Sign in to follow this  
GmOcean

Instance System

I suggest we update the instance system, to the one that rAthena currently has. It is by far simpiler and easier to use. Also by using the instance system they use, we don't need to make new maps if we wanted to make an instance out of existing ones. Such as prontera for one. It would create the instance on it's own allowing us to do what we want with it. Using a fake mapname.

im sorry, i have to disagree,

for me personaly the instancing system of hercules is more improved then the one from rathena.

there should be some updates yes, but rathena is way behind us, why should we check something which is 2002 when we are 2008 ^^

anyway ...for the instance with current existing map ...

it's available in hercules too ...

Example:	instance_attachmap("prontera", .@instance_id,1,"via");^ the above creates a instance (or clone) of prontera, on a map called "via" 

the current existing instance system is way better for customization.

I been supporting scripting question on both forums so I can compare

rathena instance system is indeed easier to write

both also can create new maps ...

rathena is easier to do this ... they have instance_db.txt to make everything simple

but hercules one can attach the map to the guild ... which allows for new ideas

IOT_GUILD

allows for whole new ideas ... like guild dungeon, guild castle ... etc etc

for this, rathena can't even do this, because they default to party based, forcing the player to form a party

2nd thing about rathena is they removed the instace_set_timeout

which is kinda an outrages move

it should be configure in npc scripting so I can make a map for the time limit to be rent dynamically

eg : rathena time limit is configured at instance_db.txt,

where as hercules can use instance_set_timeout script command to change the time to the *input script command

@.@ I log on today to consider switching to hercules, and this 1 line sold it to me:

but hercules one can attach the map to the guild ... which allows for new ideas

Time, to reconfigure a few scripts. Hopefully, src code edits won't be ' too ' bad.

yes, official hercules instance script doesn't change much

prontera,155,180,0	script	Party Room	123,{	if ( has_instance2( "1@cata" ) >= 0 ) {		warp has_instance( "1@cata" ), 0,0;		end;	}	mes "renting a room for party";	next;	if ( ( .@ins = instance_create( "Rent a Room", getcharid(1) ) ) < 0 ) {		mes "error : "+ .@ins;		close;	}	if ( instance_attachmap( "1@cata", .@ins ) == "" ) {		mes "error : 5";		instance_destroy .@ins;		close;	}	instance_set_timeout 30, 0, .@ins;	instance_init .@ins;	instance_attach .@ins;	warp has_instance( "1@cata" ), 0,0;	end;}
I'm sure you'll feel familiar with the old system

but look at this ... instance guild room ... yummy ~

prontera,158,180,0	script	Guild Room	123,{	if ( has_instance2( "guild_vs2" ) >= 0 ) {		warp has_instance( "guild_vs2" ), 0,0;		end;	}	mes "renting a room for guild";	next;	if ( ( .@ins = instance_create( "Rent a Room", getcharid(2), IOT_GUILD ) ) < 0 ) {		mes "error : "+ .@ins;		close;	}	if ( instance_attachmap( "guild_vs2", .@ins, 1, getcharid(2)+"room" ) == "" ) {		mes "error : 5";		instance_destroy .@ins;		close;	}	instance_set_timeout 30, 0, .@ins;	instance_init .@ins;	instance_attach .@ins;	warp has_instance( "guild_vs2" ), 0,0;	end;}

Hopefully, src code edits won't be ' too ' bad.

unfortunately, many src edit from rathena are not compatible with hercules

if you can read the source code, hercules source code parse faster than rathena

example like

rathena : clif_message

hercules : clif->message

so all your source edit has to be rewritten

fortunately, we have plugin system ...

http://herc.ws/board/topic/549-

so you just need to code it once, and can forget about it

Edited by AnnieRuru

D: there's not enough mops to clean the drool coming from my mouth atm. Definitely going to have to take a look at it when I get home from work.