Mumbles

Instant Third-Class Jobs

Utility: Instant Third-Class Jobs

As per spectator's request: http://herc.ws/board/topic/882-rinstant-job-changer/

Description:

Allows player to choose a third-class job upon initial login; if the player fails to choose a class for any reason, (s)he will be prompted again upon next login.

Download:

https://github.com/datmumbles/Scripts/raw/master/util/thirds.txt

Utility: Automatic Third-Class Jobs

As per spectator's request: http://herc.ws/board/topic/882-rinstant-job-changer/

Description:

Allows player to choose a third-class job upon initial login; if the player fails to choose a class for any reason, (s)he will be prompted again upon next login.

Video and download:

http://dev.are-o.net/dl/scripts/thirds/

switch(select("Rune Knight:High Wizard:Arch Bishop:Ranger:Mechanic:Guillotine Cross:Royal Guard:Sorcerer:Sura:Minstrel/Wanderer:Genetic:Shadow Chaser"))

High wizard? :blink:

Description:

Video and download:

switch(select("Rune Knight:High Wizard:Arch Bishop:Ranger:Mechanic:Guillotine Cross:Royal Guard:Sorcerer:Sura:Minstrel/Wanderer:Genetic:Shadow Chaser"))

Whoa, thanks for pointing that out. Forgot to swap that name out in that menu. Updated and fixed; thanks!

Description:

Video and download:

Whoa, thanks for pointing that out. Forgot to swap that name out in that menu. Updated and fixed; thanks!

Heh...no problem...I like this script...useful...keep up good work /no1

I have revised this script; the content of the linked page in my original post has since been updated to reflect these changes.

Guest vespercore02

nice work Mumbles

how can we add the quest skill?

or can we add the quest skill id on for each job?

:)

nice work Mumbles

You can add quests skills after this line:

skill 1, 9, 0;	  // Level 9 Basic Skill

I recommend using a nested switch based on their new class to add quest skills.

Guest vespercore02

nice work Mumbles

You can add quests skills after this line:

skill 1, 9, 0;	  // Level 9 Basic Skill

I recommend using a nested switch based on their new class to add quest skills.

weeee... thanks sir :D

Sir, How to change this to NPC? that will require 1 TCG before job change.

Add this directly after the OnInit label:

.tcg_id = TCG_Card;.tcg_amount = 1;

And this directly after the case 1 label:

if (countitem(.tcg_id) < .tcg_amount) {	message strcharinfo(0), "You need "+ .tcg_amount +" "+ getitemname(.tcg_id) +" to change jobs.";	close;}

Thank you Sir.. Is there a script that prevent from user to close or cancel the window? I want to make the selection required to the user.

Change this:

while (true) {

To this:

do {

Then change this:

menu implode(.job_name$, ":"), -;

To this:

prompt implode(.job_name$, ":"), -;

And this:

case 3:			close;	}}

To this:

case 3:			close;	}} while (@menu == 255);

Lastly, change this:

case 2:	break;

To this:

case 2:	@menu = 255;	break;

I haven't actually tested this information, but if it's incorrect, then just rewrite it using prompt instead of menu, with a do...while loop to counter control it in the same manner I explained.

I don't know why I'm getting this error. Please help. 

error script:conv_str: cannot convert to string, defaulting to ""

Updated. Please re-download the script using the link provided in the first post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Making it required still not working. See attached file thanks!

Edited Code:

-	script	thirds	-1,{			/*-----------------------------------------------------		Function: colour()		-------------------------------------------------------		Description: Colours the defined string.		-------------------------------------------------------		Usage:		colour("<colour hex>", "<string>");		-----------------------------------------------------*/		function colour {			return "^"+ getarg(0) + getarg(1) +"^000000";		}						/*-----------------------------------------------------		Configuration		-----------------------------------------------------*/		OnInit:			.trans = 1;	// Transcend? 0 = no, 1 = yes (default: 1)						// Job names			setarray .job_name$[0],	"Rune Knight", "Warlock", "Arch Bishop", "Ranger", "Mechanic", "Guillotine Cross",									"Royal Guard", "Sorcerer", "Sura", "Minstrel/Wanderer", "Genetic", "Shadow Chaser";						// Job IDs			setarray .job_id[0],	Job_Rune_Knight, Job_Warlock, Job_Arch_Bishop, Job_Ranger, Job_Mechanic, Job_Guillotine_Cross,									Job_Royal_Guard, Job_Sorcerer, Job_Sura, Job_Minstrel, Job_Genetic, Job_Shadow_Chaser;						// Job IDs (Trans)					 			setarray .job_id_t[0],	Job_Rune_Knight_T, Job_Warlock_T, Job_Arch_Bishop_T, Job_Ranger_T, Job_Mechanic_T, Job_Guillotine_Cross_T,									Job_Royal_Guard_T, Job_Sorcerer_T, Job_Sura_T, Job_Minstrel_T, Job_Genetic_T, Job_Shadow_Chaser_T;			end;						/*-----------------------------------------------------		Script		-----------------------------------------------------*/		OnPCLoginEvent:			if(auto_third) {				end;			}							do { 				mes "[Welcome to  HelloRO "+ strcharinfo(0) +"]";				prompt implode(.job_name$, ":"), -;								.@index = @menu - 1;								switch(select("Confirm - ["+ colour("008800", .job_name$[.@index]) +"]:Change selection:"+ colour("FF0000", "End session"))) {					case 1:						jobchange (.trans ? .job_id_t[.@index] : .job_id[.@index]);												/*-----------------------------------------------------						Job Change Settings						-----------------------------------------------------*/						BaseLevel = 150;	// Max base level						JobLevel = 70;		// Max job level												skill NV_BASIC, 9, 0;	// Level 9 Basic Skill						SkillPoint = 187;		// 49 First, 69 Trans, 69 Third						/*---------------------------------------------------*/												if (.trans) {							StatusPoint += 100;						}												auto_third = 1;						close;										case 2:						@menu = 255;						break;											case 3:								close;						}} while (@menu == 255);			}

post-4596-0-57374700-1390923263_thumb.png

Edited by Hadeszeus

my players keep getting prompted by this to choose their job . how to fix this ?

Thanks

This will only prompt players if they do not have the variable auto_third set; if they've already selected their job once, they won't encounter the message anymore. However, if you're loading this (as it is) into a live server, pre-existing players will also be prompted, even if they already have their class of choice. To prevent this from happening, change this line:

if(auto_third) {

to this:

if(auto_third || Class) {

thnx for the fast reply !!!!

This helped !

You're very welcome; I'm glad I was able to help you resolve the issue. c: