Sign in to follow this  
Leehalt

Custom Weapon

Question

- Okay so hi guys, I'm new to Hercules.

Anyways, Section 1: Data

• weapontable.lua

WEAPONTYPE_Wizardy_Staff = 97,  WEAPONTYPE_Caladbolg = 98

[Weapon_IDs.WEAPONTYPE_Staff_Of_Soul] = "_1472",  [Weapon_IDs.WEAPONTYPE_Wizardy_Staff] = "_1473",  [Weapon_IDs.WEAPONTYPE_Caladbolg] = "_Caladbolg"

[Weapon_IDs.WEAPONTYPE_Staff_Of_Soul] = Weapon_IDs.WPCLASS_TWOHANDROD,  [Weapon_IDs.WEAPONTYPE_Wizardy_Staff] = Weapon_IDs.WPCLASS_TWOHANDROD,  [Weapon_IDs.WEAPONTYPE_Caladbolg] = Weapon_IDs.WEAPONTYPE_SWORD

[Weapon_IDs.WEAPONTYPE_SHORTSWORD_AXE] = "_hit_mace.wav",  [Weapon_IDs.WEAPONTYPE_SWORD_AXE] = "_hit_mace.wav",  [Weapon_IDs.WEAPONTYPE_Caladbolg] = "_hit_sword.wav"

• iteminfo.lub

[27038] = {		unidentifiedDisplayName = "Caladbolg",		unidentifiedResourceName = "Caladbolg",		unidentifiedDescriptionName = {			"Unidentified item, can be identified with [Magnifier].",		},		identifiedDisplayName = "Caladbolg",		identifiedResourceName = "Caladbolg",		identifiedDescriptionName = {			"Demon Sword Caladbolg. Extremely powerful but hard to handle.",			"Class :^777777 Sword^000000",			"Required Level :^777777 1^000000",			"Applicable Job :^777777 Swordsmen^000000",		},		slotCount = 4,		ClassNum = 98	},

• Item.db

{	Id: 27038	AegisName: "Caladbolg"	Name: "Caladbolg"	Type: 4	Buy: 1999999	Sell: 20	Weight: 10	Atk: 400	Range: 1	Slots: 4	Upper: 15	Loc: 002	WeaponLv: 4	EquipLv: 1	View: 1	Script: <"	">	OnEquipScript: <"	">},

Section 2: Problems

• Once weapon is equipped, attack speed drops to 50 aspd. Note that weaponless, you start at 160. This doesn't happen with other weapons. Note: Tested with all classes.
  • Weapon can't be dual wielded. 

Would be much appreciated if anyone could explain custom weapons to me. Currently, if I wanted them to be useful, they have to be coded as an accessory and completely omitted from the weapon lub. But my perfectionist blood prevents me from doing that. I end up wanting to do it properly, they are otherwise not implemented.

Anyways, If anyone could shed some light into this. Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

- Just wanted to know if anyone has successfully implemented a custom weapon without having the problems that I am encountering. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Nah, I don't like any of the renewal settings, I just needed the updated DBs and such so I have RE enabled, but everything else is commented, I double checked.

I also tried this on different settings, like enabling the renewal ASPD, disabling it, having the var cast on etc. And yes I re-compile my kit.

Maybe it has something to do with item ID?