Dastgir

[Release] ExtendedBG for Hercules (with eAmod BG modes)

Hope this will be finished soon :(

Currently the progress will be very slow, as I am having finals soon, and would not be able to contribute time to this for almost a month.

I will post an update here, once i resume the work.

Hi Dastgir. I'm another follower of your project. :wub:

From what you say, you have created the plugin and script of Flavius CTF 100% and are still developing the other games.

You can post your first version and we can help you complete your project. And do not be as stressful having to do all the work.

Hi Dastgir. I'm another follower of your project. :wub: From what you say, you have created the plugin and script of Flavius CTF 100% and are still developing the other games.You can post your first version and we can help you complete your project. And do not be as stressful having to do all the work.

The thing is I want to release a complete package of eAmodBg at once.

Also as many functions are same, and different bg needs different thing, it often breaks or changes the way other bg behave, which is often needs to be fixed.

Hi Dastgir. I'm another follower of your project. :wub: From what you say, you have created the plugin and script of Flavius CTF 100% and are still developing the other games.You can post your first version and we can help you complete your project. And do not be as stressful having to do all the work.

The thing is I want to release a complete package of eAmodBg at once.

Also as many functions are same, and different bg needs different thing, it often breaks or changes the way other bg behave, which is often needs to be fixed.

Ok, I keep looking forward the package. :lol:

Much encouragement, sure you're doing a good job.

Can you create a HUB, so we can help you, what you think?

I doubt that, but it's already on private repo , so that I can maximize the features in it.

Also the reason why I don't want to release partially (I split priority to different parts of script):post-48-0-82128800-1430983152_thumb.png

Currently the progress will be very slow, as I am having finals soon, and would not be able to contribute time to this for almost a month.

yay! been waiting this. :) i'll follow this topic :D

Dear Dastgir.

eAmod do not hold members on bugged emulator, we need this to completly switch emulator to hercules:

1. eAmod BG system
  2. eAmod Extended Ranking for BG
  3. eAmod Extended Ranking for WOE

So, is it possible somehow implement it for free for all? And is it possible somehow to hurry up the proccess? :rolleyes:

Please give a link(explanation) to 2 and 3.

Also, its possible to implementit free,however working alone implies that the process cannot be hurried up(especially , when you are tied to other things too)

I think you should leave gimmick features like rankings and myriad of custom modes for later, most important aspects would be the ability to queue and join through in-game menu and with atcommands.

In game menu?

Isn't queue better?

It depends, for official modes the in-game queue offers more options, plus if I remember correctly it was made usable for one BG mode time ago but never finished completely.

Another thing that would be really good is having both party and random queue option and the random option to have "smart" randomization, creating parties based on jobs so stuff like 5 priests on the same team doesn't happen.

Edited by Anisotropic Defixation

It depends, for official modes the in-game queue offers more options, plus if I remember correctly it was made usable for one BG mode time ago but never finished completely.

Another thing that would be really good is having both party and random queue option and the random option to have "smart" randomization, creating parties based on jobs so stuff like 5 priests on the same team doesn't happen.

The queue mode that this eBG uses is full Hercules queue. Although, we don't have smart algorithm yet(nobody suggested it, and we never thought of it).

Currently only @joinbg and @leavebg is there.

My question is how is your Queue system being run, src or via script?

If it's through script, a smart algorithm for a queue system to seperate dps,tank, and support isn't too hard.

Simply storing classes into an array and expanding the query to search through upto ~50 players will make it easier.

I've done a similar system for a dungeon queue.

I made it so player's who joined the queue selected their intended role, ofcourse you couldn't select DPS if you were a priest, so it prevented people from claiming a role they can't effectively do. Also this wouldn't affect a premade party. So mainly for those who solo que.

Lastly you give priority to certain roles over others, if you don't have the others available.

I used this small rule of guidance.

Tank>Support>DPS

this is because DPS classes are in abundance in RO, since most people play those.

Ratio I go for is, 1 tank, 1 support, 3 dps. Then cycle over.

Obviously this can all be adjusted for how large parties are intended to be.

But this should suffice for a 10v10, 2 Tanks, 2 Supports, and 6 DPS.

Edit; @Below - Sorry lol, I didn't mean it that way. I'm very sure you could do it easily. This was just my suggestion on how it could be done, if you lacked ideas.

Edited by GmOcean

If it's through script, a smart algorithm for a queue system to seperate dps,tank, and support isn't too hard.

Nobody said algorithm is hard :P

its just that nobody suggested it, nor we thought of it.

My question is how is your Queue system being run, src or via script?

Simply storing classes into an array and expanding the query to search through upto ~50 players will make it easier.

I've done a similar system for a dungeon queue.

I made it so player's who joined the queue selected their intended role, ofcourse you couldn't select DPS if you were a priest, so it prevented people from claiming a role they can't effectively do. Also this wouldn't affect a premade party. So mainly for those who solo que.

Lastly you give priority to certain roles over others, if you don't have the others available.

I used this small rule of guidance.

Tank>Support>DPS

this is because DPS classes are in abundance in RO, since most people play those.

Ratio I go for is, 1 tank, 1 support, 3 dps. Then cycle over.

Obviously this can all be adjusted for how large parties are intended to be.

But this should suffice for a 10v10, 2 Tanks, 2 Supports, and 6 DPS.

Edit; @Below - Sorry lol, I didn't mean it that way. I'm very sure you could do it easily. This was just my suggestion on how it could be done, if you lacked ideas.

R.I.P. Battle Priest