evilpuncker

Do not count @at as online player

I'm here to suggest a config se we can choose if we want to add them (@at players) to the online list (count), that is pretty useful (well, IMO it is since I've thought about this for years already lol but never proposed anything about it :P), I hope someone agree with me :)

Edited by evilpuncker

@autotrade only gives people to ability to let there shop open when they dont have to let there pc running in the night.

they would sell the items in this moment this way or without it, so they are online players.

@Tepoo

that would be only true if they use only one character at @at :) or you mean that if I create 10 account and put all of them at @at I'll have 10 more players? or 1 more player? that is the reason of the setting that I'm asking for, that is your opinion and I respect it, but there are people that thinks like me, so if it got implemented those who don't want just need to change the setting!

I agree with you. I've been countless times in need of not counting autotrade or AFK players. Most of all because I didn't want to show an inflated list to the rest of the users.

This definitely would help a lot +1 but maybe put this in a conf file as I'm pretty sure many server owners would prefer to keep their online counts as is.

this can be a bit troublesome, while map server can take care of fixing it on /w easily char servers awareness of online characters, which is used to show the online count on "select char server" window, would require some modifications here and there on inter-server packets.

@At players are fake online players count, sometimes gm need to know the true count to organize an event

...I've been countless times in need of not counting autotrade or AFK players. Most of all because I didn't want to show an inflated list to the rest of the users.

why not just make an atcommand that will shows the number of players without chatroom or vending

script command version

http://rathena.org/board/topic/70126-floating-rates-question/?p=146588

this is a roundabout method

Edited by AnnieRuru

Also keep in mind that players are used to expect autotraders in online counts, so those unaware that they are not counted will believe the server has less players than it actually does.

Hi, I'd like to add the suggestion:

@who commands where in when you use it, you can view the all players online and the players @at vendor
Name: kyeme (admin) | Party: 'HELLO' | Autotrade......11 Players found. (10 Players and 1 Autotrade)

and script commands:

getusers(<type>)	0 - Count of all characters on the map of the invoking character.	1 - Count of all characters in the entire server.	8 - Count of all characters on the map of the NPC the script is		running in.	? - Count of all vendors (@at) in the entire server. 

Also keep in mind that players are used to expect autotraders in online counts, so those unaware that they are not counted will believe the server has less players than it actually does.

just add a warning or something like this, "online players: 500 (300 on, 200 at)"

I don't think its possible to alter the /who to display non-autotrade

but @who and @whomap can

http://upaste.me/4d1e10585e29b0b0d

you guys need to change the message.conf into other numbers ... I simply pick randomly

post-4102-0-47521000-1392139729_thumb.jpg

for the script command, I think I'll propose an alternative method

something like *getservermember ... just use this commmand and count respectively