Tortoise

Item_db2.conf

Question

Hello friends! I got a NOOB question here :wub: . This is my first time using Hercules Emulator (Server Setup NOT included of course). I just found out that some functions, commands, and tools are different from rAthena Emulator but still I learned. I just want to ask about the file "item_db2. conf", why is not reading the file? I mean every time I put custom items, it will not work, but then If I put the files inside the "item_db. conf" it will work. I don't have any problem with this, but as we all know that if you are using winscp (Linux Templates) it's really slow to save the "item_db. conf" file.

Would you mind telling me the right way to make the "item_db2.conf" work? This is kinda easy question, hope you will answer me directly, I also hope that I explained my question well.

Regards,

3 answers to this question

@@Tortoise Make sure that your custom item is outside the /* */

for example:

/*{	Id: 7170	AegisName: "Tuxedo"	Name: "Tuxedo"	Type: 5	Buy: 43000	Weight: 10	Job: 0xFFFFFFFE	Gender: 1	Loc: 16	OnEquipScript: <" sc_start SC_WEDDING,-1,0; ">	OnUnequipScript: <" sc_end SC_WEDDING; ">},*///Add your your Custom Items below:{	Id: 7170	AegisName: "Tuxedo"	Name: "Tuxedo"	Type: 5	Buy: 43000	Weight: 10	Job: 0xFFFFFFFE	Gender: 1	Loc: 16	OnEquipScript: <" sc_start SC_WEDDING,-1,0; ">	OnUnequipScript: <" sc_end SC_WEDDING; ">},}

You can also use Inherit in Item_db2.conf

// =================== Optional fields (item_db2 only) ================	Inherit: true/false           (boolean, if true, inherit the values	                              that weren't specified, from item_db.conf,	                              else override it and use default values)},

Item_db2.conf should be in /db/ folder

, also be sure there isn't any error in map-server, map-server would throw error if syntax is found inappropriate.