Sign in to follow this  
Clare

Npc for change job clothing sprite

Question

Hi guys, I wonder if are possíble create that kind of NPC and have help to do it.

It would be something like, allow the player to choose the clothes jobclass to use when you reach the maximum level of job.
For example, be a warlock but when you talk to the npc it asks if I want to use the job clothing mage or wizard or high wizard.

Without changing the job class or skills, only changing the job sprite to be displayed.

It would be possible to do this using script?

12 answers to this question

I did a test, really works but the skills are changed, I would just like to change the image to be displayed
without changing the other characteristics of the class, you know any other way to do this?

Something like a "disguise" amending sprite player for monsters without changing the skills or anything, but changing the "job sprite", and means so permanent, that is, even if the character logout the new sprite is maintained.

Thank you for your answer

Edited by Suzuya

I did a test, really works but the skills are changed, I would just like to change the image to be displayed

without changing the other characteristics of the class, you know any other way to do this?

Something like a "disguise" amending sprite player for monsters without changing the skills or anything, but changing the "job sprite", and means so permanent, that is, even if the character logout the new sprite is maintained.

Thank you for your answer

It's about the new clothes system?

No. It is are another thing, I just want to choose display sprites in the class, for example,
be a warlock but when talk to the npc When it asks if I want to use the job clothing of mage or wizard or high wizard or warlock.

Just an NPC that will allow me to be a higher level job that uses your old job clothing

Well, why you don't use a variable to do that?

Like: If i'm a Warlock and want to use the Mage clothe, you can make one item with the mage clothe visual like the Akatsuk on Naruto Privates, and with this item you can use the preview system on download area to everythime the player log he put the mage's clothe

But i want use this option just stay active for VIP players, 
for this i didn't want to use an item, with a  NPC command,
when the vip time end the player no longer have access to clothes.

@Suzuya - It shouldn't have changed your skills and the like. The documentation clearly says, changes only the sprite and nothing else. So your skills should have stayed intact.

If this is truly the case, can you provide screen shots of it happening? A screen of before you used the command, showing your skills, and then after you used the command and showing your skills.

Because if this is happening it could be a bug with the command.

Otherwise, your only other option as far as I know, would be to make a custom command, or go the long route of making custom classes that use those sprites, but have the skills of the original class. Basically, making Wizard clones, but using Warlock sprite.

Here, i'm using this script for test

prontera,155,181,4 script Costume Clown 715,{
changebase job_merchant;
}

See the prints

First i'm a creator

10841962_492182074256856_419265860560075725_o.jpg

so i talk with the NPC

10256698_492182084256855_8101706558844801410_o.jpg

and alright, now I have the merchant sprite, but, my creator skills desapear from the list
note that the name of my job also changes

@GmOcean

Are possible create a command like the desguise, but instead of turning into monsters or NPCs change the job sprite? or even implement it to own disguise?

If possible, could help me do this?

I am not good at making changes to the SRC so please you can help-me make this modification.

Edited by Suzuya

I see, alright well I think I know what the problem is. I'll test some more and release a fix if I'm able too.

Edit:

After, using the command both the original *changebase(<Job_Id>) and the custom one I made *disguiseclass(<Job_Id>)

they both work exactly the same. That is to say, that yes, the skills do vanish, but they instead just go from the 1st/2nd/trans class, and go to the misc section.

Before changing class:

screen_Hercules021.jpgscreen_Hercules022.jpg

After Changing Class:

screen_Hercules023.jpgscreen_Hercules024.jpg

So as you can see, you do have your skills, they just get pushed to misc section. This is most likely a client issue than a src one.

And yes, before you ask, you are unable to obtain the skills of the new class you're disguised as, even if you tried.

Edited by GmOcean

Oppss... I'm sorry for this, I never think to look in the Misc tab, sorry for making you waste your time with this .

1537872_492182090923521_1812959803860860390_o.jpg

about the disguise command, when I spoke about it would be something like the own "@disguise" the atcommand, use the job id and change the sprite to be displayed, it will be that way too this problem occur with the exchange of skills tab for misc?

And if i use changebase, how i can make for this stay active if the player logout and and then login again?

Edited by Suzuya

Yes, the command I made acts exactly the same way as changebase did, so sadly there's no point in making it.

Also, as for it changing when they logout / login again. Just change their disguise whenever they login, if they have a variable set to 1. Then when their VIP time is up, or whatever determines the length of their disguise, just remove the variable and undisguise them.

OnPCLoginEvent:if (vip_status) {    changebase(vip_disguise);}end;