leloush

[Question]

Question

Good day, hercs.

just want to know what are the things i need for updating my plugins

coz there's alot of good stuff in plugin section but i failed to apply them...

i will show my outdated plugins folder/files

sry this is my first time messing with the plugins.

post-2604-0-08887600-1394438019_thumb.png

post-2604-0-64882800-1394438021_thumb.png

post-2604-0-96829400-1394438022_thumb.png

Edited by leloush

14 answers to this question

in other words.. even if its pre-compiled plugins i need to do this? http://herc.ws/wiki/Building_HPM_Plugin_for_MSVC ??

precompiled plugin is usually in form of .dll or .so, you have to put that in plugins/ folder and edit only plugins.conf, and nothing else.

but precompiled plugins may not work if hpm is updated, or you are using old version, but plugin is compiled with latest version, it may cause random crash(if it gets loaded).

Good day, hercs.

just want to know what are the things i need for updating my plugins

coz there's alot of good stuff in plugin section but i failed to apply them...

i will show my outdated plugins folder/files

sry this is my first time messing with the plugins.

Can you Elaborate, what you mean by " but i failed to apply them..."

IF a Plugin Use HPMHooks, Compile your HPMHook Plugin and uncomment "HPMHooking" line.

You have to add new line with the name of the file at plugins.conf

Like if you have plugin named "HelloWorld.dll" then you will have to add 

"HelloWorld",

Below "HPMHooking" Lines.

Compiling Plugin in linux is too easy, just type "make plugins" after you put your plugin file in src/plugins/

For compiling Plugin in Windows, Check http://herc.ws/wiki/Building_HPM_Plugin_for_MSVC

For more info on compiling on Linux, Check http://herc.ws/wiki/Building_HPM_Plugin_for_gcc

That's more than enough to know how to install a plugin.

yes i did uncomment this HPMHooking line

then i add the line which will be the plugins. like "autoattack" for example

but when i try to load the server it throws an error someting like

conf/plugins.conf:39 - syntax error

in that error i just uncomment the "HPMHooking"

and im using windows / msvc

Edited by leloush

For enabling autoattack

//====================================================//=       _   _                     _           //=      | | | |                   | |          //=      | |_| | ___ _ __ ___ _   _| | ___  ___ //=      |  _  |/ _  '__/ __| | | | |/ _ / __|//=      | | | |  __/ | | (__| |_| | |  __/__ //=      _| |_/___|_|  ___|__,_|_|___||___///=                                                  //=            http://herc.ws/board/                        //====================================================//== Topic Discussion ================================//== http://herc.ws/board/topic/549-introducing-hercules-plugin-manager///====================================================//== Description =====================================//The plugin system allows you to create customized scripts //outside of the source. These scripts won't conflict with any //future source updates - think of it as a /conf/import/ for the source. //====================================================/* --------------- Format ---------------After you have listed your  plugin(s) in "quotations", you need to put in a comma, to separate the plugins.-----------------------------------------plugins_list: [	"example",	"other",]-----------------------------------------Please note that your scripts need to be savedin the .c (source code) extension and placed in the /src/plugin/ folder.-----------------------------------------*/plugins_list: [	/* Enable HPMHooking when plugins in use rely on Hooking */	"HPMHooking",	"autoattack",	//"db2sql",	//"sample",	//"other",]

This would be plugins.conf, (P.S: File name should be autoattack.dll in order for this to work)

For enabling autoattack

//====================================================//=       _   _                     _           //=      | | | |                   | |          //=      | |_| | ___ _ __ ___ _   _| | ___  ___ //=      |  _  |/ _  '__/ __| | | | |/ _ / __|//=      | | | |  __/ | | (__| |_| | |  __/__ //=      _| |_/___|_|  ___|__,_|_|___||___///=                                                  //=            http://herc.ws/board/                        //====================================================//== Topic Discussion ================================//== http://herc.ws/board/topic/549-introducing-hercules-plugin-manager///====================================================//== Description =====================================//The plugin system allows you to create customized scripts //outside of the source. These scripts won't conflict with any //future source updates - think of it as a /conf/import/ for the source. //====================================================/* --------------- Format ---------------After you have listed your  plugin(s) in "quotations", you need to put in a comma, to separate the plugins.-----------------------------------------plugins_list: [	"example",	"other",]-----------------------------------------Please note that your scripts need to be savedin the .c (source code) extension and placed in the /src/plugin/ folder.-----------------------------------------*/plugins_list: [	/* Enable HPMHooking when plugins in use rely on Hooking */	"HPMHooking",	"autoattack",	//"db2sql",	//"sample",	//"other",]

This would be plugins.conf, (P.S: File name should be autoattack.dll in order for this to work)

yes i did.. and i follow carefully the guide in "how to work with HPMetcetc"

also the filename is autoattack.dll also..

i used mhalicot's autoattack plugins.. for testing but i got some errors.. in compiling and enabling in plugins.conf

Shouldn't You Post Error instead of only saying I got some errors in compiling and enabling?

Shouldn't You Post Error instead of only saying I got some errors in compiling and enabling?

>.< i just wondering.. coz i just saw a topic that the plugins/pre-compiled plugins is requiring that the plugins folder is up to date.. so i post this instead of my error..

ok then ill do it again 1 more time.. then ill upload some screeny to show what's happening.. ill update my post in a bit.

@edit btw sir dast.

is pre-compiled plugins really need to follow the steps here? coz like what sir mhalicot said "it is compiled already so no need"..

http://herc.ws/wiki/Building_HPM_Plugin_for_MSVC

@edit

here it is

post-2604-0-28248600-1394464834_thumb.png

Edited by leloush

ah sry i forgot to tell the version im using... im on 12535 such a late late version.. i just loved to use this because it doesnt give me a problem.. just this plugins 

@ontopic

ill try 

@edit

ok i got it now "just by removing the comma in the line where "autoattack" is enabled it reads the attack.dll but what happen next is this

post-2604-0-79730400-1394467101_thumb.png

post-2604-0-95553500-1394467104_thumb.png

Edited by leloush

You haven't compiled the plugins, for windows .dll File is placed inside "plugins/" not "src/plugins"(.c file is placed insde src/plugins),Compile your plugin , then try to run. 

in other words.. even if its pre-compiled plugins i need to do this? http://herc.ws/wiki/Building_HPM_Plugin_for_MSVC ??

precompiled plugin is usually in form of .dll or .so, you have to put that in plugins/ folder and edit only plugins.conf, and nothing else.

but precompiled plugins may not work if hpm is updated, or you are using old version, but plugin is compiled with latest version, it may cause random crash(if it gets loaded).

thanks for the info sir dast... 

well in my case im using 12535 and sure this is old version.. so to apply this plugins imma delete all the files except the autoattack.c which is need to perform in installing/making a plugins... and to be sure also that there is no problem "random crash" would happen..

the best way is to use the .c source file and compile the plugin so you could also check if the plugin was compiled correctly with no errors for your svn revision