PunkBuster

Thanatos Effect in Renewal

Question

What exactly is the formula for Thanatos Card/Ice Pick in Renewal?

My beta playersare reporting that damage with Thanatos and Incant Samurai is similar in any configuration they attempt.

11 answers to this question

inca ignored your def completly and thana does more dmg according to def 2 comptly diffrent things

so inca alrdy igrores it so thana whont do more dmg as def is 0 alrdy ;)

what you could do is make 1 card and lets thana be used before inca does ^^

Edited by Zezicla

I found some things regarding ice pick's formula:

http://db.irowiki.org/db/item-info/1230/

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Ice_Pick

In pre renewal, IP increase the damage in % according to the total def of target (decrease to targets with low def and increase to targets with high def). In renewal, with the changes in def stats (influence of stats in soft def, and changes of def add for equips), IP changed your damage formula, works only with hard def (equip def) and add damage like ATK bonus (+ATK).

Pre renewal formula: [ATK * ( (Soft DEF + Hard DEF) /100)]

Renewal formula: [ATK + ((Hard DEF) /2)]

where [ ] denotes flooring

Got the same issue where in a Rune Knight uses crushing strike with thanatos krashnaya dealing only around 40k while using a glorious spear deals around 100k damage. Of course the target has higher defense. Kind of weird though

if ( n_tok[bon_ICE_PICK] === 0 )

{ // Player has no Ice Pick, apply defence

damage = Math.floor( damage * defReduction( n_B[en_HARDDEF] ) ) - n_B[en_SOFTDEF] + wBC4_3;

}

else

{ // Player has an Ice Pick, ignore defence

damage += wBC4_3;

}

damage = Max( 1, damage );

return damage;

}

in 'src/map/battle.c' under 'battle_calc_defense' function we are already using the exact formula so the the higher the target's def the higher additional damage thanatos card will grant(1 atk per 2 def)..

if( flag&2 ) // Thanatos Card Effect and a like	 damage += def1 >> 1;if( !(flag&1) && !(flag&2) ) { // Both Thanatos and Enca Card ignore this damage reduction	 if( flag&4 )	      damage -= (def1 + vit_def);	 else		  damage = (int)((100.0f - def1 / (def1 + 400.0f) * 90.0f) / 100.0f * damage - vit_def);}

:meow:

@@malufett

Sorry to revive this topic, but it seems that using the latest SVN, Inca weirdly gives higher damage than Thana. Target player has high def with max upgrades as well and there seem to be no change when using Thana at all. It even reduces the damage. (Tried both skills and normal physical attacks)

@@malufett

Sorry to revive this topic, but it seems that using the latest SVN, Inca weirdly gives higher damage than Thana. Target player has high def with max upgrades as well and there seem to be no change when using Thana at all. It even reduces the damage. (Tried both skills and normal physical attacks)

I don't see any problem..

v9mbr.png

@@malufett

I don't see any problem..

v9mbr.png

I tested it on Renewal, is that RE too? Barricades in renewal are similar to emperium. I only get 1 damage per hit. Tested it on actual players and it even reduced the damage of thana. lol

Both High Wizard Card and Thanatos is not working on my end.

This is the item script for Thana: (I added Demihuman just to be sure)

bonus bDefRatioAtkRace,RC_Boss;
bonus bDefRatioAtkRace,RC_NonBoss;
bonus bDefRatioAtkRace,RC_DemiHuman;

For HW card (I still get the same effect even if it ignores target's mdef):
bonus bIgnoreMdefRace,RC_NonBoss;
bonus bIgnoreMdefRace,RC_DemiHuman;
Edited by Kong

I noticed the same thing, it is as if Thanatos Card/Ice Pick has little to no effect compared to what it did in Pre-Renewal.

Is there a change in the src that we can restore how it used to behave?

It just doesn't punish high vit builds like it used to.

Edited by xRaion