Triedge

Source of item_db.txt to item_db.conf.

Question

I am aware Haru converter.
but soon I will not have internet access, which limited me greatly be editing many items.

If haru would be so kind as to share the source of your website convert, I would make conversations easier from a home web server.

12 answers to this question

Sorry I haven't read post clearly.

Perl Download: http://www.perl.org/get.html

Download perl, Go to your hercules folder and type this

perl tools/itemdbconverter.pl < db/item_db2.txt > db/item_db2.conf 
Edited by Dastgir Pojee

actually there is available item db converter in tools folder

• [*]Don't trust us? No, no, we don't need your custom items, you can sleep safe... But if you still don't want to paste anything on a website... well, we have provided the source code of the converter script! It's in the 'tools' folder of the Hercules repository. All you need is a Perl interpreter (and if you're running Linux or Mac OS, on either your server or your own computer, it's almost certain that you already have that). All you have to do is run it (example: perl tools/itemdbconverter.pl < db/item_db2.txt > db/item_db2.conf), and your item database will be converted in a split second!

source: Item DB file structure overhaul

^ Hi, quote this.

but soon I will not have internet access, which limited me greatly be editing many items.

If haru would be so kind as to share the source of your website convert, I would make conversations easier from a home web server.

I think what he want is offline converter.

^ Hi, quote this.

I think what he want is offline converter.

is correct.

do i need to click the itemdbconverter.pl then type this < db/item_db2.txt > db/item_db2.conf

or just type this perl tools/itemdbconverter.pl < db/item_db2.txt > db/item_db2.conf

[*]Don't trust us? No, no, we don't need your custom items, you can sleep safe... But if you still don't want to paste anything on a website... well, we have provided the source code of the converter script! It's in the 'tools' folder of the Hercules repository. All you need is a Perl interpreter (and if you're running Linux or Mac OS, on either your server or your own computer, it's almost certain that you already have that). All you have to do is run it (example: perl tools/itemdbconverter.pl < db/item_db2.txt > db/item_db2.conf), and your item database will be converted in a split second!

did you read this?

[*]Don't trust us? No, no, we don't need your custom items, you can sleep safe... But if you still don't want to paste anything on a website... well, we have provided the source code of the converter script! It's in the 'tools' folder of the Hercules repository. All you need is a Perl interpreter (and if you're running Linux or Mac OS, on either your server or your own computer, it's almost certain that you already have that). All you have to do is run it (example: perl tools/itemdbconverter.pl < db/item_db2.txt > db/item_db2.conf), and your item database will be converted in a split second!

did you read this?

run means open the itemdbconverter.pl? then type what? or can u teach me? i have already installed perl in my computer

Open Command line, Go to your Hercules folder via "cd" command

then type "perl tools/itemdbconverter.pl < db/item_db2.txt > db/item_db2.conf" in cmd.

Open Command line, Go to your Hercules folder via "cd" command

then type "perl tools/itemdbconverter.pl < db/item_db2.txt > db/item_db2.conf" in cmd.

thanks dastgir pojee