Truly

[Forum Addition] Paid Downloads Section

Hello everyone,

I wanted to suggest that there be a section fused with the current downloads section which allows for selling of downloadable content. rAthena had this implemented and I was quite happy with it as i'm sure many were.

There was a requirement for purchasing a map, and a purchase there was a few weeks of pending time to ensure there was no charge-back or fraud from the purchase. After that period, you were able to get the money sent to you via paypal.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this!

That's all!

Truly ~

P.S. Maybe Hercules could make any purchase have a tax/commision % so there would be income to the team running the show. I'm sure that would be very beneficial.

P.S. Maybe Hercules could make any purchase have a tax/commision % so there would be income to the team running the show. I'm sure that would be very beneficial.

The only real issue is that we don't need money. We are self sufficient to host Hercules and don't need to rely on donations or commissions. Hence, we don't have a Donator's group. Of course, this statement may change in the future when we may need to receive donations... but at our current state, we don't need donations / commissions :P.

Edit:

Other topics regarding the same issue:

I agree with mystery, we are self sufficient to host Hercules and does not need to earn something....

rAthena had this implemented and I was quite happy
If ever it implements, I would not suggest to make it like rA, :P, their payout takes months and months(because is manual,and handled by one person only) :D

I don't support it as well, paid services are more than enough if someone is really hungry for money, lets just release thing for free :)

i agree on mysterious, Hercules is Hercules, We made this far and made a name for what the developers and owners unique capabilities and talents, i salute them for being self sufficient ..

Well, it was an addition to the post as a possibility for getting some additional money for the site. The main point was to let creators publish their work and earn from it. Releasing things for free is great I agree, but some work is very tedious and not exactly intended to be given away :P

But I understand! And yeah their version took a while to payout due to the probability of chargebacks and such.

Hoping it will happen in the future though!

Well, it was an addition to the post as a possibility for getting some additional money for the site. The main point was to let creators publish their work and earn from it. Releasing things for free is great I agree, but some work is very tedious and not exactly intended to be given away :P

But I understand! And yeah their version took a while to payout due to the probability of chargebacks and such.

Hoping it will happen in the future though!

Open a topic in paid service with lists of what you selling, let the people directly contact you and give you the money directly.. There isn't really need of a middleman(which will be in most trouble if anything happens)

Indeed with what @@Dastgir mentioned. If we opened up IP. Paid Downloads, Hercules is the middleman within the payments. If you look at rAthena, if anything happens with the transactions etc., rAthena is the middleman and may be accountable for things. They need to issue payouts etc. which here in Hercules... we really don't need to be focusing on that nor want to be involved with any disputes that may arise.

This way, if you open a Paid Service thread, it is YOU and the CONSUMERS who are accountable and Hercules has nothing to do with it. This way, we are not involved and don't take any heat for things that come up (rephrase much? :P).

Ah very very true.

Thanks, it makes a lot more sense now why it wasn't put in and probably won't as it would cause additional work and potential headaches haha.

~ Dont need IP. Downloads. Discussion took place above. We don't need to be the 'same'.

Topic locked.