Ferdal

World Map - Concept/As Is (A few screenshots involved)

Years ago while working on a low rate server we were trying to find a medium of warper travel and traveling on foot. I had come up with a plan to make a World Map much like the older JRPGs, where the world would shrink in scale vs the user for quicker travel between locations. Well, the server closed up due to low pop and I never finished the first map as it was a hassle for no server to live on, almost like building a ship in a bottle without a proper shelf to display it on.

So, I figured I'd see if anyone would want the files to work on. I still think its a really great idea for an alternative to warping between locations, and if scripted right for random events I think users would find it fun and interactive. I don't know if this is the proper place, but I'll post a couple screens to see if anyone is interested. If this isn't the correct subforum for this I apologize and you may move it. Its very crude, an like I said, old, so some towns may have changed. I think Izlude changed again from what I heard? I'm not sure. I might work on it again at some point, but I'd figure I'd see if anyone else would like to finish it up for their own server.

So without further adieu -

The work as it was done in progress

bRNl3Jp.jpg

To Scale- left is worldmap. right is a zone north of geffen, forget which one exactly. Both with sprite placed.

Vo3fE.jpg

D6E65.jpg

yYDJT.jpg

Lht04.jpg

Qf6Zw.jpg

Its only the Prontera Rune Kingdom part of the world, Schwartzwald was going to be next. Like I said, I'll upload what I have if people are interested in it.

Edited by Ferdal

Thanks. Yeah haha it took a while just to get that far. Every placement of a model or texture is just so exact at that scale it, just drives you to want a drink.

Uhh maybe... Could u share your rsw, gnd and gat files?... Anyway this is too small since the max map size is 225x ... It will look reaaaally small in-game... but I would like to give a try ^^

@edit

Forgot to say, Good Work dude :D

Edited by Angelisk

The first time i skimmed your opening post i actually misread.

I get it now, and i just wanted to say I think what you're trying to achieve is really cool.

It seems really laborious @@; good luck if you decide to continue!