Question

Hey everyone, Im new here, been around RO for a really long time, on and off, like the rest of us. haha. I wanted to give Hercules a shot, so I decided..hmm why not? I wanted to go for an offline game since I currently dont have internet set up as Im waiting for the technician :P

Ive been running into a problem, so I will try to backtrack abit so someone can maybe get a better idea and help me out as fast and as easily as possible.

After a full day of testing and setting up the latest Hercules build, I followed every guide and post on these forums to set the the proper configs in all files such as inter_athena, map_server etc etc.

Everything has been compiled, all permissions set and login credentials for all SQL connections are done,server is up and running with no errors at all on 127.0.0.1

GRF has been made with data translation folder(using only data folder), client has been diffed Using the 2013-08-07 client, packet ver in clientinfo.xml is set to 45, mmo.h is set to 20130807.

The problems lies with loging in. Here is the problem.

At first I used Loki Launcher, set the right infos in lokipatcher.ini and I run the exe.entered name_M. At first, I was getting the Unregistered ID problem. Logserv.bat says:

unknown account(user:" " passwrd " ")

So i said to myself, what if I create an account on my sql database, hercules>login,with ID 2000001 no name, no password, group_id 99.

I did that, and managed to connect! Got through to char server, made my character and logged into the game, and started running around, leveling up, fighting, talking to NPCs, everything it was all working!!

I then wanted to make another account but with a name and password. So I opened loki launcher, tried to create an account using _M or _F. This time I still log in, but back into my other account! Log server says:

account(user:" " passwrd " ") accepted

So I said to myself, seems that Loki isnt actually sending any account information and is just logging me into the account with no name and no password.  maybe Ill create another account manually with a name and password. So I created account test123 with password test123 group_id 99 Gender: M. ID 2000002

Tried to login with loki patcher using those credentials. logserv.bat repeats:

account(user:" " passwrd " ") accepted

and puts me into my first account that had no name and password.

This is repeated using any account name and password at loki launcher even if the account is non existant. It will always put me into that noname account. What am I missing here? Is Loki launcher not connecting to mySQL server and why isnt Loki launcher adding the new account/login infos to the login table in my hercules database or even searching them for that matter?

Creating account with _M/_F is enabled in login_server.conf

UPDATE:

I tried to diff the client again, this time adding the option: Restore old Login Screen and disable -1rag1 type. This essentially allows me to bypass the launcher and open the exe directly.

I open the new, diffed, testRO.exe, get to the old school login screen, try to create account with test999_M, and I get back:

Unregistered ID.Please try again.

Logserv.bat says:

unknown account(user:"test999" passwrd "test999")

So now my server is actually reading my inputs atleast.

So i try logging in with the login I created manually, User: test123 Pass:test123 and I get back:

Invalid User ID or Password. Please try again(1)

logserv.bat says:

account(user:"test123" passwrd:"test123") Invalid password.

(Even though the password is the right one!!)

I also cannot login to my user :" " password:" " account because the client prevents me from inputting less than 4 characters.Even changing the before working accounts User and password, still no luck, says wrong password.

I dont understand what Im doing wrong?

my clientinfo.xml is the same as from http://rathena.org/wiki/clientinfo.xml

Changed korea to america, type is sakray, IP.127.0.0.1, version 45(client 2013-08-07), langtype 1.

MD5 password is disabled in login_server

I tried changing langtype to 0 and my client crashes on open.

I also tried following:http://herc.ws/board/topic/4892-failed-to-connect-to-server/ . It says to delete certain lines in clientinfo.xml and that it fixes the issue. Not for me. I manage to get to login screen by doing so, but when I input any account credentials(even a non existing one) and press enter, the client gets a not responding error and then a force close.

Can someone please help? Any pictures required can and will be posted as soon as I get home. Thx in advance to anyone who is willing to take the time to help me!!

Edited by jayspinz

1 answer to this question

Fixed. Found the error. Looked it up and my langtype wasnt corresponding with my service and server type. As well as the password encryption lines.

Removed the <passwordencrypt /> and <passwordencrypt2 />. Changed langtype to 0, service type to korea, server type to primary. And used Nemo patcher to make the YourRO.exe with 45 different patches!

Really good work by everyone on this forum. I didnt get much help but perserverance payed off. :)