Sign in to follow this  
AnnieRuru

add COLOR_ constants for *announce

I've always wanted to suggest this

add this into dbconst.txt

COLOR_Aqua	0x00FFFFCOLOR_Black	0x000000COLOR_Blue	0x0000FFCOLOR_Gray	0x808080COLOR_Green	0x008000COLOR_Lime	0x00FF00COLOR_Maroon	0x800000COLOR_Navy	0x000080COLOR_Olive	0x808000COLOR_Orange	0xFFA500COLOR_Purple	0x800080COLOR_Red	0xFF0000COLOR_Silver	0xC0C0C0COLOR_Teal	0x008080COLOR_White	0xFFFFFFCOLOR_Yellow	0xFFFF00COLOR_Pink	0xFFC0CBCOLOR_Chocolate	0xD2691ECOLOR_Cyan	0x00FFFFCOLOR_Gold	0xFFD700COLOR_Violet	0xEE82EE

then when you script, you can just refer to constant file to get your color
no numbers ... and it also tells you which color for the announcement

prontera,162,180,5	script	aasdf	100,{	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Aqua;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Black;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Blue;// 	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Fuchsia; // not working	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Gray;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Green;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Lime;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Maroon;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Navy;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Olive;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Orange;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Purple;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Red;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Silver;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Teal;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_White;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Yellow;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Pink;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Chocolate;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Cyan;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Gold;	announce "test color", bc_all, COLOR_Violet;	end;}

MAGIC !
post-4102-0-95241900-1409610852_thumb.jpg
Add all of these ?
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp

maybe too many ?
or just a few that frequently use enough ?

edit: I think just 17 colors enough ?
I mean 18, plus Pink

Edited by AnnieRuru

O.o I thought this was already a thing, just it wasn't documented, kinda like how bc_blue / bc_green / bc_red etc... worked, even though only Blue and Yellow were documented.

Well, I can see it being a practical use in announcement scripts, but not so much with mes and such, as ^000000 is far shorter than ^"+COLOR_xxxx+"

Perhaps you can just shorten it to: C_Aqua or c_aqua  since that gives almost the same amount of characters to type, aside from the "++".

I think it's a neat idea. When it comes to announcements VIA events, etc. I don't see this being a bad idea. For me and my events, I've always wanted a variety of colours lol. 

Towards GmOcean's comment, I gotta agree with that. If theres a way to make it shorter for 'mes' it'd be best... otherwise using ^000000 is a better way to go.

I also think that this is necessary.

But yes, keep in mind that the shortest is the best. (I prefer not to use the ^000000, it is kinda chaotic when you have a lot of different colors :/)