Shakto

2013 Ragexe and Diff (Up to date 2013-08-07)

update: Issue with Enable 64k hairstyle has been fixed. please get the updated diff file from the link.

https://sourceforge.net/p/xdiffgen/code/

(Really want to add that to the first topic :| )

EDIT:

@Rytech: well we are not storing anything in memory for enabling it till 64k . before the 4 bytes used to point to address where the strings "0" to "27" were located. we are now simply using it directly as our hairstyle id without accessing those storage.

infact i think we can safely remove the string storage part itself since its pointless (less mem consumption even if it is small)

Edited by NeoMind

Update 2: that was quicker than i thought ... Fixed patches:  Ignore Missing File Error & Only First Background, Only Second Background

Download link same as above. Thanks to shenhuyong for pointing out the bugs.

List of Patches & issues being worked on:
1) Reqweapon issue (1st priority - currently checking).

2) Skip Service Select (next in line - have not started).

3) Increase headgear view id - change the 5000 to configurable value (needs some core changes - to be started soon)

4) Use Custom Font (needs some core changes - to be started soon).

5) Restore Old Login Window (being considered whether plausible or not).

Let me know if there are more that i have missed out.

Update 2: that was quicker than i thought ... Fixed patches:  Ignore Missing File Error & Only First Background, Only Second Background

3) Increase headgear view id - change the 5000 to configurable value (needs some core changes - to be started soon)

shared pallets not working! can't see my post here :P

Any diff for disabling multiple client? :)

Update 3: Shared Palette Patches have been fixed. download from same link shown above.

Evilpuncker can you test and tell me if there are any errors still showing up for shared body palette if you have palettes for that.

@Samuel : I think Shakto was working on that. I'll add it to the list just in case.

Hello NeoMind, just thinking what shakto post and what the svn repo have. On svn repo they have weapontable.lub while shakto doesn't have any. Maybe that's the reason why we're having that reqweapon error. haven't tested it because i'm busy at work but pro'lly that's the cause. Oh and for the record kindly look at the remove GM palette. I know it has some issue regarding the dislocated head of characters. LOL

Edited by Mad Walker

yea i think so too because im testing in august client and im not getting lua errors (packet errors definitely :D).

As for the Remove GM Sprite I am not much familiar with it. I will try to see what can be done.

Ok i think that's the root cause, but still i'm gonna test again. Lub files from the latest repo has that error, i'm gonna try shakto's lub files.

I'll be waiting for the restore old login window. LOL  by the way; so far 2013 client is stable enough right? Reported crashes are mainly from wrong lua files and wrong patch or diffs? Not with the client itself right?

Update 3: Shared Palette Patches have been fixed. download from same link shown above.

Evilpuncker can you test and tell me if there are any errors still showing up for shared body palette if you have palettes for that.

@Samuel : I think Shakto was working on that. I'll add it to the list just in case.

worked like a charm :3 thanks

Ok i think that's the root cause, but still i'm gonna test again. Lub files from the latest repo has that error, i'm gonna try shakto's lub files.

I'll be waiting for the restore old login window. LOL  by the way; so far 2013 client is stable enough right? Reported crashes are mainly from wrong lua files and wrong patch or diffs? Not with the client itself right?

yes, since gravity doesn't release bugged exes :P (not many lol)

Edited by evilpuncker

looks like weapontable_f.lub file is missing. if you are reading from data folder first make sure you dont have a blank file for that one (if it doesnt find it there it should pick it up from data.grf)

Why do you want to move it in the data folder ?

If the client doesn t find it in the data folder, it will search it in the grf without changing anything.

Moving it to the data folder will just make you crazy bc u will have to keep it up to date each time gravity will change the struct of the file.

Best lesson : don t put any lub files in your data folder that you are sure u will not manually change it

Edited by Shakto

true thats what i was saying .. the client should pick it up from grf properly.

In case if you are adding custom weapons you only need to modify weapontable.lub. so if you have any weapontable_f.lub file in your own grf or data folder delete it.

@Shakto: Can you add the repository link to the front page.

Edited by NeoMind

@Dramosith: any value between 0 to 99 (i still dunno how the quality gets increased but it could be my eyes :D)

@Mad Walker: you don't need that file in your local since you are not going to edit it for any reason. just remove it from your data folder/custom grf. my client is picking up from data.grf by default and i am not getting any errors.

@Everyone: Be ready for a surprise later today :-P

MEGA UPDATE:

Restore Login Window & Disable 1rag1 Patches are now fixed (well i haven't seen any errors so far).

Please download the updated xdiff from the repository link above.