Felipe Brasil

Let's talk about, "eAmod"...

So here's the rules:

1. Discussion and rage are different things...

2. Be sincere

3. Post you real opnion

Well, I started to make my own server few days ago, and after some problems I changed my emulator to Hercules, before it was brAthena. But, after some research I found something called "eAmod", which seems to be a paid emulator or a package of changes in eAthena. Here in Brazil, the "good" server use that kind of emulator/changes, and I was looking for to buy it. I want your real opnion to know if it is good, because  I want to make a real good server and it seems to me that is a really good investiment. So, what you think??

if you like bugged and outdated things go for it! (the only good thing about it is the bg) but that is my opinion :)

+1 for it, I would say the same as evilpuncker..

P,S: if we have many eAmod haters, this topic will be full of rubbish things..

This was previously a PM he sent to me, and I encouraged him to make a topic out of it.

I'll also share the insights I gave him via PM (Felipe Brasil, please certify I didn't edit a single letter from it), along with a couple of side notes:

Even if we still don't have any notice of Zephyrus_cr finishing the conversion of his modification to Hercules (which he said here), my honest, personal opinion is that I wouldn't buy it even if it was ready for Hercules unless you want to throw him $150.

Dastgir is started converting the battleground system to be used for free on Hercules emulators and his scripts are usually quite good, I'd prefer to wait him for the releases.

However, that is just a personal opinion, I never approved that profit-thirstyness Zephyrus has to even reach to distribute his patch under an illegal license.

You should make your own opinion and consider yourself if using eAmod pays off or not.

P.S.: Don't hesitate to post this as a topic, maybe you could get a good discussion on the forums if you did, but in that case please post something to avoid generating drama.

Side note:

There are a couple of systems I'd be willing to have, but overall product, its support and price are no way an appeal for me. Anyways that is not an option for the no-donation oriented servers I've had (only one as main admin, some others as co-admin without being owner).

None of my servers were meant to be profitable and I'm proud none of them ever were (with not even a single surplus month, which I'm also proud of). Only donating people were these who actually trusted me and wanted to help me cover ONLY the monthly expenses, not those that wanted any donation items. In fact, they weren't given any exclusive privilege. You can hear me rant about that on my blog entry.

This allows me to say your server can be successful without that hotchpotch of features (of which you'll use only a couple) provided you can be creative and keep an income of features to your server.

However, while it is known I'm not a fan of eAmod, this topic is to have a polite, civil and appropriate discussion about this 3rd party paid modification. I won't allow any attacks or drama to be held on (I especially mean this for these people that make me think they're permanently angry when reading them) this topic, or I will start handing down warnings (and other proper punishments when needed) no matter who did it (be it a member of Hercules, someone defending eAmod or the Pope of Rome himself) or it'll get closed and removed if gets out of control.

good server or not.... isnt depend on you're using eamod or not ...

tons of server out there arent using eamod...but still a good server ==''

it depend on how you manage/handle your server all the times...

what kind of emulator you use...doesnt really matter.

This was previously a PM he sent to me, and I encouraged him to make a topic out of it.

I'll also share the insights I gave him via PM (Felipe Brasil, please certify I didn't edit a single letter from it), along with a couple of side notes:

Even if we still don't have any notice of Zephyrus_cr finishing the conversion of his modification to Hercules (which he said here), my honest, personal opinion is that I wouldn't buy it even if it was ready for Hercules unless you want to throw him $150.

Dastgir Pojee is started converting the battleground system to be used for free on Hercules emulators and his scripts are usually quite good, I'd prefer to wait him for the releases.

However, that is just a personal opinion, I never approved that profit-thirstyness Zephyrus has to even reach to distribute his patch under an illegal license.

You should make your own opinion and consider yourself if using eAmod pays off or not.

P.S.: Don't hesitate to post this as a topic, maybe you could get a good discussion on the forums if you did, but in that case please post something to avoid generating drama.

Side note:
There are a couple of systems I'd be willing to have, but overall product, its support and price are no way an appeal for me. Anyways that is not an option for the no-donation oriented servers I've had (only one as main admin, some others as co-admin without being owner).

None of my servers were meant to be profitable and I'm proud none of them ever were (with not even a single surplus month, which I'm also proud of). Only donating people were these who actually trusted me and wanted to help me cover ONLY the monthly expenses, not those that wanted any donation items. In fact, they weren't given any exclusive privilege. You can hear me rant about that on my blog entry.

This allows me to say your server can be successful without that hotchpotch of features (of which you'll use only a couple) provided you can be creative and keep an income of features to your server.

However, while it is known I'm not a fan of eAmod, this topic is to have a polite, civil and appropriate discussion about this 3rd party paid modification. I won't allow any attacks or drama to be held on (I especially mean this for these people that make me think they're permanently angry when reading them) this topic, or I will start handing down warnings (and other proper punishments when needed) no matter who did it (be it a member of Hercules, someone defending eAmod or the Pope of Rome himself) or it'll get closed and removed if gets out of control.

Didn't change anything mate!

Well, as I said, i know it depends, but i have one more doubt, if it is a pack of modifications, why don't we, when i say we i mean we communite, make our own pack of changes? *suggestion

Its easy to use.

Any person can make server using it

other emulators out are also easy to use. its having same configuration as in eA/rA/Hercules.

(eAmod is a fork of eAthena)

As long as it's pre-renewal, It should be decent, other then that;

I don't recommend it!

The support is shitty, and you can low ball eAmod and still be sold a license for under $100, because they're desperate. Lol

If eAmod is about pack of mods, then what you are getting is yet another eAmod server. If you want your server to be unique, my guess is that you would have to modify the source code anyways.

Does eAmod even give you full source code after chip in $150?

How about create a list of features you want with priority.

Those features that exists in eAmod but not in Hercules, see if it worth $150.

And... you can always migrate later right?

Waste of money... trust me. eventually u will switch to hercules, so why waste $150? besides, u will get tried fixing bugs but there will b never ending list of bugs. besides even if u try to hire sm dev, no 1 will work on eamod. we all are waiting for eamod BG to be added in hercules.