Sign in to follow this  
nyxfatalis

Holy Light Edit

Question

1 answer to this question

Hi.

For the element, this is rather a /db/{re or pre-re}/skill_db.txt issue (just change the one your server uses). Check the heading of the file:

//id,range,hit,inf,element,nk,splash,max,list_num,castcancel,cast_defence_rate,inf2,maxcount,skill_type,blow_count,name,description// 01 ID// 02 range (combo skills do not check for range when used,// if range is < 5, the skill is considered melee-range)// 03 hit (8- repeated hitting, 6- single-hit)// 04 inf (0- passive, 1- enemy, 2- place, 4- self, 16- friend, 32- trap)// 05 element (0 - neutral, 1 - water, 2 - earth, 3 - fire, 4 - wind, 5 - poison,// 6 - holy, 7 - dark, 8 - ghost, 9 - undead, -1 - use weapon element// -2 - use endowed element, -3 - use random element.)// 06 nk (skill damage properties):// [...]

As you can see, you can just use -3 for the Holy Light skill element. Go to line 202 and change this:

156,9,6,1,6,0,0,1,1,yes,0,0x1,0,magic,0,		AL_HOLYLIGHT,Holy Light

for this:

156,9,6,1,-3,0,0,1,1,yes,0,0x1,0,magic,0,		AL_HOLYLIGHT,Holy Light

For the MATK change it's a bit trickier for me since I'm not good at source, but I've taken the time to investigate and I'm almost sure you'll have to go to /src/map/battle.c and find line 3779 (some tabulation spaces removed to improve readability):

case AL_HOLYLIGHT:	skillratio += 25;	if (sd && sd->sc.data[SC_SPIRIT] && sd->sc.data[SC_SPIRIT]->val2 == SL_PRIEST)		skillratio *= 5; //Does 5x damage include bonuses from other skills?	break;

That skillratio += 25 makes the damage to be 125% MATK (default 100% + 25%), so you'll have to change that line. You can either choose to substract 75% (so 25% remains) or to divide it by 4 (100 / 4 = 25). I've decided to divide it by 4. That line should remain like this:

skillratio /= 4; // LINE MODIFIED, Holy Light does now 25% MATK damage

And there you go. Hope I helped though I'm not sure on the source code part.