NotKappa

Problem with Hercules Ultimate Localization (.po)

Question

Hello,

So i were trying to use the Hercules Ultimate Localization Design,

I did everything well i loaded poedit translated an NPC to test,

but for me it didn't work as expected,

JP1G3uz.jpg

i'am translating the server to Arabic using UTF-8.

just wounding is it not supported or just this is a bad settings.

- Arabic chars should be in UTF-8 in scripts.?

Edited by AsuraBro

14 answers to this question

it depends on the lang/service type of the client...

+-----+------------------------+-------------------+| int | enum SERVICETYPE	   | "servicetype" tag |+-----+------------------------+-------------------+| 0   | SERVICETYPE_KOREA	  | korea			 || 1   | SERVICETYPE_AMERICA    | america		   || 2   | SERVICETYPE_JAPAN	  | japan			 || 3   | SERVICETYPE_CHINA	  | china			 || 4   | SERVICETYPE_TAIWAN	 | taiwan		    || 5   | SERVICETYPE_THAI	   | thai			  || 6   | SERVICETYPE_INDONESIA  | indonesia		 || 7   | SERVICETYPE_PHILIPPINE | philippine	    || 8   | SERVICETYPE_MALAYSIA   | malaysia		  || 9   | SERVICETYPE_SINGAPORE  | singapore		 || 10  | SERVICETYPE_GERMANY    | germany		   || 11  | SERVICETYPE_INDIA	  | india			 || 12  | SERVICETYPE_BRAZIL	 | brazil		    || 13  | SERVICETYPE_AUSTRALIA  | australia		 || 14  | SERVICETYPE_RUSSIA	 | russia		    || 15  | SERVICETYPE_VIETNAM    | vietnam		   || 17  | SERVICETYPE_CHILE	  | chile			 || 18  | SERVICETYPE_FRANCE	 | france		    || 19  | SERVICETYPE_UAE	    | uae			   |+-----+------------------------+-------------------+ 

:meow:

it depends on the lang/service type of the client...

+-----+------------------------+-------------------+| int | enum SERVICETYPE	   | "servicetype" tag |+-----+------------------------+-------------------+| 0   | SERVICETYPE_KOREA	  | korea			 || 1   | SERVICETYPE_AMERICA    | america		   || 2   | SERVICETYPE_JAPAN	  | japan			 || 3   | SERVICETYPE_CHINA	  | china			 || 4   | SERVICETYPE_TAIWAN	 | taiwan		    || 5   | SERVICETYPE_THAI	   | thai			  || 6   | SERVICETYPE_INDONESIA  | indonesia		 || 7   | SERVICETYPE_PHILIPPINE | philippine	    || 8   | SERVICETYPE_MALAYSIA   | malaysia		  || 9   | SERVICETYPE_SINGAPORE  | singapore		 || 10  | SERVICETYPE_GERMANY    | germany		   || 11  | SERVICETYPE_INDIA	  | india			 || 12  | SERVICETYPE_BRAZIL	 | brazil		    || 13  | SERVICETYPE_AUSTRALIA  | australia		 || 14  | SERVICETYPE_RUSSIA	 | russia		    || 15  | SERVICETYPE_VIETNAM    | vietnam		   || 17  | SERVICETYPE_CHILE	  | chile			 || 18  | SERVICETYPE_FRANCE	 | france		    || 19  | SERVICETYPE_UAE	    | uae			   |+-----+------------------------+-------------------+ 

Iam using langserv 19 for Arabic and i can type in Arabic inside the server.

Also i can translate the original script in Arabic but its not working with the Poedit.

Edited by AsuraBro

can you share your .po..I wanna try it..I'll try to check if there is a character encoding problem with that .po and the server...:D

Iam translating the Jobmaster npc.

what jobmaster script are you using? it doesn't work with the default of herc..

Iam translating the Jobmaster npc.

what jobmaster script are you using? it doesn't work with the default of herc..

I am translating the herc jobmaster.

:/

Edited by AsuraBro

can you share your .po..I wanna try it..I'll try to check if there is a character encoding problem with that .po and the server... :D

I am having the same issue and I noticed that it occurs because all default hercules txt files are saved as utf-8 w/boom, but for the translation to be properly displayed, all files must be set to ANSI

Edited by evilpuncker

is there any fix for this?, this problem is not from client last time i checked i can type in arabic in game, but the npc wont show me Arabic characters from server side. 

im still alive Kappa

You need to save in ascii equivalent of Arabic?

saving it as an ASCII will corrupt the arabic chars and it will display it like this "?????".

Arabic chars uses UTF-8, as i noticed that hercules force the .po translated file to use ASCII when i saved it as UTF-8.

i notice that the emulator force the translate to use ANSI instead of UTF-8 that will display arabic.

using ANSI with Arabic will corrupt the char display and it will not show it correct.

i think there is a problem in the emulator side problem as i can use arabic in my client no problem but NPC wont show arabic Char sets.

how come no one able to help me fixing this  :(  it has been 2 months

this how it shows for me the PoEdit file > ingame

660367170a.jpg

and i can type arabic in the server with no encoding problems!

Edited by AsuraBro

660367170a.jpg

Mind sharing the translation file.

So I can test it myself.

(Here or at pm)

660367170a.jpg

Mind sharing the translation file.

So I can test it myself.

(Here or at pm)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/plsfixrito/Hercules/master/Arabic%20-%20Trasnlation.po