Sign in to follow this  
Aeromesi

Server News System - Display your Server news to your Players

Do you use my scripts for your Server?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use this for your Server?

[Server News System 1.0]

Explanation:

/* 	Server News script	Version 1.0	Special thanks to IeYasuru for providing the script on eAthena years ago and for my Server.	Special thanks to Garr for providing an updated SQL table for this script.	Recoded and formated for Hercules by: Aeromesi	Information/How to use: Whisper NPC:servnews so that you can post the Latest news for your server, install the SQL Table in your MySQL Server	You may Add as many posts as you want as well as Delete based on the post_id in the SQL.	Players will be able to view all current News upon login, when they relog they won't see the message until more updated news is announced.	*/ 

How to install:
Simply install the SQL script given in the Server News script at the header:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `gm_news`;CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `gm_news` (  `post_id` int(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,  `gm_poster` char(50) DEFAULT NULL,  `message` char(50) DEFAULT NULL,  PRIMARY KEY (`post_id`)) ENGINE=InnoDB;

And you're good to go!

Remember, if you like my work, please rep up my profile or view my scripting services! I may be able to help you in what you want.

More power to Hercules! :)

Enjoy!

Regards,
Aeromesi

servernews.txt

Edited by Aeromesi

Yes I will use this on my server, but

1. Can you make like this: Enter Topic Tittle "Tittle" , then Enter Message "Message". That will be better.
  2. And remove post by ( I know how to , just suggestion ).

Edit:

When I press no when adding the text as a GM , it says error: script:callfunc: function not found! [GM_News]

Edited by Max

@@Max

Not placing blame, but it seems someone (probably Aeromesi) changed the name of the function and forgot to change a callfunc() later in the script, so it was still trying to call the old function name. I just made a quick change and here's the updated script. And also, I did a complete recode of the script and it does include your topic idea. I also included an option to modify existing posts (useful since the new `topic` column in the table will all default to "Unknown"). Once I get it fully tested I'll upload it here as an alternate version.

servernews.txt