Sign in to follow this  
Blip

Other people cant connect.

Question

Hello everyone. First of all, my english sucks. I know, its a pain in the ass... but anyways, this is my first try to make a home server. Im trying to get it working in my house so i can test things easily. The problem is, than nobody else can connect to the server (Except me, Localhost). No errors in the consoles, and i have no clue.
Its my first time using a RO Emulator, but it not my first time using MySQL or reading/using scripts, or codes... i dont even know what word you use for this. 
This are some thigs i have checked:
  • Ports are OK (I tested it with an old VB6 chat, with a friend)
  • I tried using No-IP and Hamachi. (Actually using NO-IP)
  • I have tried using 2014-02-05bRagexe and 2013-12-23cRagexe.
  • Re-Compiled from scratch. Making it all again. (Even Database)
  • Everyone is using the same client. This one.
  • I have tried not using the subnet.conf at all.

I dont think i have any errors on this:

confchar-server.conf

// Character Server configuration file.// Note: "Comments" are all text on the right side of a double slash "//"// Whatever text is commented will not be parsed by the servers, and serves// only as information/reference.// Server Communication username and password.userid: <Blank>passwd: <Blank>// Server name, use alternative character such as ASCII 160 for spaces.// NOTE: Do not use spaces or any of these characters which are not allowed in //       Windows filenames /:*?"<>|//       ... or else guild emblems won't work client-side!server_name: AlphaRO// Wisp name for server: used to send wisp from server to players (between 4 to 23 characters)wisp_server_name: Server// Login Server IP// The character server connects to the login server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.login_ip: alpharo.servegame.com// The character server listens on the interface with this IP address.// NOTE: This allows you to run multiple servers on multiple interfaces// while using the same ports for each server.//bind_ip: 127.0.0.1// Login Server Portlogin_port: 6900// Character Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.char_ip: alpharo.servegame.com// Character Server Portchar_port: 6121

confmap-server.conf

//--------------------------------------------------------------// Hercules Map-Server Configuration File//--------------------------------------------------------------// Note: "Comments" are all text on the right side of a double slash "//"// Whatever text is commented will not be parsed by the servers, and serves// only as information/reference.//--------------------------------------------------------------//                     Configuration Info//--------------------------------------------------------------// Interserver communication passwords, set in account.txt (or equiv.)userid: <Blank>passwd: <Blank>// Character Server IP// The map server connects to the character server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.char_ip: alpharo.servegame.com// The map server listens on the interface with this IP address.// NOTE: This allows you to run multiple servers on multiple interfaces// while using the same ports for each server.//bind_ip: 127.0.0.1// Character Server Portchar_port: 6121// Map Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.map_ip: alpharo.servegame.com// Map Server Portmap_port: 5121

confsubnet.conf

// Subnet support file// Format is:// subnet: net-submask:char_ip:map_ip// you can add more than one subnet subnet: 255.255.255.0:alpharo.servegame.com:alpharo.servegame.com

dataClientinfo.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr" ?><clientinfo>	<desc>Ragnarok Client Information</desc>	<servicetype>korea</servicetype>	<servertype>pk</servertype>	<hideaccountlist />	<readfolder/>	<connection>		<display>AlphaRO</display>		<desc>Version Alpha</desc>		<balloon>Alpha RO Ballon</balloon>		<address>alpharo.servegame.com</address>		<port>6900</port>		<version>20</version>		<langtype>1</langtype>		<registrationweb>https://www.google.com.ar/</registrationweb>		<yellow>			<admin>2000001</admin>			<admin>2000002</admin>			<admin>2000003</admin>		</yellow>		<loading>			<image>loading00.jpg</image>			<image>loading01.jpg</image>			<image>loading02.jpg</image>			<image>loading03.jpg</image>			<image>loading04.jpg</image>			<image>loading05.jpg</image>			<image>loading06.jpg</image>			<image>loading07.jpg</image>			<image>loading08.jpg</image>			<image>loading09.jpg</image>			<image>loading10.jpg</image>		</loading>	</connection></clientinfo> 

The only funny thing i can find, is than i cant connect to my own server if i use anything else except pk (serverype), in the Clientinfo.xml. I cant even know why.

I been trying to resolve this for weeks now, and i just cant find a way to make it work. I been using others Profiles on the Nemo-Mater. Tried to use others regions or langtype..

I hate asking for help, and i already been doing it in the Spanish forum. 

If anyone need more info, i would be glad to provied it. 98% of the server files are untouched.

At this point, i cant tell if its a Client-Side issue, but im pretty sure it is.

5 answers to this question

<address>alpharo.servegame.com</address>

change this one to plain IP address..unless you diff your client to accept DNS...then try again..

:meow:

<address>alpharo.servegame.com</address>

change this one to plain IP address..unless you diff your client to accept DNS...then try again..

Using plain IP was my first, second and third try. You dont know how much i hate using No-IP or Hamachi. 

I just tried again just to be sure, using plain ip and diffing the client to not accept DNS... and then using the old one, who accept its. And then using No-IP again with the new and old one. Nothing.

turn off firewall..

I dont have any custom firewall, and windows firewall is always off. One of the things i tried was turning it on and make the exceptions for the Ports and programs, because i read somewhere about a weird bug than could keep the firewall on or something like that. 

Edited by Blip

Subnet.conf is best when you need to recognize inside network to use inside IPs. It shouldn't have much effect, but without it I'd be doomed with my router NOT supporting NAT hairpinning >.>

Maybe it could be your network problems rather? Did you try to get connected from the outside before? Some ISPs are running users behind NAT, so without proper intervention you can be lost (aka you're sharing outside IP with some other clients), and when you try to get connected to from outside network you'll fail since it needs special settings on NAT source, like port forwarding or DMZ.

Edited by Garr