*]The circular core of the colosseum, the stairs, were made and texturized in 3D from scratch. Atm I'm focussing into the way Ragnarok has it textures which for me they tend to have a grainy surface and shadows on some edges. Thats what I did aswell

• [*]Effects like sand, and a dense fog that you can see if you move the camera at a high zoom, gives the feeling I was looking for.

3. Video *watch in HD 1080p*

Please I suggest you to watch the video. This map comes with animation that you can't see on screensshots!

4. Screenshots

Some screenshots. There isn't a particular order or purpose on the screens here, just some overview screenshots and maybe some others that has to do with close ups.

col_0007_Layer-1.png

col_0006_Layer-2.png

col_0004_Layer-4.png

col_0002_Layer-6.png

col_0001_Layer-7.png

col_0000_Layer-8.png

Comments are always apreciated. Thank you in advance :P

Edited by Olrox

Wow... the effects in the overall map actually makes me feel like I took a trip to a dessert. I can't imagine how awesome it'd be to actually PvP/GvG in that map! I'm not sure what criticism I have for the map... o_o Good thing? lol!

The only suggestion I can make is it would of been nice to have seating in the booths so that people can spectate :P

Wow... the effects in the overall map actually makes me feel like I took a trip to a dessert. I can't imagine how awesome it'd be to actually PvP/GvG in that map! I'm not sure what criticism I have for the map... o_o Good thing? lol!

The only suggestion I can make is it would of been nice to have seating in the booths so that people can spectate :P

thats a great idea!! olrox can u make that happen?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

I forgot to mention that the map has 2 versions. One with the stairs available for spectators and another one without that :P