Beret

Encrypt grf

Question

14 answers to this question

As the tools are not the youngest, i would recommend to setup a vm with windows 7 or xp and install the tools there. with a shared folder you can easily grab the files then and work with them under windows 8

another solution is to grab the source code of GRF Editor 1.3.1 and make it compatible to windows 8

Greetings

Tepoo

Tepoo i dont think that source has the encryption system added (i only saw some empty files related to encryption) . i believe Tokei added it later at around 1.3.4 or so.

I apologise if this is naive of me to say, but couldn't you just open GRF Editor's properties and have it run in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7? I haven't tried this myself but it would make sense.

The GRF Editor is broken does not work with clients 2013 +

lol?

im using GRF editor on 2013 Clients even on 12-23

works normally in 2012 clients. more on client 2013 does not work, at least here does not work.

I apologise if this is naive of me to say, but couldn't you just open GRF Editor's properties and have it run in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7? I haven't tried this myself but it would make sense.

I tried this, it works normally until client 2012.

I use client 2013. Works perfectly...btw,if you use windows 8, better you use GRF Editor

It worked with 20120410 but won't work with 20131223 client.

How did you make it work with 2013 client?

Was I the only one, back in the past, who simply modify the DES encryption table used in the executable ? Easy, no files to add, no extra work by the client.

Easily bypass if you know where to search, but it was better than molebox at the time and no one though about looking at the DES encryption.

I use client 2013. Works perfectly...btw,if you use windows 8, better you use GRF Editor

It worked with 20120410 but won't work with 20131223 client.

How did you make it work with 2013 client?

I use 20130807. Just use as usual. It works.

Was I the only one, back in the past, who simply modify the DES encryption table used in the executable ? Easy, no files to add, no extra work by the client.

Easily bypass if you know where to search, but it was better than molebox at the time and no one though about looking at the DES encryption.

maybe people only saw the bold part :D