soul213

Question about Patcher/Client and data.ini

Question

Hi guys, once again im here to ask a newbie question. :(

My first question is there possible if you try to compile or merge your Patcher and Client into one .exe application? (before you proceed the game or main client, you can open the patcher first (forced to do that thing..). Then my second question was, what software did you use to encrypt the text's from data.ini?

Thank you and have a nice day :lol:

5 answers to this question

As far as i know data.ini is not encrypted (at least my data.ini is not encrypted).

You can read data.ini by using notepad or wordpad.

Edited by arisgamers

My first question is there possible if you try to compile or merge your Patcher and Client into one .exe application? (before you proceed the game or main client, you can open the patcher first (forced to do that thing..). Then my second question was, what software did you use to encrypt the text's from data.ini?

2) Embed DATA.ini in Client using NEMO Patcher, OR Make a Custom Hook to encrypt the contents of DATA.ini

Be careful merging your patch client and game client into one exe. Typically when doing 'packing' anti-viruses will throw more false reports as it believes the client is a virus. Packing is the common way of bundling viruses with other programs so the user will launch them.

2) Embed DATA.ini in Client using NEMO Patcher, OR Make a Custom Hook to encrypt the contents of DATA.ini

Thank you for always helping me sir. :thx:

My first question is there possible if you try to compile or merge your Patcher and Client into one .exe application?

Yes. Here's a free solution:

http://enigmaprotector.com/en/aboutvb.html

A big thank you sir, i will try to study that thing sir :no1:

Be careful merging your patch client and game client into one exe. Typically when doing 'packing' anti-viruses will throw more false reports as it believes the client is a virus. Packing is the common way of bundling viruses with other programs so the user will launch them.

Thank you for reminding me for that kind of thing sir, i will try to study that too :gawi: