Sign in to follow this  
Alphoccio

Fire Wall Skill

Question

Hello there..  :)

I find that RO has implement too many Skills but some of it is getting less it's importance in game.

so I just want to make some boost of some skills.

one of it is how do I widen the Skill Fire Wall?

Let say from default 3 x 2 Cells to 6 x 2 Cells?

I've read the wiki for quite some time now regarding Skills modifications..

and I believe its in Skill.c but I don't want to risk.

Hoping for your assistance.   :meow:

7 answers to this question

this is the whole code..

skill->firewall_unit_pos = pos;for (i=0;i<8;i++) {  if (i&1) {   skill->unit_layout[pos].count = 5;   if (i&0x2) {    int dx[] = {-1,-1, 0, 0, 1};    int dy[] = { 1, 0, 0,-1,-1};    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));   } else {    int dx[] = { 1, 1 ,0, 0,-1};    int dy[] = { 1, 0, 0,-1,-1};    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));   }  } else {   skill->unit_layout[pos].count = 3;   if (i%4==0) {    int dx[] = {-1, 0, 1};    int dy[] = { 0, 0, 0};    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));   } else {    int dx[] = { 0, 0, 0};    int dy[] = {-1, 0, 1};    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));   }  }  pos++;} 

ok those coordinates are patterns..

and as I said before you need to plot it,... into a Cartesian plane you can see the pattern..

for example

2eb9x7b.png

I hope after seeing this you will get the idea...

Word of the day: A good programmer is a good mathematician...:D

:meow:

@skill.c under 'void skill_init_unit_layout (void)'

then find 'skill->firewall_unit_pos' and below it you can see the layout..just add another xy point...

@skill.c under 'void skill_init_unit_layout (void)'

then find 'skill->firewall_unit_pos' and below it you can see the layout..just add another xy point...

Hi there malufett,

I tried to understand what you want me to do.. but I think I'm not yet there with my programming skills doing the basics.. I've studied Java some Web PL. but not so C++.   :sry:    but I'm planning to learn it. 

please can you edit the codes below? cause I might do it the wrong way.

Thank you so much for your time.  :meow:

// firewall and icewall have 8 layouts (direction-dependent)	skill->firewall_unit_pos = pos;	for (i=0;i<8;i++) {		if (i&1) {			skill->unit_layout[pos].count = 5;			if (i&0x2) {				int dx[] = {-1,-1, 0, 0, 1};				int dy[] = { 1, 0, 0,-1,-1};				memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));				memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));			} else {				int dx[] = { 1, 1 ,0, 0,-1};				int dy[] = { 1, 0, 0,-1,-1};				memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));				memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));			}		} else {			skill->unit_layout[pos].count = 3;			if (i%4==0) {				int dx[] = {-1, 0, 1};				int dy[] = { 0, 0, 0};				memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));				memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));			} else {				int dx[] = { 0, 0, 0};				int dy[] = {-1, 0, 1};				memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));				memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));			}		}		pos++;
Edited by Alphoccio

I've studied Java some Web PL. but not so C++. :sry:   but I'm planning to learn it.

nah...all programming language are the same..as long as you understand how to do 'if else' you can survive as a programmer..

nah..I don't want...if you want to learn...you must experience to fail..so do trial and error..anyway here is a hint..

skill->unit_layout[pos].count = 5; // number of points    if (i&0x2) {   // here are x points and y points having this plot it and you can see something      int dx[] = {-1,-1, 0, 0, 1};       int dy[] = { 1, 0, 0,-1,-1};      memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx)); // just copying of array dx to skill->unit_layout      memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy)); // just copying of array dy to skill->unit_layout

I've studied Java some Web PL. but not so C++. :sry:   but I'm planning to learn it.

nah...all programming language are the same..as long as you understand how to do 'if else' you can survive as a programmer..

nah..I don't want...if you want to learn...you must experience to fail..so do trial and error..anyway here is a hint..

skill->unit_layout[pos].count = 5; // number of points    if (i&0x2) {   // here are x points and y points having this plot it and you can see something      int dx[] = {-1,-1, 0, 0, 1};       int dy[] = { 1, 0, 0,-1,-1};      memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx)); // just copying of array dx to skill->unit_layout      memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy)); // just copying of array dy to skill->unit_layout

@malufett oh I admit it.. I can't figure it out.. what do you mean " just add another xy point..." ?

I did these changes and that...  kindly see..

skill->firewall_unit_pos = pos;	for (i=0;i<9;i++) {		if (i&1) {			skill->unit_layout[pos].count = 8;						// "AE_NOTE-Default: 5 "			if (i&0x2) {				int dx[] = {-1,-1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1};				int dy[] = { 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,-1,-1};				memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));				memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));			} else {				int dx[] = { 1, 1 ,0, 0, 0, 0, 0,-1};				int dy[] = { 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,-1,-1};				memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));				memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));			}

And it's a must to Re-compiled the server every time I make changes right???  :p_conf:  but sadly nothing happens... it's still the same.

I have no idea on how & what are those {-1,-1, 0, 0, 1 }; values stands for?

btw, thank you so much for checking out this topic.   :gawi:

this is the whole code..

skill->firewall_unit_pos = pos;for (i=0;i<8;i++) {  if (i&1) {   skill->unit_layout[pos].count = 5;   if (i&0x2) {    int dx[] = {-1,-1, 0, 0, 1};    int dy[] = { 1, 0, 0,-1,-1};    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));   } else {    int dx[] = { 1, 1 ,0, 0,-1};    int dy[] = { 1, 0, 0,-1,-1};    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));   }  } else {   skill->unit_layout[pos].count = 3;   if (i%4==0) {    int dx[] = {-1, 0, 1};    int dy[] = { 0, 0, 0};    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));   } else {    int dx[] = { 0, 0, 0};    int dy[] = {-1, 0, 1};    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dx,dx,sizeof(dx));    memcpy(skill->unit_layout[pos].dy,dy,sizeof(dy));   }  }  pos++;} 

ok those coordinates are patterns..

and as I said before you need to plot it,... into a Cartesian plane you can see the pattern..

for example

2eb9x7b.png

I hope after seeing this you will get the idea...

Word of the day: A good programmer is a good mathematician... :D

Good day malufett,

After many hours &  a night of mind processing while sleeping.. haha  :heh:

I just wanna say Thank you so much! so kind of yours. 

I got it working now.. though I'm still trying to understand the Structure of the program and how the codes Flow.. I want to learn more of it. 

well, though I'm not so good in Arrays.. we're in Java 2 Object Oriented and we tackled basic Arrays and now it made me realize its importance.

for example what if I want it to be in Circle shape...? and so on...  :rolleyes:

oh I just hope this wouldn't be the last.. again thank you for your assistance.

Keep it up and have a great day to you.  :D

Good day malufett,

After many hours &  a night of mind processing while sleeping.. haha  :heh:

I just wanna say Thank you so much! so kind of yours.

I got it working now.. though I'm still trying to understand the Structure of the program and how the codes Flow.. I want to learn more of it.

well, though I'm not so good in Arrays.. we're in Java 2 Object Oriented and we tackled basic Arrays and now it made me realize its importance.

for example what if I want it to be in Circle shape...? and so on...  :rolleyes:

oh I just hope this wouldn't be the last.. again thank you for your assistance.

Keep it up and have a great day to you.  :D

good for you...and hope you understand why I'm getting hard on you..

cause you need it and I hate spoon feeding..:P