Sign in to follow this  
Ind

Auction Feature all screwed up.

I've tried to fix the auction feature, which has a number of stuff broken e.g.

- "sell list" doesn't display proper item icon/name

- "product list" "buy now" sends wrong value to the server (negative)

I've tried to take a go at it but I have no fucking idea whats wrong. I've tried to go over the packet that lists stuff in the window but I didn't find anything wrong with it either.

More Info:

http://herc.ws/board/tracker/issue-5221-bidding-on-auction-not-working/

On another note, if anyone could provide a network report/packet dump of accessing the auction window / listing stuff in a official server, it'd be most welcome.

Do you think it was just recently broken? Wasn't the Auction system working 100% before?

I think it's already before...

:meow:

hum o.o that'd explain why the client doesn't like when i tell it to display auction stuff, do any of you know the date this happened? perhaps a kro changelog mentions the auction stuff being disabled? with a date we can put a packetver limitation on the feature

I would just guess that the feature was barely used by the majority, i myself never used because of the fee.

RO has vending and most vendors are at the main town (prontera) anyways.

Also they added the Blackmarketeer catalogues like 1-2 year(s) back, which allowed search for vending, making the auction house feature useless in general.

Edited by Ryuuzaki

is this already fixed yet? coz im having a problem with auction in hercules. maybe its not yet fix xD

The Auction System got Removed from the Clients , this is why you getting Trouble , because its Broken 

Auction is really successful on most other MMORPG's. Not RO. You can't really customise gear all too much. There's really no point to it except to auction off misc bits you've found off of monsters.

Really wish they didn't disable it from the client though. :(

Auction is really successful on most other MMORPG's. Not RO. You can't really customise gear all too much. There's really no point to it except to auction off misc bits you've found off of monsters.

Really wish they didn't disable it from the client though. :(

Sad to say… but I actually enjoyed Auction… then again, it was RARELY used. I liked the concept and I had the chance to auction a few things… but afterwards… it went downhill ;(