Olrox

Browedit 2.0 - a new revision by Borf

brow20_png.png

Revision 279 added. (2014-08-28_browedit_20_rev-279.rar)

Full BrowEdit 2.0 SVN Log: http://svnlog.borf.info/browedit.log

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uy06b3ds5r80gcb/AAAUNcW0YltlirAdan00EZvPa

Edit: config.borf.json with your current RO directories. Input with your keyboard your config name once you open browedit.exe and asks for it. Your graphic card must support OpenGL 2.0+~ to run this software.

Whats new:

[*]Major Update: Mirror or Simmetry at object edit mode: allows to mirror complete maps at the RSW file. Useful for simmetry maps. Experimental for now. (press M to simmetry)

[*]Major Update: Bug reporting: Extension, once you have a crash, a crashlog can be send to borf by mail.

[*]Major Update: Height edit mode: Initial work at this mode. Left click to select an amount of tiles, right click and drag to add height or decrease it. Look for the radial menu (spacebar) to find the "height edit tools option" and disable the smoothness at heights.

[*]General bugs fixed and clean ups. :P

Introduction:

We all know how great and useful is browedit these days, that it has become the unique choice at Ragnarok Mapping. We will always be thankful to @Borf, who has created this tool years ago, and now, since the past year, he has been working with a new version of it.

This project replaces the old one [link] that was the previous and Old Java version of Browedit 2.0 *which is no longer used*. This thread will have regular updates about the project. Any kind of feedbacks and suggestions are always welcome.

Video:

(Video pretty says all of how browedit has improved greatly)

Screenshots:

RBY23UQ.png

MvLFHEh.png

AaiMbc1.jpg

fthq377.jpg

r8akJwS.jpg

y64dPND.jpg

Features already working:

[*]Faster and more efficient, even at complex camera distances.

[*]Real-Time Rendering of Changes Made

[*]Multi Core support (before, past browedits were only for 1 core)

[*]RSM Animation

[*]Texture Edit mode *partially*

[*]Texture window list (which is optimized and loads fast)

[*]Object Edit Mode *partially* (which now, replaces object group edit mode of past brows)

[*]Rotate, Position, Resizing and multi selection are supported.

[*]Sounds

[*]Effects

Some TODO:

[*]Water rendering

[*]Add Undo Structure (probably Redo aswell)

[*]Config Window

[*]Start Working on More Edit Modes.

[*]Saving.

[*]Add Skybox (a fancy feature that will add sky to maps. Probably it can be linked to fogparametertable.txt)

Possible New Features:

[*]New Lightmaps

[*]Proper Lightmap calculations across models

[*]3D RSM Models editor inside Browedit probably with animation support (/me hopes)

[*]Multi-User Share Mapping (multiple mappers could work on a same map in real time)

We have to be thankful with @Borf that has been working on this project for a long time. If you have programming skills, you can be part of this project, please  don't hesitate to contact me by PM. Please support the project by giving us feedback and nice or useful ideas that would make browedit 2.0 improve. Also, please avoid to report constantly bugs or glitches, one time is enough. Keep in mind this is under progress and not a release version. 

Motivation is always welcome. Share this project and show us your support to make it possible.

Edited by Olrox

At the config, if by a reason you are inverting the slash "" with "/" then, you'll have a crash.

Alternatively, if your windows username has a weird character, you'll have an error (like chinese, or spanish accent, something like that). You'd have then, to change your username at the control panel in windows.

At the config, if by a reason you are inverting the slash "" with "/" then, you'll have a crash.

Alternatively, if your windows username has a weird character, you'll have an error (like chinese, or spanish accent, something like that). You'd have then, to change your username at the control panel in windows.

{    "resolution" : [ 1920, 1080 ],    "data" :    {        "ropath" : "C:/# 17 Mei 2014/Ragnarok Online/Server/# 28 Mei 2014/LegendaryRO/Client",        "grfs" :        [            "C:/# 17 Mei 2014/Ragnarok Online/Server/# 28 Mei 2014/Client/ro.grf",            "C:/# 17 Mei 2014/Ragnarok Online/Server/# 28 Mei 2014//Client/mro.grf"            "C:/# 17 Mei 2014/Ragnarok Online/Server/# 28 Mei 2014/Client/data.grf",            "C:/# 17 Mei 2014/Ragnarok Online/Server/# 28 Mei 2014/Client/rdata.grf"        ]    },    "moveconsole" : true,    "defaultmap" : "caspen"} 

xeNium I guess "#" counts as weird character... in my case "!" counted.

@edit

Also the "change username at control panel" mentioned was cause my username had a strange character ( í ), so it's for exclusive cases only...

Edited by Angelisk

xeNium I guess "#" counts as weird character... in my case "!" counted.

@edit

Also the "change username at control panel" mentioned was cause my username had a strange character ( í ), so it's for exclusive cases only...

My username at control panel also, xeNium

I also have tested it too on my 2nd computer (I have laptops and unused computer) and I put it on the desktop

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770m, support 4.4 OpenGL, ah I think somehow it require something that both of my computer and laptops don't have, do you got other BrowEdit version?

Edited by xeNium

"C:/# 17 Mei 2014/Ragnarok Online/Server/# 28 Mei 2014/Client/ro.grf"

the path should not countain "#" ... Here I even took out the spaces. Look:

{	"resolution" : [ 1680, 1050 ],	"data" :	{		"ropath" : "C:/Users/Patricia/data",		"grfs" :		[			"C:/Users/Patricia/data.grf"		]	},	"moveconsole" : true,	 "defaultmap" : "prontera"}

You know, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if at this point Gravity is using BROW Editor to make official maps.

