Doch

Yourolist - new RO list/database/tools webpage, soon :]

yro_zps786cc5ed.png

Hi to all! well, time to show the project I have been working on for almost a year in my free times. But first, a bit of fast history:

I played ragnarok for 2 - 3 years in some servers like ValhallaRO and others, then i left it due to the resets and that stuff, I had a knowledge of the game that was useless now because I'm not pretending to play anymore, so I started at programming by myself like 5 years ago, (2 of them at university), so I decided to make the website just for see what I could do, and also improve my programming skills and use that knowledge.

Done:

Yourolist pretends to be a tool, more than a RO list or a database website, it is more oriented to server owners than for players. It doesn't mean that players won't have anything to do in the website, for now I've made few things like: 

• Pre-Renewal / Renewal mob, item, map ,skills database with the drops % editables as you need
  • Advanced Item / mob search
  • World map, with the option of filter by episodes
  • Job equip, Monster mode bitmask generator
  • Item DB structure to SQL (I'll add more soon)
  • LUA <-> LUB converter online (soon)
  • Ragnarok list system
  • Some new advertisements ways like banner, countdowns and others (sry but vps cost money) but relax there will be points free in social websites (faceebook,twitter) and discounts)
  • Graphics with monthly votes, banners etc

And then in my TO-DO list i have some others things i think people will like a lot fully oriented to server owners, that will be posted here when they get a good grade of development, in my point of view they will be very useful, but before making more things I want to hear opinions, feedbacks or maybe criticize (but constructively please  :rolleyes: )

Links:

Facebook page: Link

Twitter page: Link

Website (preview): www.yourolist.com

Here goes some website images:

Uni9hUpN.png

1lddjPVo.png

OEEdGGga.png

-ffKf8NI.png

UbE4O6sm.png

7k_P52_Z.png

6FEN4NVI.png

9SujcZeC.png

xT-H0HgV.png

Thanks for reading, and sorry for my english.  :sry:

PS: The servers that are in the preview website are just examples, and the banners owns to their resective server/creators, and the info shown inside isn't real and haven't any connection to the servers.

Edited by Doch

I hope to see your site's continued development and progress! It is always a joy whenever I see websites that aim to be alternatives to RMS.

Update:

• Beta version of YRO Server Controller 1.0.0 (Optional Usage)
    • ​Open servers
    • Close Servers
    • Server status

[*]Fixed some images [*]Fixed some small website bugs [*]Started responsive nav header

In further updates, i'll add optional features to see statistics about your server, such as graphics about players online every hour at day, every day at week or every month at year.

Probably you will be worried about the lag that this could cause in your server, but you don't have to be worried because the data sent is very light and just will be updated when you visit the statistics.

Some Images:

6FEN4NVI.png

9SujcZeC.png

xT-H0HgV.png

Sounds currently like you're only targeting Windows users. ugh :|

Also even with you saying that it's only "very light" data usage I wouldn't want to ever give such access to another website. Parse the # of users online from the site itself, if it exists.

The web panel for the "start/stop/restart" is nice, but really only for people that haven't worked with RO emulation much yet, the beginners.

Sounds currently like you're only targeting Windows users. ugh :|

Also even with you saying that it's only "very light" data usage I wouldn't want to ever give such access to another website. 

tbh, I didn't tested it in any Linux distro, maybe later i'll make a virtual machine and see what happens.. What I thought is to give the SQL code to create a user with just read privileges (I don't modify any register nor make any new table) but to give some kind of security that i won't ruin the DB or whatever... or maybe even just have access to the tables I need. the password could be the private key, your account password or whatever, i guess it will be modificable in the config file.

Parse the # of users online from the site itself, if it exists.

Getting the number of players through the website could be a pain in the ass, becasue not everyone uses same CP, or some servers have cp in its own game so i don't really like that way...

The web panel for the "start/stop/restart" is nice, but really only for people that haven't worked with RO emulation much yet, the beginners.

Right now I made "start/stop/restart" but im planning to add more features, such as auto-restart, or restart at X hour everyday/evry X hours (?(give them the feature and they will use it, or not)) im open to new suggestions, the server that manages the data hasn't got user interface (it's a console server) due all or most vps/dedicated go via console didn't want to add features that for some people are inaccessible.

Edited by Doch

My suggestion for you is get users to post the stats of their servers to a page such as www.yourolist.com/api where you can make a parser that gets the information from there, in json format.

More power on their side, less intrusive.

This would also make it open for others to use it. yay usability, yay freedom of information.

My suggestion for you is get users to post the stats of their servers to a page such as www.yourolist.com/api where you can make a parser that gets the information from there, in json format.

More power on their side, less intrusive.

This would also make it open for others to use it. yay usability, yay freedom of information.

And how can I know that these statistics are true?

of course you can, but is much easier edit some numbers in a text file than make all the data, edit them every X time to make it more or less real, and also i think that the automation of this type of thinks are at the end is easier and handy for the user, and that data isn't shown to the users ( at least that's what i thought to do ) so why hack them?

I have a minor request; Can you update your signature's YourROList banner to link to this thread instead of the one on rA? Danke. ;)

Yep sorry, copy&paste fail :)

Update:

• Callback System to assure that the votes has been submitted correctly = no more points to people without vote [ Just need the part of Flux CP for release to people (topic of the paid job) ]
  • Item Creator 2013 [bETA]
  • Item Creator 2012 [bETA]
  • Improvements in SEO stuff
  • Added the possibility to show images of your server in your account
  • Fixed some missing maps
  • Fixed error in the quality graphic images
  • Fixed some bugs
  • Fixed some link errors when view items

Item creators may be bugged or not show all the information is needed to insert a custom item, test will be appreciated even rewarded in the future :)

The launch is just in the corner, stay tuned!

Thanks man, I know i'm disappeared, but thats because i have to study for finals exams and also we are in xmas and im not too much in computer if i'm not studying, sry mates

As i'm spanish i'm waiting to see what happens with ragnarok in spain, due to all this stuff that is happening with the license to IDC games and the closing of websites that publish private servers, because if i receive some email of them asking me to close the website just like the topsite of rune-nifelheim i think i won't have any other possibility than close.. or stop adversiting private RO servers.

Right now i'm paying from my budget the hosting and so, but in long terms I don't see viable don't getting any type of money from the website for pay the hosting..

Will see what happens :D

Best you can do is hand over the project to someone you trust outside of Spain (preferably outside of Europe) and just remain silent that the main developers and the "head" of the project is based on Spain.

Oh, and maybe also hand over the domain name too since you've got your name on the WHOIS information out there, but you can't transfer the domain just yet...