Sign in to follow this  
Echoes

How to create an .act?

Question

Hello

Currently I'm making a brand new .spr with own images and stuff, but here is where I have a problem, how do I create my .act file to edit it in the actOR and then implement all the files in my server?

I read some guides but those said I need to copy an existent one, and then edit it, I think I did that once but with no good results.

May I get some .act creating support? ; n ;

Thanks in advance c:

4 answers to this question

Hope this helps ( If not, there are these; http://herc.ws/wiki/Actshttp://herc.ws/wiki/Spriting )

.act files hold the position of placement of the given sprite image. For instance, if your act files are positioned

incorrectly on say, a headgear item the .spr image may be shown for instance above the head.

To create your own .act file it is easiest to use an existing .act to overwrite and use as a basepoint. Lets

say for instance you want to make a custom headgear, most headgear has between 5-15 Frames or images

for corresponding directions. This means when you are looking forward there is one image view, looking left

another, looking right another, etc.

So to find your basepoint you should open an existing headgear sprite using a .spr viewer such as

(SPR Conview Recomended) Check how many frames it uses for animation and if it is acceptable for you to

use then you will begin designing your sprite images with that many frames. Once you have the design of your

custom sprite (.spr) completed with the correct number of frames it is time to open (Actor2 Recommended)

At this time I would like to note that;

.act and .spr files correspond to each other so the .act file you wish to use as a base needs to be named correctly

for example; 

Your_Custom_Head_Gear_Test_.spr

your .act file should have the exact name as the .spr file

Your_Custom_Head_Gear_Test_.act

Now that we have our two files and they are named correctly we open (Actor2 Recommended) and begin to

make adjustments as we need to align position. Features in Actor will have references to (head) and (body)

make sure to use these when aligning frames to images.

So taking an existing .act and then renaming and editing as I like would be the solution, pretty simple c:

Thanks for helping :D!

Edited by Echoes

Very Welcome Echoes, Also to be noted;

If you are going to do a custom mob, take the .act base file from an existing mob sprite 

If you are going to do a custom npc, take the .act base file from an existing npc sprite 

If you are going to do a custom headgear, take the .act base file from an existing headgear sprite etc.

Very Welcome Echoes, Also to be noted;

If you are going to do a custom mob, take the .act base file from an existing mob sprite 

If you are going to do a custom npc, take the .act base file from an existing npc sprite 

If you are going to do a custom headgear, take the .act base file from an existing headgear sprite etc.

Got it C:

Oh, and a doubt about choosing the correct .act for (this time) my NPC: I choose an .act that only has 1 action, how do I create more actions, like facing other ways and such? or just need to look for another .act that has more actions?

If you can answer that too, it would be awesome.