You know, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if at this point Gravity is using BROW Editor to make official maps.

I think so. Mostly because I've the feeling that their official editor is not that user friendly. However, seems they have quite a lot of tools.

P.S. Borf did new revisions, soon I'll update the thread.

I think so. Mostly because I've the feeling that their official editor is not that user friendly. However, seems they have quite a lot of tools.

Leak:

aldebaran.jpg

lutie.jpg

prontera.jpg

Gravity will not use others tools, they are attached to their own outdated ones. (note: It's not the case of official servers).

Awesome work, would be great to have a linux build (since I saw some fix for linux in the commits log).

Edited by KeyWorld

Leak:

aldebaran.jpg

lutie.jpg

prontera.jpg

Gravity will not use others tools, they are attached to their own outdated ones. (note: It's not the case of official servers).

Awesome work, would be great to have a linux build (since I saw some fix for linux in the commits log).

Hey thats a nice leak. Once upon a time I saw a SS, but wow this is the first time I see a lot. Oh btw yes there is a linux build already.

Also, borf one day told me that he would be glad to work with someone that is used to the rsw, rsm and that kind of gravity's formats. In case you are interested just let me know, you could have access to the code.

LOL Gravity map editor doesn't fully support water, Hahha, but WOW it have many tools.

Edited by Angelisk

Hey thats a nice leak. Once upon a time I saw a SS, but wow this is the first time I see a lot. Oh btw yes there is a linux build already.

Also, borf one day told me that he would be glad to work with someone that is used to the rsw, rsm and that kind of gravity's formats. In case you are interested just let me know, you could have access to the code.

I already post some SS some months ago on IRC, so it's maybe where you saw some of them :P

Not sure if I have much time to really help Borf, but he can always contact me on gtalk (hu Hangouts now) if he wants to talk or grab RO informations :P

LOL Gravity map editor doesn't fully support water, Hahha, but WOW it have many tools.

In fact it does support water better than Browedit does. The wave pitch and intensity is the more interesting part of the water in my opinion. Too bad, nobody has the correct formula to manage water... Edited by KeyWorld

"C:/# 17 Mei 2014/Ragnarok Online/Server/# 28 Mei 2014/Client/ro.grf"

the path should not countain "#" ... Here I even took out the spaces. Look:

{	"resolution" : [ 1680, 1050 ],	"data" :	{		"ropath" : "C:/Users/Patricia/data",		"grfs" :		[			"C:/Users/Patricia/data.grf"		]	},	"moveconsole" : true,	 "defaultmap" : "prontera"}

Done, now it does not crash, just black screen O:

{

"data" :

{

"ropath" : "c:/games/gravity/ro",

"grfs" :

[

"c:/games/gravity/ro/data.grf",

"c:/games/gravity/ro/rdata.grf"

]

},

"defaultmap" : "prontera",

"threadedrendering" : true,

"backgroundworkers" : true

}

Edit: It works with default .grf but does not work with custom .grf from my servers, hiks!
Edited by xeNium

lol what happened to your resolution line? it gone? :P

and why this line? "    "backgroundworkers" : true"

Edited by Angelisk

Well, time to buy a new laptop. :'(

My ASUS laptop doesn't have a graphics card.. It's an Intel onboard graphics driver thing. I "updated" my graphics driver, and I guess the furthest it goes is OpenGL 2.1 /fml

Happy to see such wonderful improvements!

My ASUS laptop doesn't have a graphics card.. It's an Intel onboard graphics driver thing. I "updated" my graphics driver, and I guess the furthest it goes is OpenGL 2.1 /fml

Hi, maybe you can test anyways! that requirement of open gl 4.+ is outdated. Recently browedit 2.0 uses very few rendering tools from open gl, and most of them are available since ver 1.3+ if I'm right.

Mostly everything is running by using borfs own graphics engine (blib), that he has developed upon the years (with of course, the uses of more than Ragnarok Online)

"unable to find configuration file, please type the configuration filename"

the following didn't work:

- config.default

- config.default.json

- configs/config.default

- configs/config.default.json

- config

what it is

Revision 241 added.

Development highlights:

[*]Model windows rendering done and working (partially, gives a crash at some models)

[*]Model windows placement at the map works

[*]Background to all the map editor (only gradient for now)

[*]New Blib version (a rendered by borf)

[*]Added readme (please read to check key shortcuts)

[*]Glitch at the scrolling window in texture edit mode is fixed

[*]Model properties window is working (although from previous releases, I forgot to mention it before)

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uy06b3ds5r80gcb/AAAUNcW0YltlirAdan00EZvPa

All development credits to Borf.

Hi, maybe you can test anyways! that requirement of open gl 4.+ is outdated. Recently browedit 2.0 uses very few rendering tools from open gl, and most of them are available since ver 1.3+ if I'm right.

Mostly everything is running by using borfs own graphics engine (blib), that he has developed upon the years (with of course, the uses of more than Ragnarok Online)

Sadly, doesn't seem to want to work. :( Something about shader, precision, not sure.

borfnope.png

Hi there fellow mappers,

after years of being out of business from Ragnarok, i'll start again and find this precious revision. Amazing work.

No lag anymore. More cores for rendering. Great work!!

Ive been working for years with the old 586 and 620 browedits, before i stopped playing ragnarok and i didnt think there will be an update. But look at this. Neat!

Cant wait for the new releases.

Borf, if you read this - keep up the good work! You're doing awesome work for the people out there.

Ingma