Sign in to follow this  
Aeromesi

What kind of RO interests the Ragnarok community?

It's a simple question. I'm looking to host an RO server that hosts an interest in the COMMUNITY meaning the vast majority of the left RO gamers. I want feedback, like I am making a server that has custom content that doesn't interfere with the end-gameplay of Ragnarok but has a twist with the original experience as well as the ORIGINAL end-gameplay experience, meaning, making bad ass characters, getting the gear you want, and having a blast in WoE/PvP/GvG anything RO related. That's what I feel people want who play Private servers, something unique but original, any thoughts on this? I mean there are very few who will join an private server not knowing what RO was. I was one of those people, and when I came to find out eAthena, I learned, coded, stood up late nights, almost failed high school, and have been wondering what I can do to make a decent RO with a decent player base. Fancy smanshy website, not me, I'm trying to get feedback to turn my RO into the RO people die for.

So tl;dr version:

What will attract mostly (Current) players of Ragnarok as well as new players to a RO server?

Edited by Aeromesi

What will attract mostly (Current) players of Ragnarok as well as new players to a RO server?

easy, setup a really shit server and have no clue about what you are doing, then you are destined for 2000 players.

but be careful, any kind of professionalism in your setup, you are lucky to get 200 players

good luck :)

Yommy is totaly right.

people dont want stability, professionality or anything.

they want to complain, abuse bugs to get advantages, and some of them wants pay to win to be the best on the server without doing something.

use your time for other stuff and dont waste it with putting effort in a good server. because this time is wasted.

LMAO Yommy...

You're 100% correct.

Sell every item in your server on a black market under the table and you'll have more players that you can handle, and more money than you can spend...

lol

Sad as it may sound, a lot of servers have been spoiling their players lately.. Tell them they get gods & donate items as freebies and voila you got your players lol. That's what I've observed at least. It might be different in your point of view so yeah :P

i tryed it by myself, and i had a stable server, with a nice client based on 2014 clients with all features.

arround 100players left the server because i fixed bugs and exploits they where not able to abuse anymore.

seeing those behaviors is damn sad.

easy, setup a really shit server and have no clue about what you are doing, then you are destined for 2000 players.

but be careful, any kind of professionalism in your setup, you are lucky to get 200 players

This is sadly extremely true. You can have a perfectly timed maintenance schedule, professional staff that knows what they are doing, non-game breaking items on your donation only shop, use your excess donations for charities instead of keeping it for profit...and you'll get 100 players max. Do the exact opposite, bam, 500+.

Indeed, good luck.

I somehow is saddened by the fact that players would tend to go for abusing bugs or anything termed as imbalance including cheating. The moment you put a stop to these things the player count suddenly drops. Some server owners however are just putting a blind eye to it to keep the server alive. Ragnarok is more than a decade old game you will be lucky if you still hit more than a hundred players. Nonetheless, Ive always lived up to quality > quantity. Nowadays, highrate servers lifespan is not even hitting 3 months. So goodluck and make sure you think this through.

half of my cent

Seems like we have the same dream...
When you are set to go for the server... Contact me if you would??
I'd say i'm pretty good with scripts, I can do almost anykind of scripting and database related stuff, also PHP, but very limited in Design and Source Mods.

And no, I'm not doing this for money... Just for the sake of living up my dream on RO

Aim for fun, do things you would like to do. Don't create a server based on a player who wants to play, or a guild waiting, or someone who thinks he know all the sh*t. Because in the end, these players will go, what else is left with you is a server those quitters wanted.

LOL! This is so true.  :lol:

This is so true in so many levels.

Like when I opened my server just this March for example, I had like 60 players the first day, when I enabled the antiWPE and other security features we went down to 30. 

Edited by Skyline

!!!!!!! Totally Agree!!!!

Servers with stupid GM's who can't solve very simple things usually can absorb around 1k-2k online.

Server by professional administrators very hard can got online more then 100!!! (there are tons of examples from current Hercules or rAthena community, i did saw different private servers from different community contributors, they are in technical plan are awesome, but online on them very small)

I somehow is saddened by the fact that players would tend to go for abusing bugs or anything termed as imbalance including cheating. The moment you put a stop to these things the player count suddenly drops. Some server owners however are just putting a blind eye to it to keep the server alive. Ragnarok is more than a decade old game you will be lucky if you still hit more than a hundred players. Nonetheless, Ive always lived up to quality > quantity. Nowadays, highrate servers lifespan is not even hitting 3 months. So goodluck and make sure you think this through.

half of my cent

there are many different servers what were hacked. And their administrators knows about it. Some guys can easly google and they can found their databases at pastebin or github accounts. And NOBODY CARES! really.

i tryed it by myself, and i had a stable server, with a nice client based on 2014 clients with all features.

arround 100players left the server because i fixed bugs and exploits they where not able to abuse anymore.

seeing those behaviors is damn sad.

i saw your server, it was very good.