Max

Failed to Connect to Server

Question

Hi guys , im back to hercules making some private server , still learning again .

I have this problem with the server / client side , my client was ok , char-login-map server was ok too , but I cannot login to char-server , I can login to login server , I don't know why . Everytime I try login , before pick character , its not responding and "failed to connect to server". can someone help me ? but there's no error msg in login-char-map server putty , here's the screenshot.

login server

post-454-0-21738200-1418098805_thumb.png

char server

post-454-0-64787500-1418098806_thumb.png

map server

post-454-0-22273500-1418098811_thumb.png

game server

post-454-0-85906600-1418098817_thumb.png

Oh yeah im using 2013-08-07 client , and hercules latest version

Thanks if you are helping me :)

Edited by Max

10 answers to this question

Hi guys , im back to hercules making some private server , still learning again .

I have this problem with the server / client side , my client was ok , char-login-map server was ok too , but I cannot login to char-server , I can login to login server , I don't know why . Everytime I try login , before pick character , its not responding and "failed to connect to server". can someone help me ? but there's no error msg in login-char-map server putty , here's the screenshot.

login server

attachicon.gifloginserver.png

char server

attachicon.gifcharserver.png

map server

attachicon.gifmapserver.png

game server

attachicon.gifgame.png

Did you change the IP on your clientinfo.xml?

here's an example

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr" ?><clientinfo><servicetype>korea</servicetype><servertype>sakray</servertype>   <connection>      <display>Your Ragnarok</display>      <balloon>Free2Play!</balloon>      <address>CHANGE THIS TO YOUR VPS IP</address>      <port>6900</port>      <version>30</version>      <langtype>1</langtype>   </connection></clientinfo>

login server

attachicon.gifloginserver.png

char server

attachicon.gifcharserver.png

map server

attachicon.gifmapserver.png

game server

attachicon.gifgame.png

Did you change the IP on your clientinfo.xml?

here's an example

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr" ?><clientinfo><servicetype>korea</servicetype><servertype>sakray</servertype>   <connection>      <display>Your Ragnarok</display>      <balloon>Free2Play!</balloon>      <address>CHANGE THIS TO YOUR VPS IP</address>      <port>6900</port>      <version>30</version>      <langtype>1</langtype>   </connection></clientinfo>

of course , and my conf folder all setup.

and I tried 2 version of clientinfo , still not working

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr" ?><clientinfo>	<desc>Ragnarok Client Information</desc>	<servicetype>korea</servicetype>	<servertype>primary</servertype>	<hideaccountlist />	<passwordencrypt />	<passwordencrypt2 />	<extendedslot />	<readfolder />	<connection>		<display>Rise Ragnarok Online</display>		<desc>Ragnarok Online</desc>		<balloon>High Rate Server</balloon>		<address>116.251.223.131</address>		<port>6900</port>		<version>26</version>		<langtype>0</langtype>		<registrationweb>http://rise-ro.com/</registrationweb>		<yellow>			<admin>2000001</admin>			<admin>2000002</admin>			<admin>2000003</admin>		</yellow>		<loading>			<image>loading00.jpg</image>			<image>loading01.jpg</image>			<image>loading02.jpg</image>			<image>loading03.jpg</image>			<image>loading04.jpg</image>			<image>loading05.jpg</image>		</loading>	</connection></clientinfo>==================this is the second one==================<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr" ?><clientinfo><servicetype>korea</servicetype><servertype>primary</servertype>   <connection>      <display>Rise Ragnarok Online</display>      <balloon>High Rate Server</balloon>      <desc>Rise RO</desc>      <address>116.251.223.131</address>      <port>6900</port>      <version>26</version>      <langtype>0</langtype>      <registrationweb>http://rise-ro.com/</registrationweb>        <aid>            <admin>2000000</admin>			<admin>2000001</admin>			<admin>2000002</admin>        </aid>        <loading>			<image>loading01.jpg</image>			<image>loading02.jpg</image>			<image>loading03.jpg</image>			<image>loading04.jpg</image>			<image>loading05.jpg</image>        </loading>   </connection></clientinfo>

[Warning] : You are running Hercules with root privileges, it is not necessary.

Because I have not seen this warning up to now, it becomes a guess.

You do not have administrative privileges on this computer.

Please run as administrator.

Edited by Lilystar

of course , and my conf folder all setup.

and I tried 2 version of clientinfo , still not working

I don't know what client date you are using but it seems that you are using an old client date? because of the packet version is. 26 try changing that into the exact packet version of your client.

and what about the diffs? a small chance, maybe you forgot to enable read data folder first?

Edited by Radian

[Warning] : You are running Hercules with root privileges, it is not necessary.

Because I have not seen this warning up to now, it becomes a guess.

You do not have administrative privileges on this computer.

Please run as administrator.

I think your wrong. it was stated in the warning that it was running on root privileges. its not " you are not running on root privileges ".

I think your wrong. it was stated in the warning that it was running on root privileges. its not " you are not running on root privileges ".

sorry.

I seem to misunderstand the message.

The relation between Administrator and root has been forgotten.

Edited by Lilystar

Post your configs also and change their ips into dummy~ 
so we can check if everything is correct.

Sorry for late reply , there's nothing wrong with my setup , the mysql configuration is wrong :( sorry my bad guys , its fixed now thanks :)

Sorry for late reply , there's nothing wrong with my setup , the mysql configuration is wrong :( sorry my bad guys , its fixed now thanks :)

I am having the same problem, can you please tell me how you fixed it?

I am having the same problem, can you please tell me how you fixed it?

Configure IP properly on server side