Sign in to follow this  
Ricauter

Can't conect to my server

Question

Hello! so I'm pretty new to Hercules (tried eAthena and rAthena before tho) and I managed to get the map server, char server and login server running, they got no errors on the console... BUT when I try to log in from the client the next ensues:

-I select the server from the list

QDug3qc.jpg

-I log in with username and password

dfOZnGk.jpg

-I select the server from the list (at this point the console shows my attemp to log in)

obZaFSz.jpg

5Qm0gYH.png

-Then:

PJNFjOc.jpg

I'm using 2014-04-16aRagexe and used NEMO to diff it.

here's my clientinfo.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr" ?><clientinfo>	<desc>Ragnarok Client Information</desc>	<servicetype>korea</servicetype>	<servertype>primary</servertype>	<extendedslot />	<connection>		<display>Cube Gaming Ragnarok ONline</display>		<desc>250k/250k/Various</desc>		<balloon>CLICK ME!!</balloon>		<address>**.**.**.**</address>		<port>6900</port>		<version>46</version>		<langtype>1</langtype>		<registrationweb>*******</registrationweb>		<yellow>			<admin>2000001</admin>			<admin>2000002</admin>			<admin>2000003</admin>		</yellow>		<loading>			<image>loading00.jpg</image>			<image>loading01.jpg</image>			<image>loading02.jpg</image>			<image>loading03.jpg</image>			<image>loading04.jpg</image>			<image>loading05.jpg</image>			<image>loading06.jpg</image>			<image>loading07.jpg</image>			<image>loading08.jpg</image>			<image>loading09.jpg</image>			<image>loading10.jpg</image>		</loading>	</connection></clientinfo> 

Any Idea of what may be happening or how can I fix it?

Edited by Ricauter

18 answers to this question

Umm. According to screenshots, you're able to connect to login server (entering password and all), but fail to get around to char/map servers. I'd say it's totally not a client issue at all, and rather configuration issue? Have you configured char-server.conf and map-server.conf properly?

Especially these options:

// Character Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.char_ip: (Insert DNS or outside IP of your server here, per example herc.ws or 104.28.21.17)
// Map Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.map_ip: (Same as above)

Also, if server is inside your own network, I'd configure subnet.conf as well.

did you modify your mmo.h?

by default hercules is using 20141022 client so you must change it to your client date.

#ifndef PACKETVER	#define PACKETVER 20140416#endif // PACKETVER

after your modification did you recompile your server ? please double check and recompile your server .. make sure that your client is same with mmo.h

by default hercules is using 20141022 client so you must change it to your client date.

after your modification did you recompile your server ? please double check and recompile your server .. make sure that your client is same with mmo.h

Another question, he has an sql update. I have around like 20+ sql updates, how do I auto install them in the command line of hercules?

double checked, recompiled, same problem still, you think maybe its the client? should I use an older one?

Edited by Ricauter

double checked, repacked, same problem still, you think maybe its the client? should I use an older one?

try first to use different langtype:

<langtype>1</langtype>

double checked, repacked, same problem still, you think maybe its the client? should I use an older one?

try first to use different langtype:

<langtype>1</langtype>

tried 1~17 still the same issue  :sob:

@@Ricauter have you try to update your sql first?

exactly how do I do that? I mean, it's a new host so you'd think the sql is already updated...

the sql is available in Hercules directory.. just apply it in your SQL

Another question, he has an sql update. I have around like 20+ sql updates, how do I auto install them in the command line of hercules?

I also encountered this kind of issue (neither, this is just a message to be updated), if don't want to appear this on your console, just open, sql-files/upgrades/ then look for index.txt file and remove all lines.

You can apply it manually if you want to update your sql (The same with uploading the sql files from the scratch). Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,

Edited by Tortoise

@Mhalicot@Tortoise updated SQL so that line is no longer shownig, but I'm still having the same issue x.x I'm going to try an older client version, to see if it works :(

If this your 1st time using hercules

executing main.sql is enough, no need to execute the "upgrade" files

tried all 2014 clients, still same issue, I don't think I can use 2013 clients because of new prontera.... I don't know what am I doing wrong e_e

edit: how do I use 2013 clients anyway? every time I try to go to k3dt's site where the 2013 ragexe's are located my antivirus detects it as a threat and when I download them it deletes the diffed clients, and I don't want that to happen to my users, I don't want anyone to have to DISABLE their antivirus just to play my server....

Edited by Ricauter

tried all 2014 clients, still same issue, I don't think I can use 2013 clients because of new prontera.... I don't know what am I doing wrong e_e

edit: how do I use 2013 clients anyway? every time I try to go to k3dt's site where the 2013 ragexe's are located my antivirus detects it as a threat and when I download them it deletes the diffed clients, and I don't want that to happen to my users, I don't want anyone to have to DISABLE their antivirus just to play my server....

in Client-Side Releases there are lots of working clients.. just search for good one..! or use NEMO and diff by yourself

@@Mhalicot tried with 2013-12-26 and it wasn't detected as a virus, diffed it myself with NEMO aswell, but I'm still encountering the same issue, even reinstalled the data bases and re-configured the CP in case it was a DB error, but I still don't know what might be happening... the console shows no error, tried changing the client version and langtype to see if it would help... man I don't know what in the world might be causing the issue X_X

here's the patches I'm diffing with:

2 Chat Flood Allow

8 Custom Window Title

9 Disable 1rag1 type parameters (Recommended)

13 Disable Ragexe Filename Check (Recommended)

14 Disable Hallucination Wavy Screen (Recommended)

15 Disable HShield (Recommended)

16 Disable Swear Filter

17 Enable Official Custom Fonts

20 Extend Chat Box

21 Extend Chat Room Box

22 Extend PM Box

26 Fix Camera Angles (FULL)

28 Increase Headgear ViewID

32 Increase Zoom Out Max

33 Always Call SelectKoreaClientInfo() (Recommended)

34 Enable /showname (Recommended)

36 Read msgstringtable.txt (Recommended)

37 Read questid2display.txt (Recommended)

38 Remove Gravity Ads (Recommended)

39 Remove Gravity Logo (Recommended)

40 Restore Login Window (Recommended)

41 Disable Nagle Algorithm (Recommended)

44 Translate Client (Recommended)

46 Use Normal Guild Brackets

47 Use Ragnarok Icon

48 Use Plain Text Descriptions (Recommended)

49 Enable Multiple GRFs (Recommended)

50 Skip License Screen

53 Use Ascii on All Langtypes (Recommended)

54 Chat Color - GM

61 Disable Packet Encryption (Recommended)

64 @ Bug Fix (Recommended)

65 Load Custom lua file instead of iteminfo.lub

67 Remove Quake skill effect

71 Ignore Missing File Error

72 Ignore Missing Palette Error

73 Remove Hourly Announce (Recommended)

204 Increase Attack Display

74 Increase Screenshot Quality

205 Enable Monster tables

75 Enable Flag Emoticons

76 Enforce Official Login Background

207 Resize Font