Zeiyan

bonus bBreakweapon (possible also bBreakArmor)

Question

Hello hercules. Well I'm not sure if it's a bug or something i did or anything that i'm not aware of. 1st of all here are some of my modification

battle.conf

// Overall rate of which your own equipment can break. (Note 2)// This rate affects penalty breaking rate of skills such as power-thrust and your natural breaking rate // (from equip_natural_break_rate). If a Sage's endow skill fails and this is above 0, the selected char's// weapon will be broken.equip_self_break_rate: 10// Overall rate at which you can break target's equipment. (Note 2)// This affects the behaviour of skills like acid terror and meltdownequip_skill_break_rate: 10

item_db.conf

{	Id: 4361	AegisName: "B_Harword_Card"	Name: "Whitesmith Card"	Type: 6	Buy: 20	Weight: 10	Loc: 2	Script: <" 		callfunc "ccount"; if(@cardcnt < 3) {			bonus4 bAutoSpell,486,3,30,0;			bonus4 bAutoSpell,42,10,30,1;			bonus bBreakWeaponRate,300;			bonus bBreakArmorRate,300;		}	">	Trade: {		nodrop: true		}},

Problem:

The armor so far is working properly (breaking the armor), However there are some instances that the bonus "bBreakWeaponRate" is not working. It's that it's not working at all but it does not work on some characters/weapon types maybe. (i'm not sure we tested it on high wizard with survivor rod and knife = knife gets broken, survivor rod = survives :P)

We tested it on some more characters and weapons but i'm having trouble determining what is causing this.

NOTE: We also tried 100% break rate to determine if it really is working or not and there really is something wrong.

Another question

equip_skill_break_rateequip_skill_break_rate

their defaults are 100 and i set them to 10. How does this affect the bonus bBreakWeapon and bBreakArmor?

3 answers to this question

if (where&EQP_WEAPON) {switch (sd->status.weapon) {case W_FIST: //Bare fists should not break :P//case W_1HAXE://case W_2HAXE://case W_MACE: // Axes and Maces can't be broken [DracoRPG]//case W_2HMACE://case W_STAFF://case W_2HSTAFF://case W_BOOK: //Rods and Books can't be broken [Skotlex]//case W_HUUMA:where &= ~EQP_WEAPON;}}

Solved by commenting these lines

First of all, some weapons are indestructible by nature, from the top of my head: staves, two-handed staves, axes, two-handed axes, books, maces and huuma shurikens.

Rates do affect rates that weapons/armors break with. For example, if you have equip_skill_break_rate on 100, chances are same as it is in the skill description (AD, per example, so 10%). If you have it at 10, it's 1/10 of what it was, so 1% in our case. In other words, view it as % of the original value.